• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Please rate my Pokemon Sprite Recolours

Pokenicks

Come at me bro
Hi everyone, it's Pokenicks here!
So, I've decided to make soem recolours of some Pokemon Sprites. Please comment on how they are, but no insults please. Thanks.

recoloureddragonite.jpg

Dragonite with the colours of Feraligator

recolouredhonchcrow.jpg

Honchcrow with the colours of Lopunny.

recolouredlanturn.jpg

Lanturn with the colours of Ralts.

recolouredmarowak.jpg

Marowak with the colours of Rampardos.

recolouredmilotic.jpg

Milotic with the colours of Lugia​

recolouredsalamence.jpg

Salamence with the colours of Shiny Ho-oh.

recolouredseviper.jpg

Seviper with some of the colours of Bellossom. [Sorry the Pic came so big, don't know why]

recolouredslaking.jpg

Slaking with the colours of Hippodown.

recoluredgyrados.jpg

Gyrados with the colours of Cradily.

recoluredmagmoratar.jpg

Magmoratar with the colours of Spiritomb.

recoluredrhydon.jpg

Rhydon with some of the colours of Floatzel​

recoluredscizor.jpg

Scizor with some of the colours of Abomasnow.

recoluredtoxicroak.jpg

Toxicroak with the colours of Tropius.

recoluredtyranitar.jpg

Tyranitar with the colours of Banette.​

Hope you like them!

fishyfool

And a nice chianti
The Scizor looks like a Ghost, which is nice. I'm sure Hippowdon's eyes are RED, however...

Mansanas.

What? No Chocolate?!
Some of them are good but Lanturn and Milotic's lightest shades are dark...
Also, on salamence, there seems to be no black outline whatsoever as with Honckrow's body...
I think that you can do better next time...

Pokenicks

Come at me bro
I didn't give them a black outline purposely, they look quite cooler without it; but if you insist they're a bit strange without it, next time I'll give it to them :)

mangaeyes

I didn't like Marrowak, Slaking or Magmortar but I think thats just a personal thing. They're good. Maybe you should try splices with re-colours to challenge yourself.

.:Faithless:.

.:~Silent Strength~:
Awesome! You need a bit of black on the outline tho ;)

Sacred Fire Blaziken

Brotherly Gattai!
You want a rate for a recolor? How bout 1/10? Why? Recolors absolutely require NO effort.
Sorry If I'm harsh, but I know you can do better than this.

You want a rate for a recolor? How bout 1/10? Why? Recolors absolutely require NO effort.
Sorry If I'm harsh, but I know you can do better than this.

Geez dude, just rip out his heart. How about you give him CONSTRUCTIVE criticsm instead os just slamming him. And you went into this thread just to say that? Sad.

Anyway, back to sprites.

I didn't give them a black outline purposely, they look quite cooler without it; but if you insist they're a bit strange without it, next time I'll give it to them

Oh! So you purposely designed it like that.Sorry. It's just that a lot of people do what you did on accident. But other than that, good work!

ok so heres some problem
Some of them have solids(Same colors next to each other)
Some have wrong shading(Tyranitar goes from light to way dark)
other than that very good.

Golde

Always Searching~
I really like these! The only complaint are with the first few. Dragonite, for example. It's outline is way to blue. You may wanna put a little black in there.

Pokenicks

Come at me bro
Hey everyone, thanks for all the comments! (except you, Sacred Fire Blaziken :()
Anyway, you guys are right, next time I recolour, I'll be sure to leave the black outline, or at least add a bit of it.
In about a week or couple of days, I'm gonna fuse some Pokemon and post them here :D

Sacred Fire Blaziken

Brotherly Gattai!
Hey everyone, thanks for all the comments! (except you, Sacred Fire Blaziken :()
Anyway, you guys are right, next time I recolour, I'll be sure to leave the black outline, or at least add a bit of it.
In about a week or couple of days, I'm gonna fuse some Pokemon and post them here :D

Sorry bout being harsh, Just expect a little ranting if you start with recolors.
I learned that the hard way on sprites-inc...

Pokenicks

Come at me bro
Sorry bout being harsh, Just expect a little ranting if you start with recolors.
I learned that the hard way on sprites-inc...

Nah that's OK, I forgive you :)
I'll stop posting recolours, instead I'm gonna start posting fusions soon. I'm really saying that recolours are lame, but I kinda think fusions are quite cool too. ;)

Golde

Always Searching~
Nah that's OK, I forgive you :)
I'll stop posting recolours, instead I'm gonna start posting fusions soon. I'm really saying that recolours are lame, but I kinda think fusions are quite cool too. ;)

recolors aren't lame. Recolors are cool! I love them, and they aren't allways simple. They require time sometimes, and are a great way for new spriters to gain some experience. though i'm not saying you should just stick with that, though.

Also, I see why you excluded the black. It does look cool, but when you ask for C&C, that's gonna be what they see first.

regi-ultimate

power lvl=over 9000!
I like the milotic and tyranitar
unfortunately the pokes' colors are very vibrant and stand out too much
nice ideas tho

Pokenicks

Come at me bro
recolors aren't lame. Recolors are cool! I love them, and they aren't allways simple. They require time sometimes, and are a great way for new spriters to gain some experience. though i'm not saying you should just stick with that, though.

Also, I see why you excluded the black. It does look cool, but when you ask for C&C, that's gonna be what they see first.

I know, recolouring is quite fun, and it did take me a liitle time to start recolouring.
Thanks for the tutorial page NightBlaze :)