• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Please rate my beginner's comp team

Gazzarix

Greetings all! Here is my team i have made up for competitive battling in singles, doubles and triples free battle formats. Any feedback is appreciated

Charizard-Mega-X (M) Holding: Charizardite X
Ability: Blaze
Level: 50
IVs: 31 Atk/ 31 Def/ 31 SpA/ 31 SpD/ 31 Spe
EVs: 252 Atk / 6 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature (+Atk ,-SpA)
- Belly Drum
- Roost
- Flame Charge
- Dragon Claw

Primary Attack sweeper. I mega evolve based on type requirements at the time and when in Doubles and Triples, dependant on what moves need to be used - Eg Torterra's earthquake need to be used, so i won't mega evolve.

Dragonite (M) Holding: BrightPowder
Ability: Multiscale
IVs: 31 HP/ 31 Atk/ 31 SpA/ 31 Spe
EVs: 6 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Rash Nature (+SpA, -SpD)
- Tailwind
- Dragon Pulse
- Thunderbolt
- Roost

I use Dragonite for Tailwind setup and type coverage. especially against water types that may give my other pokemon problems, especially dual type flying types.Great for neutral type damage and blocking a lot of types that aren't too effective on dragons. Multiscale helps tank just a little bit extra to set up tailwind or roost, when against type disadvantages.

Greninja (M) Holding: Quick Claw
Ability: Protean
IVs: 31 HP/ 31 SpA/ 31 SpD/ 31 Spe
EVs: 6 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature(+SpA, -Atk)
- Protect
- Scald
- Ice Beam
- Taunt

Greninja is great for lead/ team lead next to Klefki due to its speedy taunt and can get the jump on faster pokemon with the quick claw. great coverage when coming up against ice weak types. great for team battles with torterra when earthquake is required, and to block any status while setup are happening on my team. I have considered Aerial Ace instead of protect due to protean protection against friendly fire earthquake but, after a particular battle where i was taunt/protect with Torterra, it has given me pause to reconsider.

Torterra (F) Holding: Leftovers
Ability: Shell Armor
IVs: 31 Atk/ 31 Def/ 31 SpD/ 31 Spe
EVs: 170 HP / 170 Def / 170 SpD
Impish Nature (+De
- Synthesis
- Leech Seed
- Stockpile
- Earthquake

Torterra is my Defensive tank. in singles, the recovery at the end of the 3 stockpiles with leech seed on opponent and leftovers, means that only a major 1 or 2 hit KO can really wipe it out. can be fairly ineffective on flying types due to earthquake (STAB). did think of rock slide for accuracy and coverage, but it didn't have the power required to help on the team. Have also considered Mega Slowbro for this spot, but at this moment in time Torterra has been doing better than expected. great for doubles and triples when combined with Char and Dragonite for earthquake usage, and great with klefki and gren for setups, and attacking.

Klefki (M) Holding: Light Clay
Ability: Prankster
IVs: 31 Atk/ 31 Def/ 31 SpD
EVs: 252 Atk / 6 HP / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature (+Spe, -SpA)
- Light Screen
- Reflect
- Thunder Wave
- Foul Play

Klefki is my main Lead. set up of screens and thunder waves any major threats. Foul play is great for the op attack sweepers (like Mega Rayquaza - i have 1 hit KO one). not too good for when Torterra is ready to attack, but is also a great support for when Greninja is attacking and needs some speed lowing and def support.

Houndoom-Mega (M) Holding: Houndoominite
Ability: Flash Fire
IVs: 31 SpA/ 31 SpD/ 31 Spe
EVs: 6 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature(+SpA, -Atk)
- Nasty Plot
- Flamethrower
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Protect

Mega Houndoom is my special sweeper, and as like Mega charizard X, i usually Mega evolve when conditions are best for sweeping or cancelling threats. Protect is good for when Torterra is on team and an earthquake is required, and any big hits that may come Houndoom's way.

I have uploaded 3 battles from free battles vs recorder, as follows:

EL7G-WWWW-WW4D-RLWS
M7QG-WWWW-WW4D-RKUN
TRFW-WWWW-WW4D-RKRZ

I chose these Pokemon because, I want to do the best I can, with the pokemon I enjoy using!!

Thanks
Gazzarix!

Ps: i have used 'Holding:' instead of the 'at' symbol due to current personal post restrictions.

EKZ1505

Ok your moves and especially your items need a little work (please don't ever use Quick Claw or Bright Powder competitively), but before I would even get into that, I'll just say that you need to decide which format this team is for. Singles is VERY different from doubles, and the movesets can vary depending on the format chosen. For example, in singles you may need to consider some way to prevent or get rid of hazards since both your megas (especially Charizard) are weak to Stealth Rocks, but in doubles most of your Pokemon should have Protect. In singles, however, only a few Pokemon typically have Protect (defensive walls holding Leftovers, Pokemon who need a turn to safely mega evolve for a speed boost, etc), and hazards are non-existent in doubles. You can of course build two teams so you have one for each format, but the advice I can give will be very different for both.

One more thing I'll add is that if you want to give yourself the best chance to win, you need perfect IVs on your Pokemon.

ChrisTheCorruptHero

Beyond Legendary
charizard looks like he could hold up pretty well. That belly drum combo is a little risky though...
Dragonite is gonna need that speed though so you may wanna change it to a modest nature since its not utilizing physical attacks
definitely wanna take the quick claw off of greninja dude, it's gonna out speed pretty much everything as is. It doesn't seem to utilize that protean a lot though...
you may wanna take torterra out all together and replace it with a venasaur or meganium since you appear to be going more for an HP leech
Klefki is ok where he is although I've never been a big fan of Klefki's
houndoom looks great but I would change its ability to early bird or unnerve and maybe change its protect to something more like dark pulse just for the sheer power of the STAB bonus
This is just my friendly advice my friend so you don't have to take it. But if you made these changes it looks pretty solid for single battles. It would never hold up in double battles though.