• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Please rate my Black 2 team! (Post-Elite Four)

fettuginny

Hi! I've been meaning to seek help about my in-game team for quite a while already. I'm done with the Elite Four and am currently working on conquering Black Tower.

Please note that HM moves have been kept for the sole purpose of not having to re-teach them to the 'mons. I'm willing to replace them, though, or just breed my current 'mons to get a better moveset.

Lucario @ Soul Dew
Inner Focus
Sassy
- Aura Sphere
- Dragon Pulse
- Dark Pulse
- Strength

Azumarill @ Mystic Water
Huge Power
Gentle
- Surf
- Waterfall
- Ice Punch
- Bulldoze

Magnezone @ Magnet/Metal Coat
Sturdy
Impish
- Thunderbolt
- Flash Cannon
- Volt Switch
- Magnet Rise

Emboar @ Leftovers
Blaze
Jolly
- Flare Blitz
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Arm Thrust (still trying to get Brick Break)

Leavanny @ Miracle Seed
Chlorophyll
Hardy
- Leaf Blade
- X-Scissor
- Shadow Claw
- Cut

Swoobat @ Scope Lens
Unaware
Sassy
- Psychic
- Fly
- Air Slash
- Calm Mind

I'm currently training a Whimsicott (Jolly/Prankster), Deerling (the one from the weather institute), an Archen (Rash), and a Yanma (Serious/Speed Boost). Would any of these be good replacements for the Pokemon above? Also, would this team or at least some members of it be okay to use for competitive battling? Just wondering. :)

Thank you!

edonub

Hi! I've been meaning to seek help about my in-game team for quite a while already. I'm done with the Elite Four and am currently working on conquering Black Tower.

Please note that HM moves have been kept for the sole purpose of not having to re-teach them to the 'mons. I'm willing to replace them, though, or just breed my current 'mons to get a better moveset.

Lucario @ Soul Dew
Inner Focus
Sassy
- Aura Sphere
- Dragon Pulse
- Dark Pulse
- Strength
Soul Dew works only on the Lati twins. Useless on anything else. Sassy is a pretty bad nature hindering your speed which is essential for an offensive poke like Lucario. If you want to go special, consider that Riolu can learn Nasty Plot if you don't evolve it too soon. Modest or Timid are nice natures, and since you're willing to breed, priority in Vacuum Wave is quite useful in the tower, especially considering Lucario isn't the fastest thing ever. To be honest though, I'd go with Adamant and a physical SD set because of the stronger moves and slightly better coverage options (Ice Punch if you don't like dragons, for example, works better than Dragon Pulse because it hits some for 4x damage and it also hits ground, flying and grass super effectively) but the choice is yours.

Azumarill @ Mystic Water
Huge Power
Gentle
- Surf
- Waterfall
- Ice Punch
- Bulldoze

Try getting Adamant, Gentle is not the best option. Try also breeding for Aqua Jet, it hits very hard thanks to huge power and it compensates for Azumarill's bad speed. Surf is pointless, so replace that if you need it. Superpower > Bulldoze in most cases.

Magnezone @ Magnet/Metal Coat
Sturdy
Impish
- Thunderbolt
- Flash Cannon
- Volt Switch
- Magnet Rise

Impish lowers your special attack so it's one of the worst natures you could get for a Magnezone. If you can't get a nice Hidden Power, Signal Beam gives *some* coverage, better than just Steel and Electric.

Emboar @ Leftovers
Blaze
Jolly
- Flare Blitz
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Arm Thrust (still trying to get Brick Break)
Pretty straightforward, though I'd use Wild Charge over EQ. Also, Flame Charge lets you outspeed most enemies with just one boost.

Leavanny @ Miracle Seed
Chlorophyll
Hardy
- Leaf Blade
- X-Scissor
- Shadow Claw
- Cut
Something like swords dance instead of Cut, not that Leavanny can learn much

Swoobat @ Scope Lens
Unaware
Sassy
- Psychic
- Fly
- Air Slash
- Calm Mind
if you really wanna use one, Simple is the best ability doubling Calm Mind's boosts... Also, Sassy lowers your speed and should be replaced.

I'm currently training a Whimsicott (Jolly/Prankster), Deerling (the one from the weather institute), an Archen (Rash), and a Yanma (Serious/Speed Boost). Would any of these be good replacements for the Pokemon above? Also, would this team or at least some members of it be okay to use for competitive battling? Just wondering. :)

Thank you!
Whimsicott is OK if you keep in mind it can only annoy stuff to death with prankster Sub, Leech Seed, Stun Spore, etc. and usually the only attacking move they carry is U-Turn, competitively. It's not the best thing ever ingame. Deerling can't really abuse Serene Grace, you're better off catching one in the wild with Sap Sipper or Chlorophyl. Archeops is ok as a glass cannon, Rash is not the worst nature, you can run a mixed set. Yanmega is pretty powerful, though it needs something like Hidden Power Ground to be used on competitive teams due to the lack of coverage.
the first half of your team is alright with proper EVs natures and movesets for a competitive team. Rest should be replaced with better options.
ingame it's pretty solid, swoobat is bad but still somewhat usable if you like it. Just get an HM slave, stuff like Fly on it or Surf on Azumarill are basically a wasted moveslot.