• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Please Rate! Need help tweeking this team :)

PokeDiva

So late last night I was on Youtube trying to see what other info I could find in making a great competitive team. I ran across PokeMoshPit - Guide to Team Building for Competitive Pokemon by Faladran. The video was very insightful and offered some info that I don't recall reading on other forums or guides. He explain that the 6 pokemon should consist of the following roles:

1. Lead
2. Lead Support
3. Core#1
4. Core#2
5. Core#3
6. Revenge Killer

I found the core part of the video very interesting. I did some research (as usual) and found the following most used cores(in no particular order):

Grass/Water/Fire, Flying/Fighting/Rock, Ground/Poison/Grass, Dragon/Water/Steel, Dragon/Steel/Fighting, Normal/Ghost/Psychic, Dragon/Normal/Steel

With this new-found knowledge I decide that, okay maybe now I can make a great team.

My Team At A Glance

deoxys-defense.png
bronzong.png
salamence.png
magnezone.png
scrafty.png
ditto.png

The Strategy (Maybe)

deoxys-defense.png

Bulky DNA@Leftovers/Lum Berry Relaxed Nature
EVs: 4 HP/252 Def/252 SpD
Ability: Pressure
Spikes
Recover
Taunt
Ice Beam/Toxic

I decided on Deoxys-D as my lead to set up hazards and taunt so my opponent can't set up. I did run into an issue while trying this out on wifi which was lead brelooms and whimsicotts which is why I think a Lum Berry would be the better choice over leftovers seeing as how he does have a recovery move. I had Toxic but I switched it out for Ice Beam to be able to take down those pesky grass leads. I'm also considering protect instead of taunt.

bronzong.png

Ding Dong@Light Clay Sassy Nature
EVs: 252 HP/128 Def/128 SpD IVs: 0 Spe
Ability: Heatproof
Light Screen
Reflect
Gyro Ball
Stealth Rocks

This is my support lead. Should I need to switch out from my Bulky DNA, this guy can at least get some rocks up or set up barriers. 0 Spe IVs is necessary of course for gyro ball to be at its strongest. I think the EV spread decent but let me know if another spread is better. I went for heatproof over levitate because of the HP Fire that I seem to run into quite often on wifi.

salamence.png

Red Wings@Life Orb Naive Nature
EVs: 4 Atk/252 SpA /252 Spe
Ability: Intimidate
Dance Dance
Outrage
Draco Meteor
Fire Blast

Earlier I mentioned about the core of a team. Well I decide to try out Dragon/Steel/Fighting core. I decide on this core because imo it offers one of the best synergy for a tri-core. I went with Salamence because aside from it being a dragon type its also flying so it will be immune to the ground attacks that steel pokemon are weak against whilst resisting steels weakness to fire. While testing this on wifi I was disappointed that it really didn't stand a chance against scarfed priority fighting types. Maybe someone can suggest a better EV spread for him, a bit more defensive. The moveset is just your standard mix DD set, nothing real special.

magnezone.png

Bang Zoom@Leftovers Timid Nature
EVs: 4 HP/252 SpA/252 Spe
Ability: Magnet Pull
Substitute
Hidden Power fire
Volt Switch/Thunderbolt
Flash Cannon

Second member of the core. He will be covering all 3 of Salamence's weaknesses, as well as Scrafty's weaknesses. His Magnet Pull ability coupled with HP Fire is invaluable to get rid of Scizor and Skarmory. Substitute is set up on switch in since its likely not to be broken if up against a Scizor or Skarmory. Flash Cannon for a STAB and I went with Volt Switch over T-bolt to be able to switch out in a pinch.

scrafty.png

Hood Chick@Life Orb Impish Nature
EVs: 252HP/4 Atk/252 SpD
Ability: Shed Skin
Bulk Up
Crunch
Ice Punch
Drain Punch

Last Core member and my favorite! I know your used to seeing the DD instead of Bulk Up but I really love this set and decided on a defensive EV spread. It was hard to chose between Moxie or Shed Skin (I know, I know it should be cake) but I in the end Shed Skin won. Someone is either trying to Poison or WOW you so Shed Skin is just boss for her right about now. Haven't had any trouble on wifi with him so far but I'm still open to suggestions.

ditto.png

I.M.U@Choice Scarf Timid Nature
EVs: 252 HP/4 Def/252 Spe
Trait: Impostor
Transform

I didn't believe it at first but WOW. Ditto really is an awesome revenge killer. Every time I switched him in he got a 1HKO! He's just Ditto so dunno what can be changed.

Well there it is! So you know I've also considered Priority Hitmontop and Guts Machamp in place of Scrafty and Dragonite in place of Salamence. There is something about this team though that I can't seem to put my finger on yet but it's not as strong on wifi as I'd like it to be which is why I hoping for some great critiquing from you guys. Thanks so much!

PokeDiva

>>BUMP<< I really need some help

Cometstarlight

What do I do now?
My main worry is about ditto. See there are situations where it can just kill and other moments most other where it is the one being killed. Its just so umpredicable of where it could go. If you ask me, you should go with Zoroark if you want ur transforming fix in. Its really good, I'm training one myself and if you need help, its already been POTW.

PokeDiva

My main worry is about ditto. See there are situations where it can just kill and other moments most other where it is the one being killed. Its just so umpredicable of where it could go. If you ask me, you should go with Zoroark if you want ur transforming fix in. Its really good, I'm training one myself and if you need help, its already been POTW.

Is he good for revenge killing tho? I know he isnt very strong... What moveset do you suggest?

AuraKnight

Master of Aura
Is he good for revenge killing tho? I know he isnt very strong... What moveset do you suggest?

zoroark is pretty good if you got the right set up for it
[i'll be reffering to the different sets in serebii's PotW page for it]

if you're concerned about zoroark's low defenses then you could try the choice set
- Night Daze / Dark Pulse
- Focus Blast
- Flamethrower / Grass Knot
- U-turn / Hidden Power [Ice]
Item Attached: Choice Specs / Choice Scarf
Ability: Illusion
EVs and Nature:
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Naive Nature (+Spd, -SDef) / Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)

or maybe a counter lead in situations where deoxys 'might' not be allowed

- Taunt
- Counter
- Sucker Punch
- Memento
Item Attached: Focus Sash
EVs and Nature:
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Hasty Nature (+Spd, -Def)

those are a couple suggestions based on what you seem to be looking for

heres the reference link
http://www.serebii.net/potw-bw/571.shtml

PokeDiva

zoroark is pretty good if you got the right set up for it
[i'll be reffering to the different sets in serebii's PotW page for it]

if you're concerned about zoroark's low defenses then you could try the choice set
- Night Daze / Dark Pulse
- Focus Blast
- Flamethrower / Grass Knot
- U-turn / Hidden Power [Ice]
Item Attached: Choice Specs / Choice Scarf
EVs and Nature:
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Naive Nature (+Spd, -SDef) / Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)

or maybe a counter lead in situations where deoxys 'might' not be allowed

- Taunt
- Counter
- Sucker Punch
- Memento
Item Attached: Focus Sash
EVs and Nature:
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Hasty Nature (+Spd, -Def)

those are a couple suggestions based on what you seem to be looking for

heres the reference link
http://www.serebii.net/potw-bw/571.shtml

That first set looks great. I'll switch out my Ditto and try this out

PokeDiva

>>bump<< please rate

Vandslaux

The best way to use Zoroark, in my opinion, is not to sweep, but to remove counters so the poke you're disguising as can sweep. For example, disguise as Scrafty, lure in Skarmory, kill it so Scrafty can freely sweep.

Kerech

Shinigami...CHOP!
1) Stop bumping, seriously.

2) Moving to CRMT.

PokeDiva

wth is crmt? and i'm bumping to get more insight, whats wrong with that?

I can already see a weavile seting up a swords dance on your Deoxys and sweeping 4/6 of your pokes. Ditto wont be able to kill a +2 att boosted weavile if its holding focus sash (which most do). I also notice most of your team is extremly slow. If Scraggy is killed off, a Sp.D wall (Evo Chansey/dusclops) can wall you completly. Im not very good good at fixing teams, i just point out what i notice is all.

OMG potatoes

Pokemon Trader
You might wanna switch Mence into Dragonite for extreme speed priority scince you don't have anything else