• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Please Get Morpeko! (1159)

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
I just realized...
Morpeko is Ootani Ikue. Like, it's so obvious. Its angry shouts sound exactly like an angry Chopper from One Piece. So the "Pikachu clone" of this show also has Pikachu's voice.

Somehow I have been noticing a lot of multi-castings as of late specifically. I also am suddenly hearing Miki Shin'ichiro voicing like half the Pokémon. Even though him voicing a bunch of Pokémon in addition to Kojiro is hardly new.
Yeah, I've only noticed it today that she voices Morpeko too. Second time I was surprised with her in the show. First was with Sawyer lol

She is also voicing TR dex.

But in her case, I don't mind. I always like seeing her doing stuff for the show other than repeating "Pikachu" in all possible variations. So bring on more Ohtani.

Bring back Sawyer!

And as usual, you can count the number of times Wobbuffet is used on one hand. ...Wait, has he been used at all so far this series?
No argument here. My point is Jessie still has a pokémon we all can call "Jessie's pokémon". Even if it's as useless in battle as, say, Meowth. James spent nearly 70 episodes without having the same luxury

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
Galarian Hamtaro is hardcore. And Dark (type)

Overall, this episode was... Something. If it was just about any pokémon it'd be a good capture episode but considering how they set the TR x Morpeko dynamic it's... Really dissapointing. Like if they could at least have addressed Morpeko getting better with the hunger issue, it'd be one thing. But just have a capture when things will more or less be the same is just... Poor writting. This episode feels like it should've come sooner or at least the James x Morpeko connection should've been set up before. The way they are setting, TR comes off as masochists since they are keeping a pokémon that just makes their lives miserable. It feels more like a forced capture - not different than Ash getting Riolu - just so they can say "see? TR got the Pikaclone with dark typing".

Really, I'm no TR fan but this episode was mixed bag for me. It just doesn't work on several levels.

She still has Wobbuffet. Mascot or not, it's still her pokémon
Well, they're still going after Pikachu after all these years. I'm not sure "masochist" is the wrong word.

UltimateNinja

Praying for the holy relics
Good to see James finally catching a Pokemon again though I don't feel Morpeko that much. A Pokemon like Clobbopus would've fit him more imo. Maybe it can still happen.

Cramorant for Jessie though.

Shneak

this is a Nessa x Sonia stan account ✨
It took 69 episodes for Team Rocket to catch a Pokemon? Morpeko's not my favourite but at least it's some form of development. I'm just annoyed at the lack of a planned narrative for them this saga.

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
I hope they do something similar to the Lucy episode with a Morpeko face off if/when Marnie’s shows up.

Haven’t watched the episode yet but I hope Jessie gets a Galar Pokémon of her own. Yeah James finally has his own Pokémon but it feels bittersweet that it took this long for him to get a Pokémon that’s been around for awhile. I don’t think they’d phase the gacha out but I hope they do because the gacha machine is so boring. Most of TRio’s best moments are with their Pokémon that help give them a sense of humanity despite being designated villains.

WaterShuriken

"I..I..Iron Tail, Pikachu."
I honestly thought James and Morpeko were gonna bond more before the capture but it does make sense that James would be against the abandoning Pokémon idea.

Neat episode I guess. Still don't care for Morpeko tho. *shrugs*

UnovaMaster

I hope they do something similar to the Lucy episode with a Morpeko face off if/when Marnie’s shows up.

Haven’t watched the episode yet but I hope Jessie gets a Galar Pokémon of her own. Yeah James finally has his own Pokémon but it feels bittersweet that it took this long for him to get a Pokémon that’s been around for awhile. I don’t think they’d phase the gacha out but I hope they do because the gacha machine is so boring. Most of TRio’s best moments are with their Pokémon that help give them a sense of humanity despite being designated villains.

The Gacha scene was the best TRio scene of the episode, hope it's a permanent fixture from now on

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
Grookey didn't do anything and wanted to fool around, but yet TRio didn't care much about it and it ditched them over their strange negligence.

Morpeko continued being a nuisance that starved them to near-death multiple times but James realized they couldn't live with it and so got it for himself.

...Are they masochists?

Panky..

Discord: Panky..#9281
Grookey didn't do anything and wanted to fool around, but yet TRio didn't care much about it and it ditched them over their strange negligence.

Morpeko continued being a nuisance that starved them to near-death multiple times but James realized they couldn't live with it and so got it for himself.

...Are they masochists?
Technically, Grookey ditched them for some random tell-don't-show reason just because plot demanded that it had to be a Goh mon. They were trying to get along with it.

Lord Starfish

Fond of owls
I’m guessing Goh catching a Pidgeotto didn’t remind Ash about the Pidgeot he had abandoned and promised to comeback for?
Him promising to come back for it was a dub invention, so no, it would not remind him of that.

UglyToast

Now Goh will focus on catching a Pidgeot....

Which will lead to him conveniently throwing a ball at Ash's, but it won't go in because it's not wild

and Goh will be accused of stealing Ash's beloved property that he was looking after so well
sometimes, I cannot tell are you sarcastic or not.