• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Please Rate my Team?

Status
Not open for further replies.

((JAWS))

Johto Boy
I am making a competetive team to beat a friend at School. This is my Pokemon Blue Team so far. Tell me if I should add new pokemon or get rid of moves.

Blastoise, Lvl 66
-Surf
-Hydro Pump
-Strength
-Ice Beam

Rhydon, Lvl 60
-Fissure
-Rock Slide
-Mega Punch
-Mega Kick

Raichu, Lvl 64
-Thunder
-Thunderbolt
-Mega Punch
-Mega Kick

Pidgeot, Lvl 54
-Fly
-Mirror Move
-Quick Attack
-Agility

Chansey, Lvl 67
-Egg Bomb
-Softboiled
-Toxic
-Double Edge

Kadabra, Lvl 62
-Psychic
-Psybeam
-Recover
-Thunder

Jake76

Alright, here's my two cents:

Blastoise: Carrying both surf and hydro pump is redundant as they both are special attacks. I'd go with surf for accuracy and drop hydro pump in favor of mimic. Blastoise carries a weak movepool so mimic can make up for that.

Rhydon: Definitely drop Fissure. Too unreliable. Add Earthquake for accuracy and pure punch. Ger rid of one of your two mega moves. They both do the same thing. Give it substitute to hide behind to avoid one hit KO's from water/ice moves.

Raichu: Again, Thunder and Thunderbolt are incredibly redundant. Choose one or the other (thunder for power, thunderbolt for accuracy) and add thunder wave. Paralysis is absolutely crippling in Gen. 1 and will probably win you the fight. Mega punch/kick is a horrible combo (see Rhydon) so replace one with Surf so you can take care of pesky ground types.

Pidgeot: Good Pidgeot set. Nothing to really see here. Move along.

Chansey: Not a bad set but you're leaving Chansey with some untapped potential. Give it Ice beam to take advantage of it's colossal special stat, thunderbolt to increase coverage (lovely bolt beam combo), and thunder wave to cripple your opponent. Couple those three moves with softboiled and Chansey becomes your powerhouse.

Kadabra: Psychic/Psybeam is almost as bad of a combo as mega punch/kick. Drop psybeam altogetgher and roll with Psychic. Add Thunderwave (again, I can't stress enough how important paralysis is) and add reflect. The combination of Kadabra's special stat and reflect/boosted defenses is killer.

Status
Not open for further replies.