• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Please Rate My FireRed Team

Fire_Pokemon_Master_271

Not Giving a Crap
Here is my team:

Golduck (Golduck) Lv. 66
Moves:
Confusion
Surf
Hydro Pump
Rock Smash

Pidgeot (Pidgeot) Lv. 63
Moves:
Wing Attack
FeatherDance
Fly
Quick Attack

Sparky (Raichu) Lv. 69
Moves:
ThunderShock
Quick Attack
ThunderBolt
Strength

Charizard (Charizard) Lv. 68
Moves:
Wing Attack
Blast Burn
FlameThrower
Slash

Raticate (Raticate) Lv. 63
Moves:
Super Fang
Cut
Quick Attack
Hyper Fang

Butterfree (Butterfree) Lv. 63
Moves:
Psychic
Flash
Sleep Powder
Psybeam

Thanks for the help. ^.^

You should definitely teach Golduck Ice Beam. Replace anything, except Surf, of course. The TM (13) is purchased at the Game Corner for 80 grand worth of coins, which is 4000 coins.

I would also teach Brick Break to Charizard or Raichu, or both. The TM can be purchased infinitely at the Celadon Mart. Replace Thundershock on Raichu, and Slash on Charizard.

Fire_Pokemon_Master_271

Not Giving a Crap
Thanks for the tips, although I chose to keep ThunderShock on Sparky becuase I like to have two electric moves, just in case I lose PP on one of them. If you have any electric attacks I can replace ThunderShock with (besides Thunder) I'd be happy to hear them.

My Current Team (After Changes)

Golduck (Golduck) Lv. 66
Moves:
Ice Beam
Surf
Hydro Pump
Rock Smash

Pidgeot (Pidgeot) Lv. 63
Moves:
Wing Attack
FeatherDance
Fly
Quick Attack

Sparky (Raichu) Lv. 69
Moves:
ThunderShock
Quick Attack
ThunderBolt
Strength

Moves:
Wing Attack
Blast Burn
FlameThrower
Brick Break

Moves:
Super Fang
Cut
Quick Attack
Hyper Fang

Moves:
Psychic
Flash
Sleep Powder
Psybeam

I replaced Confusion with Ice Beam on Golduck and Slash with Brick Break on Charizard.

If anyone still has some advice I would be more than happy to hear it.

Oh, another thing I forgot is that Giga Drain would be a good move for Butterfree. Psybeam or Flash can go.

Fire_Pokemon_Master_271

Not Giving a Crap
Thanks again for the tip Yo Shee. I now replaced Flash with Giga Drain.

My Current Team (After Changes)

Golduck (Golduck) Lv. 66
Moves:
Ice Beam
Surf
Hydro Pump
Rock Smash

Pidgeot (Pidgeot) Lv. 63
Moves:
Wing Attack
FeatherDance
Fly
Quick Attack

Sparky (Raichu) Lv. 69
Moves:
ThunderShock
Quick Attack
ThunderBolt
Strength

Moves:
Wing Attack
Blast Burn
FlameThrower
Brick Break

Moves:
Super Fang
Cut
Quick Attack
Hyper Fang

Moves:
Psychic
Sleep Powder
Psybeam
Giga Drain

If there are any more ideas out there I would still be more than happy to hear them.

DJS12345678

Future Diamond Owner
My suggestion is to take away some of the silly moves. Why Psybeam and Psychic on the Bfree? And the Hydro/ Surf on the Golduck? And 4 normal moves on Raticate.

Id keep the more reliable ones on those (Psychic, Surf, Quick Attack) and get new ones.

Hope I helped.

The impression that the original poster gives is that he wants the extra support there for training so he doesn't have to use so many PP restoring items or run back to the pokemon center a million times.

In terms of certain moves like Quick Attack, these are also what are called filler moves. They rarely but may occasionally serve a purpose, and they're there because there's nothing else worth using up the moveslot for.

Fire_Pokemon_Master_271

Not Giving a Crap
Thank you Yo Shee, that is correct. Thanks for the advice though DJS12345678.

Any more thoughts, I'm still here.

dbcb

the only thing I can see is that golduck (water), charizard (flying), butterfree (flying), and pidgeot (flying) are all weak to a thunderbolt, which I believe some of the elite4 members and rival have the second time through.

none of them have a 4x weakness which means you will probably be able to take a hit. but your two remaining guys that are not weak to electric aren't exactly power houses (raichu and raticate) and a strong physical attack would mess them up.

may or may not be a problem in game.

Steelers_Fan

hiding in your mind
i usually find raticate useless, even in game.
go with snorlax?
rest
curse
body slam
EQ/ fire blast?

Fire_Pokemon_Master_271

Not Giving a Crap
OK I thank all for the ideas, and here are my replies:

@dbcb: First off Sparky is a powerhouse. He is the main power of my team. That is why he is at a higher level then the rest.

Second, you have a good point and I'll consider it, but that never seemed to be a problem before. Still, thanks for the thought.

@Steelers_Fan: I prefer Raticate to any other normal pokemon because of it Super and Hyper Fang moves. Hyper Fang does serious damage, and well Super Fang can't kill anything, if you have a pokemon with really high HP, like Snorlax, it well cut its HP to a quarter in just two hits. So, thanks for the thought, but I'm going to stick with Raticate.

@Anyone Else: I am still open to more suggestions on my team, if any more are out there.

dbcb

I meant power house meaning it can take a hit. not trying to belittle your raichu.

like i mentioned, may or may not have a problem with that in game, but I looked it up because I am bored as ****..

the second time through the E4...

agatha's misdreavus has thunderbolt

lance's strongest dragonite has thunderbolt

rival's tyranitar has thunderbolt

the dragonite *could* give you some problems depending on if the AI is smart and/or your goldduck can outrun it.

Fire_Pokemon_Master_271

Not Giving a Crap
My Sparky can take a million hits and still have the energy to take anyone down. (OK, so maybe not a million ^.^)

Thanks for the info, but I think I'll stick to my current line-up. It hasn't let me down before.

Anyone else got ideas?