• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Please help about wi-fi

Zorg

Spongetastic
Hi. im trying to set up a wi-fi point at home and i need my SSID and WEP things. The problem is i cant find them. People have told me to go to 'home' and then 'wireless router settings' or something, but what is 'home'? is it My computer, desktop, the start menu? there is no button to go to 'home'... that i can see... please help, sorry if this is in the wrong place.

K Train

Hi Zorg your WEP key and SSID ID are on your router Configuration Page if you Tell me what Router you have I will be more than happy to help

AshMayMistyHikarifan

Hi Zorg your WEP key and SSID ID are on your router Configuration Page if you Tell me what Router you have I will be more than happy to help

Hi, I'm going through the same problem myself. The connection I am getting on my end is 'Netgear', and it's 'locked'. It's requiring a WEP and SSID, to which I feel like Adam Sandler of Waterboy in trying to understand this.

My DSL is a:
Westell Model 6100

Please reply here and also my PM in case I get lost and don't wind up coming back to this post.

Maylu Sakurai

Dawn's ultimate Fan!
an SSID is the name some people block the name from broadcasting and to check these you have to look at the routers IP address and get into it to change these and if your wanting to reset it there should be a reset button on the back of the router (depends on make)

K Train

Hi Zorg Sorry I was late getting back to you

Step 1. Open your web browser and enter the IP address of the router (10.1.1.1). Enter user name (admin) and your password (admin).

Step 2. Click on Wireless button on the left side of your screen.

Step 3. In this Page you should be able to see your WEP and your SSID

and AshMayMistyHikarifan

I'm not too sure I've never heard of the Westell Model 6100 is it a Wireless modem and you are searching wireless and you are finding someone elses network?