• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Please Rate My SoulSilver Team

EvilTyranitar

Please Read This team is not meant to battle the elite four or anything like that (I realize it wouldn't last 5 battles). I just wanted to train a strong/annoying team to battle friends, battle tower, and single trainers in game. I trained more than 6 so I can kind of mix and match. I know there are probably too many pokemon here, but if you could take the time to read through and give any suggestions for new pokemon or movesets, or which of my pokemon to use it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
P.S. I'm also not overly concerned with natures. I'm also not totally sure I did the EVs right. I'm pretty new to EV training, so I apologize for any mistakes.

Leads
These first few are what I consider my leads. They're basically meant to scout and/or set up entry hazards.

Jumpluff @ Heat Rock
Ability: Chlorophyll
EVs: 255 Hp / 255 Spd
Nature: Jolly
-Sleep Powder
-Sunny Day
-SolarBeam
-U-turn

Jumpluff is basically meant to be sent out first, launch a fast sleep powder, and then u-turn to a different pokemon. Sunny day, in combination with the chlorophyll ability, will double jumpluff's speed and allow it to fire off solarbeams without charging first. This is just in case it has to fight on its own for whatever reason. Other than that, there isn't a whole lot to it.

Aggron @ Quick Claw
Ability: Rock Head
EVs: 155 Hp / 255 Def / 100 SpDef
Nature: Gentle
-Stealth Rock
-Roar
-Iron Head
-Rest

Aggron's job to to get stealth rocks out, then either start forcing switches with roar or attacking with iron head (I chose iron head over head smash for it's accuracy). Then, obviously, rest is there as a way to heal. I gave it quick claw to potentially help make up for its lack of speed. And with the evs I tried to spread his bulk around as well as I could so it will last in battle.

Skarmory @ Quick Claw
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 255 HP / 255 Def
Nature: Impish
-Spikes
-Stealth Rock
-Whirlwind
-Fly

Skarmory's job is pretty much the same as aggron. It lays stealth rocks and/or spikes, then starts forcing switches with whirlwind. I realize that special defense is a big weak point on my skarmory, but I figured it would be more beneficial to max out it hp and defense.

Crobat @ Black Sludge
Ability: Inner Focus
EVs: 255 Hp / 255 Spd
Nature: Careful
-Confuse Ray
-Toxic
-Super Fang
-Fly

Crobat is my favorite lead. I usually start with a confuse ray to hinder the opponent's ability to attack. Then I poison it with toxic, followed by a super fang to cut the opponent's hp in half. Fly is basically meant to help stall and let toxic do its thing. From my experience using it, this moveset on crobat is very effective. It's ability to cripple oppenents before they have a chance to respond is huge. Since crobat doesn't have any direct damage attacks that are actually used to do damage (fly is meant to stall as I said before), I decided to give it some bulk by ev training it in hp. The evs in combination with the recovery of black sludge, makes it more difficult to take crobat down. Black sludge also makes it a bad idea to use trick on crobat.

Stallers/Annoyers
These next pokemon I use for the middle 4 slots in my lineup. They are basically meant to stall and/or be annoying.

Togekiss @ King's Rock
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: Not EV Trained
Nature: Adamant
-Thunder Wave
-Air Slash
-Softboiled
-Fly

Togekiss has a pretty standard paraflinch moveset. You know how it works. Paralyze the opponent with thunder wave, then spam air slash until the opponent faints or rage quits. Softboiled is meant to heal. And I really have no specific reason for fly, so if you have a better move, please let me know.

Shuckle @ Leftovers
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 255 Hp / 100 Def / 155 SpDef
Nature: Calm
-Toxic
-Double Team
-Mud-Slap
-Rest

This shuckle is meant to make use of its awesome defensive stats by toxic stalling. I start with toxic, then max my evasiveness with double team, then move to mud-slap (more to stall and lower accuracy than to actually do damage). Rest is there in case shuckle needs to heal.

Blissey @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 255 Hp / 255 Def
Nature: Docile
-Toxic
-Minimize
-Psychic
-Softboiled

In case you haven't figured it out yet, I like to use toxic, and this blissey is a standard toxic staller blissey, and it works basically the same way as shuckle, except with minimize instead of double team and softboiled instead of rest. I chose psychic instead of seismic toss in case I have to deal with a fighting type.

Ludicolo @ Big Root
Ability: Rain Dish
EVs: 255 Hp / 255 Def
Nature: Mild
-Leech Seed
-Rain Dance
-Giga Drain
-Attract

This ludicolo is basically meant to sap the opponent's health. I like to start by leech seeding and following it up with a rain dance (in combination with rain dish), so I have a steady source of hp recovery. Then I have giga drain to STAB attack and sap more health. Giga drain also gets a boost from big root. Attract is there just to make it harder to land an attack on ludicolo (who is male).

Wobbuffet @ Shell Bell
Ability: Shadow Tag
EVs: 255 Def / 255 SpDef
Nature: Hardy
-Encore
-Safeguard
-Counter
-Mirror Coat

This is the cliche, standard wobbuffet. I'm not even going to explain how it works since it's pretty obvious. If you need clarification, let me know.

Sweepers
These last 4 are my sweepers. I use them to finish off whatever is left after the rest of my team has done its thing.

Starmie @ Life Orb
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 255 SpAtk / 255 Spd
Nature: Calm
-Surf
-Thunderbolt
-Ice Beam
-Recover

Starmie has it's three attacks to give it the best coverage possible, and knows recover to help heal off life orb recoil. It's a pretty simple set.

Scyther @ Muscle Band
Ability: Technician
EVs: 255 Atk / 255 Spd
Nature: Lonely
-Swords Dance
-Aerial Ace
-X-Scissor
-Quick Attack

This scyther is meant to make use of its technician ability. It starts with a swords dance to up attack. Aerial ace is its main attack because it's boosted by technician, gets STAB, and is a guaranteed hit. X-scissor is there as another STAB move, and quick attack is there for priority and gets boosted by technician.

Heracross @ Flame Orb
Ability: Guts
Nature: Jolly
-Swords Dance
-Facade
-Close Combat
-Megahorn

This heracross is a little bit of a gamble, but if it works, it pays off big time. I start with a swords dance to boost attack power. After that first turn, the flame orb burns heracross activating guts. With all those attack boosts, STAB close combat and STAB megahorn do a ton of damage, and facade's base power doubles from the burn.

And my favorite....
Tyranitar @ Life Orb
Ability: Sand Stream
Nature: Adamant
-Dragon Dance
-Crunch
-Rock Slide
-Earthquake

There's nothing too fancy about this tyranitar, I just really like it. It starts with a dragon dance to boost attack and speed, then uses crunch and rock slide for STAB moves, and earthquake as another power attack. And all three attacks get boosted by life orb and get good coverage. And in case you were wondering, I chose rock slide over stone edge because I don't like stone edge's accuracy.

Last edited:

Sigilyph2

Trainer of Champions
Please give more detailed descriptions on your team's Pokemon before doing anything else to help us rate it.

I don't think you'll need your Jumpluff, it doesn't do much and SleepPowder is only going to affect one Pokemon, so it isn't needed. Togekiss should have a different nature. Togekiss is not meant to be physical unless it has Hustle, which yours doesn't. What I suggest you do is breed for a Modest one (or anything Sp. Atk boosting) and use that one instead.

EvilTyranitar

I'm new to this, so I'm not completely sure which things I need to describe when describing my team. What things do you suggest listing?
And regarding the nature of my togekiss, I really do appreciate the advice, but as I said at the beginning of my post, I'm not really concerned that much with natures.

andresballer03

if you are going to ev train, then the natures will help A LOT. its a 10 percent boost in whatever stat it favors and a 10 percent decline in whatever stat it doesn't. honestly, ev training takes a long time and its annoying. if you are going to take all of that time to ev train, why not take an extra hour, catch a bunch of different natured ditto, and get a good nature? its worth it in the end.

EvilTyranitar

Thanks for the tip! I will absolutely keep that in mind when raising pokemon in the future :)
But for the time being, do you have any feedback on the pokemon I've already raised?

THEIRONDONUT

Strongest of pastrys
i think you have a pretty good team, but i would rethink your blisseys moveset and replace minimize with perhaps wish or heal bell, as you need a cleric/healer. i would also suggest a salamance (the mixedmance combo is deadly and brilliant), a Blastoise as a tank (teach it toxic, it will be near unstoppable) and perhaps either a Miltank (that would replace your blissey) or a forretress ( brilliant all rounder, teach it stealth rock, spikes, rapid spin and explosion, its just a pain in the *** to pull out last minute.) i would also suggest an investment in either a Lucario, an Infernape, or a Garchomp, as they all serve as excellent sweepers if you cannot get your hands on a bagon (i can't be bothered to wait 110 days because i could have a team that would wreck a salamance by then)

that is my view on your team, but overall i think you have some great ones there. please look at my thread on my heartgold team if you would like to contradict me on any suggestions i made as my team also needs rating (what a coincidence!)
check out www.arkeis.com for some brilliant tips on pokemon types, that's how i hand picked my team, or check out BlameTruth's pokemon wi-fi battles on youtube, they're a bit rude but incredibly helpful for types, pokemon moves, and strategies.

hope i helped, THEIRONDONUT

EvilTyranitar

Thanks for the advice!
I've been back and forth with my blissey's moveset. You're idea is really smart, especially looking at the team as a whole. I just enjoy having minimize on it to help it survive on its own. I'm not sure which strategy is more effective. But I will for sure put some strong consideration in your idea.
I considered a forretress when I was deciding which pokemon I wanted to set up entry hazards. I feel like my skarmory and aggron do a good job of it. Would it be worth investing the time in a forretress too?
And as for the sweepers, I'm actually working on a jolly garchomp at the moment.
Your advice was really helpful and I appreciate it. Thanks again!

Aura Sensei™

User Title
Please give more detailed descriptions on your team's Pokemon before doing anything else to help us rate it.

I don't think you'll need your Jumpluff, it doesn't do much and SleepPowder is only going to affect one Pokemon, so it isn't needed. Togekiss should have a different nature. Togekiss is not meant to be physical unless it has Hustle, which yours doesn't. What I suggest you do is breed for a Modest one (or anything Sp. Atk boosting) and use that one instead.

He dosen't need to give descriptions at all , if you can't figure out the set then don't rate.

You need to post what you're going to use...

Bug Bite > X-Scissor on Scyther. And change the EV's to 252 Atk / 178 Speed / 74 HP.

EvilTyranitar

Thanks for the tip! The extra bulk on scyther would definitely be useful

THEIRONDONUT

Strongest of pastrys
tyranitar, you should definatley 110% INVEST IN A FORRETRESS!!! they're only problem is that they are easy to kill off with a fire, but then on the other end they can spike with a variety of double layer moves, as well as clearing spikes, stealth rock etc. also, they can wall pretty much any 'mon for up to 5 turns if you EV train it right. I'd also suggest evolving your scyther, as scizor has an amazing advantage. the only thing i would suggest, if making a team with aggron, scizor, skarmory and/or forretress on, is that you really need that blastoise to counteract those pesky fire type moves. I would reccomend, if even considering such a team, that you breed another blastoise, more attack and HP inclined.

Hope I helped, THEIRONDONUT

ps, i follwed your advice on the dragonite thing and stuff, please check out my update and see what you think of the team in training :)

THEIRONDONUT

Strongest of pastrys
also as a quick team update, be careful with your tyranitar, as it is extremely susceptible to Bulky Waters (www.Arkeis.com/pokemon20%roles , milotic, Blastoise), especially Milotic as lots of people inculde it in their team.

EvilTyranitar

I will definitely look into training a forretress when I finish this garchomp I'm working on.
When I started training scyther, I debated whether or not to evolve it. The reason I chose not to is pretty simple. I want it to be a sweeper, and even though its attack stat is a little lower than its evolution's, its speed is significantly higher. And since I can raise it attack stat easily, I decided that it was better to go with the faster of the two.
And I see what you're saying about the blastoise, but you're forgetting that I'm packing a dragon dance tyranitar. He resists fire attacks, and a single rock slide from him will take down most fire types.
Sorry if those last two points came off as argumentative. I was just letting you know my thinking behind what I'm doing. Thank you for the advice though!

EvilTyranitar

And thanks for watching out for my tyranitar! Just don't forget that I have a life orb starmie that knows both surf and thunderbolt. Adios pesky fire and water types!!! :)

THEIRONDONUT

Strongest of pastrys
ok, good point, thanks

Aura Sensei™

User Title
Aura Sphere > Fly and Shadow Ball > Softboiled on Togekiss for unresisted coverage.

THEIRONDONUT

Strongest of pastrys
Hi tyrantitar, listen im currently Breeding a tyranitar (it takes ages, its currently lv 33 pupitar, doing pokemon league as i post this, i'm on leader will's Jynx) and i've been looking at different movesets, but im particularly interested in yours. could you give me any advice in the EV's and movesets? anyways, back to your thread. I have looked at your pokemon and these are my choice ones out of your team. i have 2 teams in mind for battle tower, and 1 for wifi. here are the battle tower teams:
team 1:
Aggron,
Crobat
and Shuckle.

team 2:
Togekiss
Starmie
Tyranitar

and here is my ideal Wi-FI team for you:
Blissey
Sycther
Togekiss
Starmie
Tyranitar
Ludicolo.

i am pretty happy with your teams movesets, but could you post an update letting us know if you took any comments into account, and what your team's current sets are. The wi-fi team i selected is basically a bit of everything in order to win, if you play it right. first off, launch your ludicolo in to soften up your opponent. leech seed, and rain dance. note that you should set up rain dance after leech seed. next, switch out to your scyther who will be critical for landing hits and dancing around your opponents team. if you lose Scyther early on, don't worry about it, its just their to frustrate the foe so that they switch onto the offensive foot instead of trying to set up spikes, toxic spikes, stealth rock etc. if they did that during your ludicolo's leech seed rain dance set-up, then it would be good to have a rapid spinner (such as a forretress) but you'd be stuck. if ludicolo was hit bad whilst he was setting up, then switch into blissey and set up a wish for it (you'd have to swap a move, i suggest minimize. you lose its manoeuvrability, but gain a team saving move), . then, get your Tyranitar in and set up stealth rocks. then keep hitting them until rain dance wears off. then switch back into ludicolo and set up rain dance. this time around, you're going to keep him in and sap sap sap your foe until ludicolo,s wore off. i think you should attempt an attract per foe, as it helps you loads (before elite four i rematched whitney, her lv 58 miltank nearly killed my 72 typhlosion because of that damn move) then, once either ludicolo is dead or you beat the foe, switch to togetic and paraflinch the crap outta any susceptible foes. that should leave them with about 2-3 foes. then its time to BRING THE THUNDER!!!!!!!! send in either starmie or Tyranitar (whichever suits the occasion more) and sweep up the competition. obviously in a battle there are so many variables that you can't stick to one strategy, depending on strength, movesets, EV's, IV's and items, that your strategy is bound to change. swap this strategy around to suit you and your style, and you should do great.

thanks for reading my post, and if there are any other pokes you are adding to you mix n' match team, let us know! i'd love to hear more and contemplate new movesets and strategies.

adios, your friendly neighbourhood donut!

PS. please check out my thread and reply, there are more q's and strategies i need posting :)

THEIRONDONUT

Strongest of pastrys
ps sorry for typing tyrantitar, i meant tyranitar :)

THEIRONDONUT

Strongest of pastrys
pps, check out my friend Prof.Oak's battle tower thread, its great for these type of discussions, and im sure he would appreciate any extra help on his thread