• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Please rate my battle tower team. I'm planning to break the dreaded 100.

Rosez66

Ace trainer
This team is for the battle tower.

My lead.
;450;
Hippowdon Held item: sitirus berry
252 HP, 152 Def , 104 Sp.Def
Impish, Sand Stream
Earthquake
Stealth rock
Slack off
Roar

This is my lead. The plan is somewhat simple, fire of a stealth rock and then keep on using roar. And when needed fire of slack off to heal meself and earthquake if I can KO a pokemon.

My tank.
;227;
Skarmory. Held item: lum berry
252 HP, 4 Def, 252 Sp.Def
Careful, Keen Eye
Whirlwind
Spikes
Roost
Drill peck

Standered skarmory fire of spikes the phase pokemon out and drill peck if I'm taunted or if it is appropriate.

My damaging titian.
;248;
Tyranitar @ Leftovers
Ability: Sand Stream
Careful (+SpD, -SpA)
252 HP / 40 Def / 216 SpD
Curse
Avalanche
Rock slide
Payback

This may same very odd. But I was playing the battle factory with this machine and after one or two curse's it just smashed things to pieces no questions asked. Along with this set I don't need to run a physical sweeper which makes it a whole lot bulckier.

I also have another tyranitar which is shiny and calm nature. I am currently ev training it to make it bulky and a powerful special attacker. I will have the following moveset.
Earth power
Ice beam
Flamethrower
Dark pulse.
I have done a bit of research and this hits all pokemon except for water and normal and fighting pokemon for super effective damage, although these types are hit for neutral STAB from dark pulse except for the fighting type in which cause i would just switch. Plus this is a legtitimate shiny tyranitar!!!!! I'm so happy about it. Lol rofl

Thanks for reading guys please let me know what you think and add possible problems and possible improvements.

Last edited:

Rosez66

Ace trainer
Ahh sory mate my bad. Thanks for moving it for me. Much appreciated. :)

CMHennigan

Team seems to be built well. Most people don't bother with spikes or SR in battle tower just because it's onle 3v3 instead of 6v6 but if you're going with the roar/whirlwind strategy, that might work. you'll have to set down both though, as flyers wont be hit with spikes. The only issue i see is a bulky water type who is faster than Ttar and Hippo could ruin your team. Skarm would have a chance, but with no hard hitting moves, and relying on Spikes/whirlwind damage, you will ALWAYS take a hit before the opposing pokemon gets switched. An infernape along with a bulky/hard hitting water could run over your team. I would recommend switching hippo for a different type. There are plenty that can fill the SR slot, as a ridiculous number can learn it. Pick one who doesn't share the water weakness. if you really want to go with SR, uxie might be a good option. not as much HP, but great defenses and though he can't roar, he can yawn which would be a great switch in for ttar or skarm. just a few ideas.

Rosez66

Ace trainer
Thanks for replying the idea of a Uxie sounds very interesting and if it sets up tyranitar them that is helpful. Although what is his special attack like without any investment because that could compliment ttar, along with this I could give it a thunderbolt to take down water types. Although I would be losing earthquake which could take down fire types. Again thanks but what do you think tyranitar I think it could be fantastic although that set isn't on smogon or here so I'm a bit unsure.

CMHennigan

Just because someone hasn't posted the same set as what you're planning on using, doesnt mean you have a bad moveset. It's about what works well with your team and what you need the pokemon to cover. Uxie will attract bug, psychic and ghost types, which TTar can handle without even a shrug, besides the occasional random special attack. Uxie isn't a huge attacker, he's more of a defensive wall, but if you invest a few EVs or go with a +SpAtk nature he can still be a decent attacker if need be. Uxie is really more of a set up for your other sweepers though. He can stall well, and if you use him as a trick lead, he can definitely set your team up with @trickScarf Trick, thunder wave, memento, and yawn. That's what i'm about to do actually. Using uxie as a lead, start with trick to lock the opponent into a single move.
If it's a stat move, instantly switch to a sweeper and start to use your stat up move to prepare a sweep. Substitute is also nice here as it helps against critical hits and prevents the opponent's stat decreasing or status moves from bothering you.
If it's a status move, then go ahead and Thunder wave, so your next pokemon can move first and set up a sub so as to not get hit with the status, then prepare a sweep.
If they use an attack first, it will most likely be ghost, dark, or bug against Uxie, so switch to whichever pokemon can best take the hit, or if they lead with a special attack or something which is too strong for your sweepers to set up against, squeeze off a t-wave if possible, then memento to decrease their stats. if it's a weak attack, then T-wave, yawn, then switch to your sweeper on the turn the enemy falls asleep, giving you extra turns to set up.
However if you decide against a trick lead, Uxie is still useful with yawn, memento, thunderwave, and flash or an attack move. Pretty much explains itself. T-wave, lower accuracy, then memento or yawn depending on Uxie's HP. i prefer to yawn then switch if possible that way i can bring uxie in a sacrifice to switch if one of my sweepers goes down, and he can still use memento to make it easier on your last poke. I know this was a lot to read lol, but i was full of advice and bored at work.

Rosez66

Ace trainer
Thank you for that information it will definitely come in handy however I haven't got a Uxie with a +sp.attack nature however I have just restarted platinum and I will aim to rematch one with an increase in special attack and decrease in attack, modest I think it is. That moveset however seems reliable but just two questions about it, does yawn work even though the target is paralysed? And are there any taunt users in the battle tower? And if decide to fully replace hippowdon with Uxie should I teach my skarmory stealth rock and breed a new one just for defence purposes?

CMHennigan

you know,that's a good question. ihadn't even thought of the yawn/paralyze issue *facepalm* well i guess it's preference then, i would probably go paralyze over yawn since it doesn't fade, slows them down, and givesa 25% chance of being fully paralyzed. and i've never seen anything taunt in the tower, but i'm not completely sure. you dont necessarily need a +sp atk nature for uxie, it was just an idea. you could always go with a + defor sp def nature, and then devote some EVs into sp atk instead of whatever stat your nature boosts. you'll actually have better total stats that was as natures give 1.1X growth to one stat and 0.9X growth to another, and with uxie's base 130 def/spdef and base 75 sp atk you'll end up with an extra points by going with a def/spdef boosting nature, and then just dropping some EVs into SP atk if you really want to go that route. Most people go strictly defensive, and with leftovers, and by playing smart, uxie can last a while against most pokemon. are you thinking of using uxie as a trick lead or just a normal lead? And honestly i wouldnt bother too much with Stealth Rock in the BT, you'll get more use out of an attack than SR,BUT if you really want to, uxie can also learn stealth rock, which you could use to replace yawn.

Last edited:

Rosez66

Ace trainer
I made it past the first two rounds (14 battles) without any worries and I going to go against palmar tomorrow and see how that goes however I'm not using Uxie which is an adamant nature yet as I haven't ev trained it but when I do I will max out both defences. So fingers crossed if I do beat him then I will just see how far those three can go.

CMHennigan

KK. which pokes are you using now? because the spikes/roar strategy is unusual for the BT as you have to eat an attack every turn, and only get minimal damage unless they're weak to SR or you have toxic spikes out as well. GL

Rosez66

Ace trainer
I using the set which I have posted just to see how far I can get. If I seem to be in trouble I will start to use Uxie as trick lead, seems like a perfectly fine strategy. And useful for setting up. And the spikes and roar tactic is working well the only pokes which has given me trouble is mr. Mime and also pokemon like solrock although that's when I bring in tyranitar to clean up with either payback or avalanche.