• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Please rate my Ruby Team

Pokenicks

Come at me bro
This is my current Ruby team, so feel free to post suggestions on how my team can be improved, ratings and compliments, but no insults.

1. Swampert ;260;
Level: 77 Item: Macho Brace
Nature: Serious Ability: Torrent
Moveset:
~Muddy Water
~Ice Beam
~Brick Break
~Earthquake

2. Flygon ;330;
Level: 78 Item: Leftovers
Nature: Relaxed Ability: Levitate
Moveset:
~Fly
~Dragon Claw
~Flamethrower
~Steel Wing

3. Gyrados ;130;
Level: 73 Item: Mystic Water
Nature: Quiet Ability: Intimidate
Moveset:
~Surf
~Rain Dance
~Hydro Pump
~Thunder

4. Absol ;359;
Level: 75 Item: ???
Nature: Calm Ability: Pressure
Moveset:
~Shadow Ball
~Aerial Ace
~Toxic
~Slash

5. Manectric ;310;
Level: 74 Item: Magnet
Nature: Docile Ability: Static
Moveset:
~Charge
~Thunderbolt
~Iron Tail
~???

6. Zangoose ;335;
Level: 35 Item: Lum Berry
Nature: Adamant Ability: Immunity
Moveset:
~Crush Claw
~Shadow Ball
~Slash
~???

Where there are '???', I am kindly asking if you could fill it in with a move/item.
Thanks

Get rid of Swampert's Macho Brace, it won't be helping it at all. Also, Surf is better than Muddy Water for both power and accuracy.

For Flygon, get rid of Fly and possibly Steel Wing for Earthquake, Rock Slide, or Crunch. Those moves are better. Don't ever use HM moves unless it's surf on your primary pokemon.

Although Gyarados's special movepool looks better, it's better used as a physical sweeper. Unfortunately the only decent physical moves it gets in this generation are Earthquake and Double Edge/Return.

Absol's moveset looks okay, but be aware that Calm nature lowers its Attack, which is its most important stat.

For Manectric, don't use charge. It's better to just use Thunderbolt twice in a row. Bite or Crunch would be good as another move, and you can test to see if it has a decent hidden power type, and maybe put Thunder Wave there over Iron Tail.

Zangoose has a whole variety of good moves it can learn, like Aerial Ace, Brick Break, Rock Slide... But keep Shadow Ball. Don't keep both Crush Claw and Slash, they're both the same type.

You might want to consider getting rid of one of these pokemon for an HM slave with Fly, but that's just what I think.