• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Please Rate My LC Team!

Chidzz

So, I'm new to competitive battling and I want to see if this team is any good. I'm playing on Showdown if it helps. This might be a bit dodgy but as I said, i'm new and I'm waiting on better moves from PokéBank. BTW, I'm really bad at the descriptions, so please excuse those.

First Look:
436bronzor.png
597.png
077ponyta.png
353shuppet.png
341corphish.png
198murkrow.png

436bronzor.png

Bronzor @Wise Glasses
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 36 Def | 244 SpA | 228 SpD
Nature: Bold (+Def, -Atk)
-Toxic
-Flash Cannon
-HP Ice (TBR by Stealth Rocks)
-Psychic

This Bronzor is my main lead with a nice special set. It has Toxic to get that nice hax in the beginning as well as lots of damage since it can't hit that hard. Psychic and Flash cannon are the great STAB moves. HP Ice is for coverage but is to be replaced with Stealth Rocks when PokéBank is available, thus making it the better lead.

597.png

Ferroseed @Eviolite
Ability: iron Barbs
EVs: 92 Atk | 188 Def | 228 SpD
Nature: Impish (+Def, -SpA)
-Thunder Wave
-Leech Seed
-Spikes
-Seed Bomb

Ferroseed is my physical wall and support on this team. Thunder Wave can cripple sweepers, while Spikes and Leech Seed for residual damage plus the Iron Barbs with the latter also healing us. Seed Bomb is for nice STAB coverage and from when I'm subjected to Taunt.

077ponyta.png

Ponyta @Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 236 Atk | 36 Def | 236 SpD
Nature: Adamant (+Atk, -SpA)
-Flare Blitz
-Morning Sun
-Return
-Wild Charge

Ponyta is one of my physical sweeper. Flare Blitz is my STAB move, and Wild Charge is for any Water-types trying to switch in on me. Return is for neutral coverage. Morning Sun is for extra health when i'm on low.

353shuppet.png

Shuppet @Eviloite
Ability: Insomnia
EVs: 252 Atk | 4 Def | 252 Atk
Nature: Careful (+SpD, -SpA)
-Shadow Sneak
-Sucker Punch
-Will-O-Wisp
-Taunt

Banette is my second favourite Pokémon ever, so it would be natural to include its pre-evo. This is somewhat a special wall. Ghost-Dark coverage pretty much covers 95%, if not all Pokémon. Will-O-Wisp can cripple physical sweepers and Taunt stops anyone who tries setting up on me.

341corphish.png

Corphish @Expert Belt
Ability: Adaptability
EVs: 196 Atk | 76 SpD | 237 Spe
Nature: Adamant
-Dragon Dance
-Waterfall
-Brick Break
-Crunch

There is nothing special to explain here. It is a basic physical sweeper. Dragon Dance and my investment in Speed will help me outspeed most things, and the Water, dark, and Fighting coverage helps against many types, and will do well even without SE damage.

198murkrow.png

Murkrow @Choice Scarf
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 240 Atk | 80 SpA | 188 Spe
Nature: Hasty (+Spe, -Def)
-Sucker Punch
-Roost (TBR by Heat Wave)
-Brave Bird
-HP Grass
This Murkrow is mainly used as a mixed sweeper but can be used for revenge killing thanks to Sucker Punch. He can uuse Brave Bird as a nice STAB and HP Grass is for coverage. Roost for when i'm on low but will be replaced by Heat Wave, again, for coverage.

Final Look:
436bronzor.png
285shroomish.png
077ponyta.png
353shuppet.png
341corphish.png
198murkrow.png

Thank you, and any criticism is appreciated!!

Last edited:

Divine Retribution

Conquistador de pan
ok. 1st things first: why didn't you evolve your pokemon?
i also am new to competitions, but this team hasn't got a single evolved pokemon.
i am ok with one pokemon who may be unevolved, and that is aron.
aron has sturdy, learn it Endeavor and voila, next turn you can knock out your opponent with a stronger pokemon such as, well, in you occasion, ponyta (evolve it, just evolve it, evolve all of your pokemon), as he has pretty much speed and can learnn flame charge if im right.
im not being a bad person, just being critic.

I think there's a rule against posting in CRMT if you have literally no idea (and I mean zero) what you're talking about.

@OP

Looks like a really solid team to me. Only recommendation I have is maybe Stun Spore > Toxic on Shroomish. You already have Toxic on Bronzor and it seems to me like your team would greatly appreciate the paralysis/dual status support.

McDanger

Because of the passive nature of your team, i`ld suggest ferroseed over shroomish as spikes will really help your team and corphish by racking up damage forcing switches with your defensive core, while shuppet works well here as a spin blocker. Drop hp ice on bronzor for stealth rocks as its basically useless, most stuff you`ld hit with it get hit harder with psychic or flash cannon, namely hippopotas, while stealth rocks help with flying threats that area annoying to corphish such as scarfed tallow, murkrow, and the uncommon archen, while crippling larvesta. Lastly, change murkrows ability to prankster, its overall superior as it gives priority subs and roosts so you can scout sets or evade a stats.

Klaus™

Banned
Just putting this out there, but if you dont know a tier, its probably in your best interest not to post (goes to every post in this thread, every single one is bad bar mcdangers).

Anyway, glad to see a 6th gen lc rmt so soon!! I was considering makig one as well :$ however even though you have firsties, im obliged to help your team out as much as possible( and this team definitely needs it). First off you are completely wrecked by top tier threats such as mixcrow, sneasel, shell smash tirt, and even a well played swirlix. In short, you definitely need to test this team more. Anyway, to fix some of the gaping holes in your team, try using Sturdy+Berry Juice SS Tirt over corphish. Corphish is kinda mediocre anyway, and tirt gets so many set up opportunities its not even funny. This also patches up your mixcrow weakness, but be wary of hp grass crow still. Sneasel is also taken care of by shell smash tirt, decimating it.

Next off, since shell smash tirts of your own are bothersome, i recommend using Choice Scarf Murkrow over your current set. A simple hp grass/brave bird/heat wave/ sucker punch does the trick, and also deters snover, +1scraggy, mienfoo, and outspeeds most shell smashers (ik tirt and clamperl are outspeed, not sure about barbacle or shellder off the top of my head. And please, if you arent going to use prankster, go insomnia in order to reliably switch in on foongus and other sleep inducers.

Shuppet is complete garbage. Get rid of it. If you desperately need a ghost type to stop fighting type ravage, use Offensive Pivot Misdreavus would suit you better. Its far better than garbo shuppet. Lastly, you need something better than bronzor. Try a LO Swirlix to better beat sneasel, yanma, meditite, etc.

Last edited:

AmbipomMaster

#TeamInstinct
I've never done LC before, but are you allowed to have 5 Eviolites on a team? I'm pretty sure Item Clause applies everywhere (even Wi-Fi battles)

That being said, maybe your Ferroseed should keep the Eviolite. I would give Corphish Expert Belt since he's your sweeper. Bronzor would like Wise Glasses, and Ponyta could benefit from Leftovers. And then Shuppet...I don't know about his item lol.

Also, if you want to run Choice Scarf, then you'll have to drop Roost. You could only use Roost in you switch in, recover, and switch out again, which is a bit redundant.