• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Please Rate My Battle Subway Team

Sevans

Battle Subway Boss
Any Criticism or suggestions welcome!

;243; Raikou @ Focus Sash (or sometimes life orb)
Rash/Pressure
4HP, 252SpA, 252Spe
-Thunderbolt
-Aura Sphere
-Shadow Ball
-Protect

;149; Dragonite @ Leftovers
Adamant/Multiscale
204HP (for leftover recovery of 12), 112ATK, 192Spe (outspeeds positive base 115s after a DD)
-DD
-EQ (sometimes I use substitute)/Waterfall
-Dragon Claw
-Roost

;212; Scizor @ Lum Berry
Adamant/Technician
252HP, 252ATK, 4Spe
-SD
-Acrobatics (will get an 82 (55*1.5 from technician) or 110 BP attack)
-X-Scissor (I don't feel like going back to generation 4 just for an extra 10 base power and a slight chance of a berry in bug bite)
-Bullet Punch

Thanks for any help!
I don't think I need too much advice, but if anyone sees anything I could do to make this team better please let me know.

-Originally took this Dragonite and Scizor to battle 75, along with a Chandelure. I lost battle 75.-

Last edited:

Sevans

Battle Subway Boss
Bumping because it's been like 9 days

peacemaker987

Custom User Title
You can easily make up your lost special defense from event Raikou with Calm Mind; you may also want to use Substitute for a more general defense.

I like your Dragonite spread. Waterfall can be used in the second slot for perfect neutral coverage with an added bonus of flinchax. Unlike the infamous DracoQuake or DracoFire combinations, the exception is far less frightening... Empoleon. But if you fear this frail penguin's Ice Beam, Brick Break is a good alt.

Sevans

Battle Subway Boss
I tried calm mind on Raikou at one point, and I didn't like it that much. He only got to set up rarely. I think I'll keep protect, as it has uses that include scouting and stalling out some conditions (like trick room, weather from a move, and flame orb/toxic orb pokémon.

Wow. Thanks very much for the waterfall suggestion. I never thought about that, and now at the very least I am going to go try it out. That move slot has been switched between Brick Break, Fire Punch, EQ, Thunder Punch, and Substitute, but I never thought about Waterfall. Thanks!

Sevans

Battle Subway Boss
Bumping after 9 days again

stop bumping if noone comments then thats a good thing cause your team doesnt need help so be glad geez..

noob21

3 sum!!!
If it was me I would rather back the berry that reduces fire attacks then lum berry on scizors. Why protect on rakiou? To scout? I also would put life orb on dragonite and leftovers on rakiou

Dragontamer1011

Any Criticism or suggestions welcome!

;243; Raikou @ Life Orb/Focus Sash
Rash/Pressure
4HP, 252SpA, 252Spe
-Thunderbolt
-Aura Sphere
-Shadow Ball/ Extrasensory
-Protect/ Calm Mind

Pretty good as is, you could possibly run a Calm Mind set, but I don't think you'd get a chance to set up that much.

;149; Dragonite @ Leftovers
Adamant/Multiscale
204HP (for leftover recovery of 12), 112ATK, 192Spe (outspeeds positive base 115s after a DD)
-DD
-EQ
-Dragon Claw/ Outrage
-Roost

This is the set I use in the BS except mine has Outrage with a Lum and is my lead. You put alot more effort into your EVs, though, I should probably do that, lol. Looks pretty darn good, Outrage is always a powerful option if you need it.

;212; Scizor @ Lum Berry
Jolly/Technician
4 HP, 252ATK, 252 Spe
-SD
-Aerial Ace
-X-Scissor
-Bullet Punch

Such a great pokemon, theres a reason hes so overused. I really don't understand why you would use Acrobatics over Aerial Ace, after all, what the chances that the Lum will get used and be able to take advantage of Acrobatics? Aerial Ace also helps with pokemon who abuse Double Team (Haven't seen those much). Also, Scizor really could use some speed there, hes got pretty good bulk already, so he should be able to get off a SD and take a hit or two.

Thanks for any help!
I don't think I need too much advice, but if anyone sees anything I could do to make this team better please let me know.

-Originally took this Dragonite and Scizor to battle 75, along with a Chandelure. I lost battle 75.-

Already looks good, don't really even think you needed my help :p. Good luck on the subway!

Last edited:

Sevans

Battle Subway Boss
If it was me I would rather back the berry that reduces fire attacks (Occa berry)then lum berry on scizors. Why protect on rakiou? To scout? I also would put life orb on dragonite and leftovers on rakiou

See, I can usually predict fire attacks, and I will never leave Scizor in on them. so I don't use Occa. I only lost once because of Scizor's weakness, otherwise I switch out.

Protect on Raikou is completely a filler. It has been the most useful filler imo of his limited movepool, as it lets him scout and can be useful. I may give him an Air Balloon, as he commonly dies to EQ, and isn't OHKOd by much outside of ground attack or a strong STAB.

LO on Dragonite = DEFINITELY NOT! He has Multiscale; 50% less damage at full HP. LO destroys that. Leftovers with given EVs let him heal 12 HP per turn, pretty good at lv50. The whole point of lefties is to try and get him back to full HP without having to roost.

@Dragontamer1011
@Dragonite+Outrage - I have considered it, but this D-Nite likes to use set up moves whenever possible.

@Scizor + speed isn't as useful IMO. Because of its base 65(I think) speed, it won't be out-speeding much, even with max EVs. 252HP is what lets it not be OHKOd by anything but a fire attack (or, I must mention in the BS, a Critical hit), as many times I found it live with a very low amount of HP left, HP it wouldn't have without 252EVs.

@Scizor + Arial Ace - I have considered it. It's probably actually a better option. I just like the idea of being able to punish pokes who kill my lum. It's also more fun to use a gen v attack to me. But here's the real reason; pokes that remove my technician (I have encountered these more than 10 times overall) usually have status moves other than that. I think that Acrobatics is good for hitting them with a 110BP move when X-Scizzor isn't good. (The first pokémon that come to mind here are Mummy Cofagrigus and Gasto Acid Shuckle.) In addition, both the moves are similar power, as Acrobatics gets the tech boost until lum berry is gone.

Thanks for your input though, and good luck to you to!

Twilightphoenix

Elite Trainer
Looks like a great team, the set on dragonite is not one i would use but if its working for you then go with it.

Dragontamer1011

I actually used a 4 Hp/ 252 atk/ 252 spe EVed Scizor and he did pretty well.. Isn't Dragonite there to counter his weakness? I never really ran across many pokemon my Scizor had to fear, even with that spread, but you are right, hes slow as molasses.

noob21

3 sum!!!
See, I can usually predict fire attacks, and I will never leave Scizor in on them. so I don't use Occa. I only lost once because of Scizor's weakness, otherwise I switch out.

Protect on Raikou is completely a filler. It has been the most useful filler imo of his limited movepool, as it lets him scout and can be useful. I may give him an Air Balloon, as he commonly dies to EQ, and isn't OHKOd by much outside of ground attack or a strong STAB.

LO on Dragonite = DEFINITELY NOT! He has Multiscale; 50% less damage at full HP. LO destroys that. Leftovers with given EVs let him heal 12 HP per turn, pretty good at lv50. The whole point of lefties is to try and get him back to full HP without having to roost.

@Dragontamer1011
@Dragonite+Outrage - I have considered it, but this D-Nite likes to use set up moves whenever possible.

@Scizor + speed isn't as useful IMO. Because of its base 65(I think) speed, it won't be out-speeding much, even with max EVs. 252HP is what lets it not be OHKOd by anything but a fire attack (or, I must mention in the BS, a Critical hit), as many times I found it live with a very low amount of HP left, HP it wouldn't have without 252EVs.

@Scizor + Arial Ace - I have considered it. It's probably actually a better option. I just like the idea of being able to punish pokes who kill my lum. It's also more fun to use a gen v attack to me. But here's the real reason; pokes that remove my technician (I have encountered these more than 10 times overall) usually have status moves other than that. I think that Acrobatics is good for hitting them with a 110BP move when X-Scizzor isn't good. (The first pokémon that come to mind here are Mummy Cofagrigus and Gasto Acid Shuckle.) In addition, both the moves are similar power, as Acrobatics gets the tech boost until lum berry is gone.

Thanks for your input though, and good luck to you to!

I forgot about that on dragonite I apologize (how noobish of me lol) Yes this sounds great to me I think you will go pretty far with this team so it makes since now.