• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Please rate my first team entered!

flameswy

Lord of Light
ive never done this before, so go easy ok?

XD

that said, heres the party...

Latias
Naive

hp-278
attack- 184
defense- 186
sp. attack- 246
sp. defense- 266
speed- 248

ability- levitate

hold item- left overs

Ice beam
thunder bolt
dragon pulse / calm mind?
psychic

pretty basic special tank happening here, not sure how effective it will be since im yet to use this one.

bolt beams good though, right?

XD

hydreigon
modest

hp-350
attack- 221
defense- 212
sp. attack- 383
sp. defense- 212
speed- 269

ability- leviate

hold item- choice scarf

dark pulse
dragon pulse
draco meteor
flamethrower

hoping this guy is both fast enough to out run garchomp, and hits hard enough to one hit ko tough targets....

i can see im going to have to switch him out a bit, thats where milotic comes in and to a lesser extent, arcticuno and gyrados.

Arcticuno
Gentle

hp-323
attack- 231
defense- 234
sp. attack- 251
sp. defense- 342
speed- 231

ability- pressure

hold item- shellbell/???

Roost
ice beam
u-turn
fly

just a basic reliable ice type.
nothing fancy here, its got roost and ice beam.

XD

Milotic
Bashfull

hp-345
attack-171
defense-195
sp. attack-236
sp. defense-274
speed-218

surf
toxic
ice beam
recover

my fave bulky water, can usually takeout one or two pkmn on its own...
toxic is a new addition in case hes up against another tank.

Gyrados
adament

hp-356
attack-342
defense- 212
sp. attack- 140
sp. defense- 211
speed-201

ability- intimidate

hold item- splash plate

aquatail
ice fang
earthquake
stone edge

GYRADOS FOR THE WIN
an awsome sweeper, i loves it so much.

:D

i would add dragon dance, but he uses all four of those often, and doesnt survive very many turns....

metagross
docile

hp-300
attack-340
defense- 280
sp. attack-225
sp. defense-259
speed-153

ability- clearbody

hold item-soft sand

meteor mash
zenheadbut
ice punch
earthquake

ahh, i have had this guy for ages. he is a great choice stopping tank, and a switch in.

with the soft sand, he can two hit ko most other metagross, making him a good metagross counter.
XP

so what do you guys think?
any helpful suggestions for moveset or item changes?

im open to GOOD advice.

^_^

Last edited:

littlea53

Prince of Darkness
Could help if yo included everything needed. do you know the IV's? how about EV's? What about HM's? And items you can do a bit better with. Splash plate? Really? I can tell your new to team building. But Alot of improvements need to be made

flameswy

Lord of Light
i was thinking life orb on gyrados, but im yet to obtain one.

i did in fact do ev's on these pokemon, but during summer breaks and such, so i cant remember any thing but the bare bones.

-_-

as for iv's im not sure how to calculate these.

do i just talk to that guy in the battle subway?

anyway, this is at lv.100 for them all, with maxed ev's so put that from your mind.

XD

yinandyang

Balance and Equity
Latias
Naive
ability- levitate
hold item- left overs

Ice beam/Substitute/Toxic/Thunder Wave
thunderbolt/Ice Beam
Reflect
Recover/Wish

For a wall, it doesn't have a whole lot to keep bulk. Reflect boost its lower Defense and overall helps the rest of the team. Recover keeps its HP high, but Wish can help the whole team. BoltBeam is good for coverage, or you could run more wall-style moves like Substitute or status moves.

hydreigon
modest
ability- leviate
hold item- choice scarf

dark pulse
dragon pulse/Earth Power/Focus Blast
draco meteor/Earth Power/Focus Blast
flamethrower

It doesn't look bad to me. I might suggest replacing Dragon Pulse or Draco Meteor for something like Earth Power or Focus Blast for coverage.

Arcticuno
Gentle
ability- pressure
hold item- Leftovers

Roost
ice beam
Mind Reader/Substitute
Sheer Cold/Toxic

While it's more acceptable in-game, Fly is still a bit frowned upon because of the delay. You could run Mind Reader/Sheer Cold for an insta-kill, or you could make it a defensive Arcticuno and use Substitute and Toxic or something like that. Leftovers might be a better item on it.

Milotic
Bashful
Leftovers

surf
toxic
ice beam
recover

This looks ok to me. Leftovers for an item suits it.

Gyrados
adamant
ability- intimidate
hold item- Life Orb/Choice Band

Waterfall
ice fang
earthquake
stone edge

Waterfall is generally used due to its higher accuracy and flinch chance. If you don't want Dragon Dance, then these four together are fine. Also, without Dragon Dance, either a Choice Band or Life Orb suits it better.

metagross
docile
ability- clear body
hold item- Life Orb/Choice Band/Choice Scarf

meteor mash/Bullet Punch
zen headbutt/Hammer Arm/Rock Slide
ice punch
earthquake

I generally like Bullet Punch better for the priority, but Meteor Mash is perfectly fine on as well. Zen Headbutt doesn't really help for coverage, as it only hits Poison and Fighting for Super Effective, neither of which really hurt you. Hammer Arm might help better, but it's mostly covered by Earthquake. Rock Slide makes a StoneEdge-esque combo, so it might be worth using.

Just a note, 5/6 here are weak to the infamous BoltBeam combo. Starmie, the Lati twins, anything that gets the elemental Fangs or Punches could possibly sweep the entire team, so it might do you good to replace a few members. Also, since Latias, Arcticuno, and Milotic all share similar roles and movesets, it might do you good to change them around a bit. I hope this helps some!

flameswy

Lord of Light
yes thank you!

that was very helpful!

ill go rework somethings, thank you for that!

^_^