• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

please help with some teams for leafgreen/firered

foxyman1167

From Zero To Hero
please rate my FR/LG RockGround monotype team
Golem @ Rock Head
Adamant @ Leftovers
~Rock Slide
~EQ
~Substitute
~Focus Punch

Aerodactyl @ Rock Head
Adamant @ Leftovers
~Ancientpower
~Earthquake
~Aerial Ace
~Double Edge

Sandslash @ Sand Veil
Adamant @ Leftovers
~Rock Slide
~Earthquake
~Slash
~Swords Dance

Marowak @ Thick Club
Adamant @ Rock Head
~Bonemerang
~Rock Slide
~Brick Break
~Aerial Ace

Kabutops @ Shell Armor
Brave @ Leftovers
~Ancientpower
~Earthquake
~Surf
~Mega Drain

Dugtrio @ Arena Trap
Adamant @ Leftovers
~Rock Slide
~Earthquake
~Sludge Bomb/Slash
~Aerial Ace

this is for In-Game and is a Rough draft.

Last edited:
Use Ancientpower on Aerodactyl instead of Rock Slide, so you can use the move tutor on something else. Also, use Wing Attack instead of Aerial Ace so you can use the TM on something else, most likely Dugtrio.

Don't waste the Rock Slide move tutor on Sandslash. Earthquake+Slash gets good enough type coverage.

Don't bother with Brick Break on Marowak.

azeem40

Pokemon is fun!
please rate my FR/LG RockGround monotype team
Golem @ Rock Head
Adamant @ Leftovers
~Rock Slide
~EQ
~Substitute
~Focus Punch

Aerodactyl @ Rock Head
Adamant @ Leftovers
~Rock Slide
~Earthquake
~Aerial Ace
~Double Edge

Sandslash @ Sand Veil
Adamant @ Leftovers
~Rock Slide
~Earthquake
~Slash
~Swords Dance

Marowak @ Rock Head
Adamant @ Thick Club
~Bonemerang
~Rock Slide
~Brick Break
~Aerial Ace

Kabutops @ Shell Armor
Brave @ Leftovers
~Rock Slide
~Earthquake
~Protect
~Swords Dance
Don't use Special Attacks on Kabutops. His SpA is 65.

Dugtrio @ Arena Trap
Adamant @ Leftovers
~Rock Slide
~Earthquake
~Sludge Bomb
~Aerial Ace

this is for In-Game and is a Rough draft.

Changes in bold above.
You have too many Physical pokemon. Add some Walls, Tanks, and Special Sweepers. Plus, that planned team is 5/6 Water weak, 5/6 Grass weak, and 2/3 Fighting weak.

You have too many Physical pokemon. Add some Walls, Tanks, and Special Sweepers. Plus, that planned team is 5/6 Water weak, 5/6 Grass weak, and 2/3 Fighting weak.

This is true. Your options with a better Sp.Attack stat would include Nidoking/queen and Omastar.

foxyman1167

From Zero To Hero
Changes in bold above.

Yeah i know this team has a big weakness to Water, Grass, and Fighting,but in the original post, that it was a RockGround monotype team, so obviously im gonna run into a big type disadvantage.

foxyman1167

From Zero To Hero
So for a Speed Run in Leafgreen, I made up this set for my Dragonite I plan to train
Dragonite @ Shell Bell
??? @ Inner Focus
~Dragon Claw/Outrage
~Flamethrower
~Earthquake
~Ice Beam/Thunderbolt/Aerial Ace

I heard from someone that Dragon+Fire combo is resisted by few pokemon, plus DC gets STAB, unless I switch it for Outrage. Also for the nature I was thinking Quiet? I have EQ there because it covers Rock, a weakness, plus it also beats Electric, which I think is also a weakness, and I'm unsure about the last one, but please don't give me Dragon Dance, because I'll use it once and then I'll forget it for something else.

Last edited:
The Dragon + Fire combo isn't formally resisted by any pokemon in this generation. The only thing in your way are pokemon with strong special defense, which is what the physical moves are for. Wing Attack will get good coverage along with either Earthquake or Brick Break.

Don't waste the Aerial Ace TM. Save it for a time when you can clone it, or you have a pokemon that needs it more.

I don't see how Dragonite is a good pokemon to do a speed run with though. You can't get Dratini until the Safari Zone, and even there it takes forever to obtain. And once you do get it, it'll take forever to reach its final evolution (Lv55). If you want to do a real speedrun, just use Charizard or Blastoise.

foxyman1167

From Zero To Hero
So how about
;149; "Commander" @ Inner Focus
Quiet @ Shell Bell
252 Att/252 SpA/6 Spd (thats what I ev trained it in)
~Dragon Claw
~Flamethrower
~Earthquake
~Aerial Ace

Yeah I have Emerald so I will clone all the nessecary TM's

foxyman1167

From Zero To Hero
Sorry if I am bumping or not, but I think it is a better idea to reuse a team help thread I started then waste space by starting a new one......
Honestly I cannot choose at all what POKéMON to use in the Battle Frontier, and I would really like some help/suggestions for what I am missing, what to aim for, and what to watch out for....... So far all I have decided on is one member, and I am having difficulty settling for other members, so please help.

Starmie @ Modest
Natural Cure @ Shell Bell
252 Sp Att/252 Spd/6 Sp Def
~Surf
~Ice Beam
~Psychic
~Thunderbolt

This guy is staying cause I love him, plus he has perfect IV's in Special Attack and Speed, and is currently trained up to level 90.

I need a physical sweeper, and I was thinkin about Snorlax/Rhydon/Heracross/Machamp/Blaziken, but I don't want a 4x weakness, so Heracross and Rhydon are out....... Snorlax is my favorite from that group, but I am having trouble deciding on a moveset. Here are some that I have come up with......

Snorlax @ Leftovers
Impish @ Immunity
240 HP/252 Def/18 Att
~Rock Slide/Shadow Ball
~Earthquake
~Body Slam
~Curse

Snorlax @ Leftovers
Adamant @ Immunity
252 Def/252 Att/6 HP
~Rock Slide/Shadow Ball
~Earthquake
~Body Slam
~Curse

It is obviously the same thing, but I don't know if I want an Attack Snorlax or a Tank, even though I am leaning towards the tank cause then I get the Attack boost from Curse, but I also get the Defense boost, even though his Defense is lower, so I need that.........

I have simply put, no idea what to use as a third member, cause I think I have most covered, so please help

Last edited:
Snorlax @ Leftovers
Impish @ Immunity
240 HP/252 Def/18 Att
~Rock Slide/Shadow Ball
~Earthquake
~Body Slam
~Curse

Go with a careful or sassy nature imo. Curselax doesn't need that much defense, you could put some, or even most of those def EVs into special defense. Some of you HP EVs can also be put into sdef.

Thick Fat is better than Immunity.

Rest > Rock Slide/Shadow Ball.

foxyman1167

From Zero To Hero
well the reason i wanted so much in HP and Defense was that I wanted a Snorlax with the ability to wall from both sides of the spectrum, so imma stick with that set, and curse is there for the defense and attack, which i want for attack......... the HP is 240 because then the leftovers hes gonna hold will be an even 32 and then i can put more in attack.... becuase of the leftovers im gonna not use rest either, cause he isnt holding chesto berry lum berry or whatever berry heals sleep...... i also wanted immunity cause poison is a bitvh when it takes away leftovers so yeah..... i might clone snorlax though, on eith rest and one with curse, andsee which is better for me......

here is a set for my final member i have decided on, and i would like some help with the movestt

blaziken @ quick claw/kings rock/lum berry
blaze @ rash
252 att/25 sp att/6 spd
~flamethrower
~sky uppercut
~rock slide/t-punch/body slam

rock slide gets a little bit more power because of his higher atack, but rash might have his pp attack higher, in which case t-punch is better, but may not get better coverage......
body slam cause it may paralyae, but then so might t-punch, so maybe rock slide and t-punch?

well the reason i wanted so much in HP and Defense was that I wanted a Snorlax with the ability to wall from both sides of the spectrum, so imma stick with that set, and curse is there for the defense and attack, which i want for attack

As long as you have Curse, Snorlax will still be able to take physical hits without max defense, as long as you don't switch directly into them, which you shouldn't do anyway since Snorlax is a special wall.

the HP is 240 because then the leftovers hes gonna hold will be an even 32 and then i can put more in attack

You can put even more into attack if you just reduce the number of HP EVs.

becuase of the leftovers im gonna not use rest either, cause he isnt holding chesto berry lum berry or whatever berry heals sleep

Leftovers is not a sufficient substitute for Rest. Snorlax is more than durable enough to take hits while resting, and that's pretty much its purpose; to Curse up and then Rest off the damage sustained while cursing.
Rock Slide and Shadow Ball are useless. Why would Snorlax need a rock/ghost type move?

i also wanted immunity cause poison is a bitvh when it takes away leftovers so yeah

If you had Rest, poison wouldn't be a problem. And it's not like Toxic is extremely common in the Battle Frontier, at least not any more common than fire and ice type moves.

foxyman1167

From Zero To Hero
Well since i just hatched this, its IV's being 23-27 HP and 31 Defense im gonna use it

Snorlax @ Impish
Thick Fat @ Leftovers
232 HP/252 Def/26 Att
~Shadow Ball
~Earthquake
~Body Slam
~Curse/Rest

I am going to clone it, so I will try this set with Rest, and with Curse, and compare.........

also when I figure out the exact HP IV, I'll add the EV's to that set.

Any ideas on this Blaziken set?
blaziken @ quick claw/kings rock/lum berry
blaze @ rash
252 att/25 sp att/6 spd
~flamethrower
~sky uppercut

rock slide gets a little bit more power because of his higher atack, but rash might have his pp attack higher, in which case t-punch is better, but may not get better coverage......
body slam cause it may paralyae, but then so might t-punch, so maybe rock slide and t-punch?

Last edited:

foxyman1167

From Zero To Hero
Why not use both Curse and Rest on the same set?

I am thinking about that, but I need to first see how it will work out in the BF. Can you please help me with my Blaziken......

Blaziken @ Quick Claw
Blaze @ Rash
252 att/25 sp att/6 spd
~Flamethrower
~Sky Uppercut
~Rock Slide/Thunderpunch/Body Slam
~Rock Slide/Thunderpunch/Body Slam

Rock Slide gets a little bit more power because of his higher ATT, but Rash might have his SP ATT higher, in which case T-Punch is better, but may not get better coverage......
Body Slam cause it may paralyaze, but then so might Thunderpunch, so maybe Rock Slide and Thunderpunch?

And the EV's for Snorlax are:
232 HP/252 Def/26 Att

With his HP IV being 24, and putting a total of 58 EV points into HP, his total HP will be 512, and 512/16 is an even 32.

I rare canded this Snorlax up to 100, and his stats were:
HP 454
Att 228
Def 182
Sp Att 129
Sp Def 229
Spd 66

HP 454 + 58 EV = 517 HP stat at level 100 right?
there are already the 24 IV for HP in there so, yeah that should be right?
Another 7 and his HP would be the max, and the 7 is the rest of his HP IV of 24

Yes, go with Rock Slide and Thunder Punch. It should be able to get good type coverage from both ends of the spectrum (physical and special). It doesn't matter if only one attacking stat is being raised, it doesn't make the other one useless. Mixed attackers should use defense or speed lowering natures so that neither offensive stat is hindered.

For the Snorlax, I wouldn't make a big deal about it, but if you really want it to be divisible by 4, go ahead and do it, just make sure you're keeping an accurate record of its EVs so you don't screw up.

M4zz

Banned
Maybe snorlax should be given leftovers or something like that. It would p*** your foes off with high defences and restoring HP each turn. Works for me. I even have an admant snorlax and pown brains with it
My snorlax got me 2 symbols- luck and Tuckers symbol. Dont remember what its called

foxyman1167

From Zero To Hero
Maybe snorlax should be given leftovers or something like that. It would p*** your foes off with high defences and restoring HP each turn. Works for me. I even have an admant snorlax and pown brains with it
My snorlax got me 2 symbols- luck and Tuckers symbol. Dont remember what its called

Snorlax is already holding Leftovers.......... and thanks for the info.

Here is a new set I made, even though all I did was change the EV spread to work better with the new IV's I got on a Snorlax
24/29/31/16/19/6

Snorlax @ Relaxed
Leftovers @ Thick Fat
128 HP/128 Att/252 Def
~Shadow Ball
~Earthquake
~Body Slam
~Curse/Rest

Like I said earlier, I will clone for two of them, one with Curse and one with Rest. If I run into a Skarmory, will Shadow Ball do good damage, because Blaziken has two attacks Skarmory is weak to, specifically a Special Fire-Type, but is weak to Skarmory. I know Skarmory has a big base Defense stat, but Ghost isn't resisted by Steel, right?

Skarmory will take resisted damage from Shadow Ball, so you're best off either switching to Blaziken or using Body Slam. The only reason to use Shadow Ball would be to hit Shedinja and levitating Ghost-types, but those are not as common as enemies that should be handled with Earthquake, such as Rock and Steel-types. Try Curse and Rest on the same set.