• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Please Help My Noob Deck

FatSnorlaxPwnage6

Snorlax Trainer
I have alot of the old school cards and some newer ones, so if u think a card would work good in here, tell me because i might have it. Thanks alot.

Surf and Turf: 60 Cards: Unlimited Deck

Pokemon: 19

Magmar EX: 100/109:Super Singe attack and smokescreen
Blaziken: 3/109 with Firestarter PokePower and Fire Stream attack 50
Combusken: with Natural Cure: 28/109: attack is lunge
Combusken: from starter deck: attack is double kick and flare
Torchic: attack is firebreathing 20+: 77/97
Torchic: same as above
Torchic: attack is peck and fireworks: 73/109
Swampert: Pokebody is Natural Remedy attacks are waterfall and water arrow: 23/109
Marshtomp: with Natural Cure: 41/109: attacks are Aqua Sonic
Marshtomp: with Slash attack and bubble:40/109
Mudkip: Promo 018: attacks are surf and whirlpool
Mudkip: With fury swipes and pund attacks: 60/109
Squirtle: 82/112: Attack is Sleepy Ball
Squirtle: 46/95: attack is tackle: pokebody is Shell Retreat
Wartortle: 50/112 attacks are water gun and Smash Turn 40
Dark Wartorle: 46/82: attacks are doubleslap and mirror shell
Dark Blastoise: 20/82: attacks are Hydrocannon and Rocket Tackle
Blastoise: 37/165: attack is energy cannon and PokePower is Jet Stream
Blastoise: 2/130: attack is hydropump, Pokemon Power is rain dance

Trainers: 25

Professor Oak's Research
Lanette's Net Search
Switch
Potion
Moo-Moo Milk
Master Ball
Bills Maintenance
Professor Oak
Life Herb
Dual Ball
Energy Stadium
Energy Search
Energy Search
Energy Search
Lady Outing
Pokedex
TV Reporter
Energy Recycle System
Double Full Heal
Energy Restore
Lucky Stadium
Warp Point
Team Aqua Schemer
Team Magma Schemer
Super Rod

Energy's: 16

8 Fire Energy
8 Water Energy

Last edited:

CrimsonX

you get the limited edition misty seadras. if u do i do 2. =D

FatSnorlaxPwnage6

Snorlax Trainer
so what do u think i can do to help my deck. I dont know what cards are the modified format and such, but im just playin with my friends casually at yugioh tournaments so i just want it to be decent.

Cipher 2008

First, give us the sets and the card numbers so we know the attacks. We can't help you unless we know the attacks.

Take out two or three energies and add in to the Trainers.

Cipher 2008

Right, well, from the off, this is an Unlimited deck, as there are cards from sets before EX Deoxys.

Misty's Seadra is completely useless as you have no Misty's Horsea. Get rid of it, as it is it's a waste of space. Get rid of Mantine and the Horsea line, too. Put in another seven Pokémon, either in a 1-2-4, 1-3-3 or 2-2-3 (or even 2-3-2) line.

Get rid of a Double Colorless Energy or a Potion.

FatSnorlaxPwnage6

Snorlax Trainer
i dropped a potion and the horsea line and added a squirtle line. By the way im still new at this and alot of my monsters have a colorless energy next to an attack, meaning i need to pay a colorless and a water energy to attack. Dont i need more colorless energys? And i feel so stupid saying this but what are damage counters? What other cards should i put into my deck to make it better?

Cipher 2008

I seriously suggest you buy EX Trainer Kit 2 and read the manual in there. If you're unsure of the basics you need a starter set and that'll halp massively. :)

Colorless Energy are special - anything can count as a Colorless Energy. So a Water Energy can count as Water and Colorless, a Fire Energy can count as Fire and Colorless, and so on.

You're using a 3-2-2 line for Squirtle, which is very good indeed. You're experimenting. As you have more Blastoises than you do Wartortles, you're more likely to pick up a Blastoise from your deck, and that's helpful.

It's definitely coming along, though I still say take out the three Double Colorless energy as you don't need them, and add three Trainer cards in.

FatSnorlaxPwnage6

Snorlax Trainer
ok thanks alot. Now that i understand i can use a water energy as a colorless one, i know that i dont need the double colorless energys anymore. Ill update the deck now. Thanks alot.

FatSnorlaxPwnage6

Snorlax Trainer
I took out 3 Double Colorless Energy's for

Team Aqua Schemer- Even though it doesnt really go with the theme its still a discard one draw 3.
Team Magma Schemer- Same as above
Super Rod- Good card

Cipher 2008

In future, please don't double-post, just edit your first post. Thanks.

You've put in three good cards there. The deck's turning out nicely.

FatSnorlaxPwnage6

Snorlax Trainer
oh sorry about the double post wont happen again. I just read a rulebook so im beginnning to understand the game and what cards work good, ect. Thanks for the help. So do u think there are any cards that i could get to replace some of the not so good ones in here?

Question: Im pretty sure that you are not allowed to evolve a pokemon in the same turn u played it right? Example: I bring out Squirtle, i cant evolve him till next turn, right? Then say next turn i evolve him into Wartortle, can i evolve him into Blastoise the same turn i evolved Squirtel into Wartorltle, or can u only evolve once per turn?

2nd Question: Can i evolve pokemon on the bench?

Last edited:

Cipher 2008

At this point, try playing the deck. If you have any consistent problems during the course of the game, they need to be noted and fixed. That's how I came to make Devil's Duty.

Cipher 2008

Question 2: Yes, you can evolve Pokémon on the Bench.

The evolution phase works like this:

Turn 1: Squirtle goes on bench.
Turn 2: Evolve into Wartortle.
Turn 3: Evolve into Blastoise.