• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Please Rate My RU Team :3

Roseheart95

El Psy Congroo
So, I've made this RU team, but it's not really working very well... so I'd like some advice, please :)

Clefable@ Life Orb
Trait: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SAtk
Brave Nature (+Atk, -Spd)
- Double-Edge
- Grass Knot
- Thunder Wave
- Softboiled

This is meant to be my tank here. Double-Edge is great for STAB, and Magic Guard prevents recoil damage. Grass Knot is for a little extra coverage, and I particularly like it, as the Pokemon weak to it also tend to be heavier in most cases. Clefable can also be useful, as it can cripple faster opponents with Thunder Wave and can stick around for a long time with Softboiled. The EVs help it to stick around and deal most damage with Double-Edge, with a little extra punch behind Grass Knot.

Drapion@Black Sludge
Trait: Battle Armor
EVs: 248 HP / 244 SDef / 16 Spd
Careful Nature (+SDef, -SAtk)
- Crunch
- Poison Jab
- Whirlwind
- Taunt

Drapion is a bit of an annoyer. After Stealth Rocks and Spikes have been set up, Whirlwind is good to rack up a little damage on my opponent's team as well as getting rid of any setting-up if timed correctly. Taunt aids this by breaking down any walls and pretty much forcing them to switch out. Meanwhile, Crunch and Poison Jab are good, solid STAB moves, which I can use when the opportunity presents itself. The EVs lean towards longevity rather than attacking power.

Entei@Flame Plate
Trait: Pressure
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SAtk / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Flare Blitz
- ExtremeSpeed
- Stone Edge
- Sleep Talk

Entei is probably the main attacker on my team. As I don't have that many main attackers on my team, I've gone for Flame Plate over Choice Band, just so that I don't get backed into a corner. Flare Blitz is STAB, and ExtremeSpeed is good for revenge killing, among other things. Stone Edge is for a little more coverage, whereas Sleep Talk is useful if I can accurately predict a Spore or sleep-inducing move aimed at another one of the team.

Sceptile@Life Orb
Trait: Overgrow
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
~ Substitute
~ Giga Drain
~ Focus Blast
~ Hidden Power Rock

Set up Substitute before using whichever move appropriate. Substitute is good for getting Sceptile's health down for Overgrow to kick in. Giga Drain is not only a good STAB move to have, but it's also a great form of recovery when super-effective - which helps Sceptile juggle survivability with Overgrow. Focus Blast is a great check against steel-types, where as Hidden Power is good against fire, flying and bug-types, if the opponent switches in and I still have a Substitute up.

Crustle@Leftovers
Trait: Sturdy
EVs: 224 HP / 252 Def / 32 SDef
Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Spikes
- Stealth Rock
- Stone Edge
- Toxic

Crustle is basically my lead. It sets up Spikes and Stealth Rock before inflicting Toxic and then causing damage with Stone Edge until it gets knocked out. It will be able to set up at least one layer of Spikes due to Sturdy, and hopefully more if the opponent doesn't have the right lead. Leftovers and high EVs in defences and HP mean that it will last as long as possible.

Lilligant@ Life Orb
Trait: Chlorophyll
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Quiver Dance
- Sleep Powder
- Giga Drain
- Hidden Power [Fire]

My last Pokemon is kind of like a Sceptile back-up. It can set-up, and also use Sleep Powder to get another Quiver Dance in. Giga Drain is, of course, STAB, and Hidden Power works well against opposing grass types. Life Orb adds power to its attacks which adds on what Quiver Dance already has done.

So, please have a look and let me know what you think :) Thanks!

Last edited:

Ghosts of the Forums

Who Ya Gonna Call?
You don't need two rockers, so I'd change clef able to have a support move, like twave or utilize wish support, although the latter would constitute changing softboiled.

Roseheart95

El Psy Congroo
Thanks. I think I'll go for Thunder Wave, then.