• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Please Stop...

Slaying

The Dragon Trainer
Using Hypnosis!!!!

Everywhere I go I keep getting every single enemy pokémon puts me to sleep and kills me, it's so annoying and overused, I don't mind it when grass types use sleep powder because it's not that often, but like every type in the game does it now and it makes it boring as hell!

Anyone else feel the same? XD

ZiR

Beginner Collector
Actually, the only thing that I hate in Hypnosis is the fact that if you use, the move hardly works in the 1st try, but the move works perfectly when CPU use it against you. =P

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
There are more than enough strategies to counter sleep. You can use items like Awakening or Full Heal. You can use Pokemon that have sleep negating abilities Vital Spirit and Insomnia. You can use moves like Uproar and Worry Seed. Sleep moves are fair game, and if you think outside of the box about ways to counter it, it becomes less "annoying".

SteelKing 2012

An Iron Fist
Actually, the only thing that I hate in Hypnosis is the fact that if you use, the move hardly works in the 1st try, but the move works perfectly when CPU use it against you. =P

That happens for me, and when I actually do hit, the CPU 'mon wakes up first turn after it.

Lol, I hate when I use something to cure sleep, then my opponent uses the move once again and then I'm back where I started. It's like they know I'm going to heal my Pokemon. xD

Cloud_Arcanine

Scarlett starlett
Use a team of six Delibird everywhere you go. The little guys are anti-sleep geniuses!

It is annoying though, it never works for you, but for the other trainers it's like 'we laugh in the face at the 60% accuracy'

Slaying

The Dragon Trainer
Lol, I hate when I use something to cure sleep, then my opponent uses the move once again and then I'm back where I started. It's like they know I'm going to heal my Pokemon. xD

What he said! This is so typical.

I think the worst for it is Will and his Xatu, Your Pokémon just snaps out of confusion, so it uses Confuse Ray AGAIN. And he has two at first...

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
It is annoying though, it never works for you, but for the other trainers it's like 'we laugh in the face at the 60% accuracy'

That much I will agree is annoying, that whenever you use status conditions it's less likely to work for you than for your opponents (I forget what they call that).

Thomas Elliot

I AM HUSH
Sleep on first try always seems to fail, they say it has a certain hit percentage but I think that first time you use it has to be like 10%. I can't tell you how many times I've tried setting up a strategy around sleep and had to scramble because it didn't work the first time, the second time or sometimes even the third time.

Cutty

Forever now
I don't really have problem w/ hypnosis in the game as I like to give my pokemon Lum berry.

Celestial Moth

Guardian of the Tree of Time
Yeah as stated previously the one thing i dont like about hypnosis is that it never hits haha.

Theirs nothing with putting pokemon to sleep as its part of the game :p

Icarus©

Full on PASBLer
Hyponisis i just hate when it hits me.
This is usually what happened
Turn 1:
Random Drowsee used Hyponisis
My pokemon fell asleep!
Turn 2:
My Pokemon switches out!
Go Other Pokemon!
Random Drowsee uses Hyponsis!
Other Pokemon fell asleep!

But when i use it... it almost always mises

Starsurfer

Pokemon Idol
I think the main thing that irritates me is, like everyone said, how it's nowhere NEAR as effective for you as it is for the CPU. You decide to take a gamble on Hypnosis or even Sleep Powder with it's better accuracy... 9/10 you're going to have to try and use again because it missed the first time. And when it finally does hit, the opposing Pokemon gets up within a turn.

But if the CPU uses it... You and your team have got some serious problems headed your way -___-

*~Silver*~

Hyponisis i just hate when it hits me.
This is usually what happened
Turn 1:
Random Drowsee used Hyponisis
My pokemon fell asleep!
Turn 2:
My Pokemon switches out!
Go Other Pokemon!
Random Drowsee uses Hyponsis!
Other Pokemon fell asleep!

But when i use it... it almost always mises

This is what always happens to me too.

Sealotic

It doesn't affect me that much because usually, it is me that is putting my opponent in a deep sleep :D
Gen III, hypnosis with my Gardevoir, IV Dravoid of Darkrai and V, I had a Milotic who had Hypnosis too.

Also, in Gen II, I used my Houndoom against pokemon that could do sleepy moves.
This wonderful creature has an ability to reduce by half the time of sleeping... but I don't remember the name of that ability.

Platinum fan.

RetiredPokemonMaster
I have more problems with confusion and paralyze then sleeping. But it is annoying when your opponent can put you to sleep much easier then you can. I remember battling Palmer in my Pearl game, his Milotic put my Pokemon to sleep right off the bat and I had been trying all frontier to put Pokemon to sleep and each time I failed. That was frustrating. But my biggest annoyance is Confuse Ray. I hate confusion. It seems everytime a member of the Zubat family does it to me, my Pokemon always beat themselves up while never touching the bat even once.

Last edited: