• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

please help with choosing and building my team!!

Dragon trainer

Arise from the Ashes
Recently got Black 2 so torn on which team to use with either Tepig starter or Oshawott starter, used both and liked both of them, have used Snivy starter but not liked it as much as either, Emboar was great on White and Samurott i enjoyed but not as much. So torn using a Tepig starter or Oshawott starter. Have started on Black 2 with Tepig but not too sure if i should continue or not.

If any other changes to be made please note which pokemon to be taken and for which pokemon instead. I do prefer not use pokemon which same primary and secondary typing within my team. example 1 psychic/normal pokemon (Espeon) and then replace aggron with a gothita or evo

Extras: No egg moves/Limited to pre E4 moves for ingame team/No HP I simply wont bother unless ingame woman says its optimal for the pokemon. Cant trade as of yet cause I've not set internet on 3DS. Please help with natures/moves please!!!!!

Team 1: Tepig starter

Emboar
Naughty (already got a naughty natured)

Assurance
Heat Crash
Wild Charge
cant remember what to use here

Levanny
Jolly (already caught a jolly one and it took a while)

Leaf Blade
Xscissor
Swords Dance
Poison Jab

Jellicent - never used
Calm/Bold

Surf/Scald
Ice Beam
Hex
Will-O-Wisp

Alteria - not used since gen 3 (ruby/emerald)

Aggron - never used

Espeon
Modest

Calm Mind
Psychic
Shadow Ball
Signal Beam

Team 2: Oshawott starter

Samurott - cant remember how i used it, properly badly

Arcanine - not used it

Levanny
Jolly/Adamant

Leaf Blade
Xscissor
Swords Dance
Poison Jab

Flygon - not used since emerald
Adament

Scrafty - dont think ive used it
Adamant

Espeon
Modest

Calm Mind
Psychic
Shadow Ball
Signal Beam

Seatiger

Samurott- Adamant/Jolly
torrent
-Ruturn
-Waterfall
-Megahorn
-Swords dance

Arcanine-Adamant
Intimidate
- Wild Charge
- Flare Blitz
- Close Combat
- Extremespeed

Leavanny- Adamant
Chlorophyll / Swarm / Overcoat
- Swords Dance
- Leaf Blade
- X-Scissor
- Return

Flygon-Timid
Levitate
- Dragon Pulse
- Earth Power
- Fire Blast
- Giga Drain

Scrafty-Adamant
Shed Skin / Intimidate
- Crunch
- Bulk Up
- Hi Jump Kick
- Rock Slide

Espeon-Timid
Synchronise
- Psychic
- Signal Beam
- Shadow Ball
- Calm Mind

Dragon trainer

Arise from the Ashes
and for Emboar team please.

Seatiger

Emboar-Blaze
Adamant>Naughty
- Flare Blitz
- Hammer Arm
- Wild Charge
- Rock Slide

Leavanny- jolly
Chlorophyll / Swarm / Overcoat
- Swords Dance
- Leaf Blade
- X-Scissor
- Return

Jellicent-Water Absorb
Modest
-Surf
-Ice beam
-Shadow ball
-Psychic

Espeon-Timid
Synchronise
- Psychic
- Signal Beam
- Shadow Ball
- Calm Mind

Aggron-Adamant
rock head
-Stone Edge
-Earthquake
-Double Edge
-Autotomize

Altaria-Natural Cure
Modest
- Dragon Pulse
- Ice Beam
- Flamethrower
- Roost

might not be 100% best setup

Dragon trainer

Arise from the Ashes
Ok what changes could be made for emboar team to make a more stable team. Already got naughty natured pignite now.

KillerDraco

You're supposed to only post one team per thread, actually. It's in da rulez.

Also disagree about certain points of Seatiger's rate.

Flygon's Special Attack is pretty underwhelming, so it makes a better physical attacker. Dragon Claw and Earthquake for STAB is pretty obvious. Fire Punch hits ice types and steel types who're immune to Earthquake (Skarmory, Bronzong, etc.). Last slot is mainly filler, since Dragon/ground/fire have decent coverage together.

Flygon
Adamant Nature
Levitate
-Dragon Claw
-Earthquake
-Fire Punch
-U-Turn/Fly/Rock Slide/whatever

If at all possible, getting an Espeon with Magic Bounce is preferable to Synchronize. Magic Bounce is pretty much hax, and can prevent certain status effects outright (unlike Synchronize which'll just "share" it), and with the AI's single-mindedness it's easy to exploit Magic Bounce.

Scrafty also would benefit from replacing Rock Slide with Ice Punch. It deals with Flying types just as well, but also packs an extra punch against dragons and ground types, the latter of which tend to be physically bulky.

Macroboom

Beyond Infinity
To even out the Physical to Special ratio you could use this set for Samurott:

Samurott
Torrent
Modest/Timid
Moves:
·Surf
·Ice Beam
·Grass Knot
·HP Ground

You could also use a Mixed Arcanine with this set:

Arcanine
Intimidate
Moves:
·Flamethrower
·Wild Charge
·Dragon Pulse
·Extremespeed

Arcanine has usable Sp.Atk and it takes awhile to get Flare Blitz.

It is possible to get an Espeon with Magic Bounce. You get an Eevee (from Fennel) that gets it's evolutions Hidden Ability when you evolve it. You get it in the Post Game though.

Last edited:

Dragon trainer

Arise from the Ashes
Going to go with Emboar team so if there are any changes to be made can people help me. Have now edited first post to represent my preference. I'll properly trade over and have a shot with samurott after beating E4 afterwards.

Dragon trainer

Arise from the Ashes
Apologises Firstly; I cant edit the first post my computer wont let me so I cant delete the thread I have a problem on computer. Secondly I will properly be restarting as I'm not enjoying using a Tepig, so will be using second team. Could someone direct a mod to delete this thread for me as I cant do it. Thirdly I will be putting up a thread of the Samurott team with changes added from posts made from this thread. Thank you and again apologises.