1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Plot Discussion Thread(Villain Team, Rivals, Pacing etc.)

Discussion in 'Pokémon Sword & Shield Discussion' started by Trainer Yusuf, Aug 23, 2018.

1. WhiteBlair

WhiteBlair Reporting on-duty in Galar.

Why not a jerk/evil girl as rival, though? Togekiss in your avatar reminded me of Ursula from DPPt anime in instant, which I'd LOVE to see such character being portrayed in-game.

D*N likes this.
  2. Pokegirl Fan~

Pokegirl Fan~ No Need To Worry...Yet

I'd like a non playable character that's a princess from the royal family that has a deuteragonist role like Lillie had in SM and is involved in some kind of story that's based off of the middle ages.

3. U.N. Owen

U.N. Owen In Brightest Day, In Blackest Night ...

Funny, I was thinking of a similar thing except the player of the opposite gender gets to be royalty. We've had our lab assistants and rivals, but we've never one with celebrity status.

4. axelme

axelme Well-Known Member

this is a more industrial region. what i think would be interesting is to have an environmental group that opposes the industrialization. maybe a group of environmental radicals striving to protect nature

the bad guys could be a group that wants to move toward a totally mechanical and industrial world

5. D*N

D*N Musical Star

Truuu! Also love that idea

6. MalcolmBelmontS

MalcolmBelmontS Well-Known Member

I have a theory regarding the Evil Team. Galra is the Irish Word for Disease right? So what if that plays into the main villain team. My speculation is that the Villain Team will be based around Plague Doctors

[​IMG]

The Evil Team would have a Name related towards Curing or Healing and their mission is to "cure" the sicknesses plaguing the region. However, what puts them in conflict with the rest of the region is their methods and beleif on what disease is plauging the reigon.

Sceptrigon likes this.
  7. axelme

axelme Well-Known Member

or what about a group that is sort of playing god. creating their own pokemon. trying to find the ultimate one. maybe even merging types that aren't found naturally. maybe there's an area where the region has gotten so advanced they have wiped out pokemon in the region and are creating their own new ones. importing pokemon from different areas

8. Miar

Miar I got one right!

The Sword and Shield have the same wolf-head. What if the box Legends are actually the same Pokemon and it changes form based on your version?

I could imagine it died long ago and the Nazca-line-carved hill is actually its burial site. It's THAT big. (The little carvings are people being terrorized by it)
    That's also why you can't actually walk on top of it. The villains, though, will revive it despite warnings found in the ruins and seriously regret it when it becomes the main evil in the game.

Also, are there NO gyms/soccer-ish fields in the entire south half of Galar? What are we doing down there? How long before our first actual badge?

9. Ultra Beast Lover

Ultra Beast Lover Well-Known Member

Well there is that forest area that's in front of our house, maybe there's a gym there.

PokeMon2.0 likes this.
  10. Trainer Yusuf

Trainer Yusuf VolcaniNO

It seems Grass is the first Gym, like in Kalos' Bug Gym. You get to the train to go the lakes, walk to the industrial city, climb a mountain cavern to go to rural city, and then backtrack to the industrial city after a while.

PokeMon2.0 likes this.
  11. axelme

axelme Well-Known Member

seeing you mention nazca lines reminds me how much i'd like to see some pokemon based off them

PokeMon2.0 likes this.
  12. Grey Wind

Grey Wind Only rescues maidens

I've been wondering this too. I'm thinking there's either a gym with a different design hidden in there somewhere (maybe the purple house with the battlefield out front?) or, more likely, we take the train directly to "Manchester" and the first gym is there. I can't imagine they'd wait until the grass place for there to finally be a gym.

PokeMon2.0 likes this.
  13. PokeMon2.0

PokeMon2.0 Cramorant is too cute for words!

I think the first one is that purple building with the battlefield unless that's the Trainers School.

14. Miar

Miar I got one right!

That's what I mean. That Gym's northwest of Central City (The arena on the map has a green marker). The south half has only your town, it seems..
    The railways do make me think you'll be going to Not-London/Central early on before you get to walk there.

Sigilyph to return? Might consider it if it does.

Trainer Yusuf likes this.
  15. Trainer Yusuf

Trainer Yusuf VolcaniNO

Oh.

But yes, region is designed for backtracking a lot. All three major cities are clearly designed in a manner so you challange their gyms after defeating their nearby areas. This similar to Kalos but it is most like Sinnoh.

So yeah, pacing will be nightmare if the dex is not varied.

16. Vexianna

Vexianna New Member

Pokemon games since the 5th gen have yet to top the bar it set in terms of plot. Characters haven't seemed as thought out since, which is a shame. I hope to see rivals, villains and gym leaders with a background and character arcs taking on themes again. If what guides us are the happenings of each character, I'll be delighted.

That aside, I have expectations coming from the British setting.
    • Galar is an anagram of "Graal" so I pray that mythology, legends or even magic are the plot's driving force and one of its main theme. The wolves on the logo remind me of the wolf that helped found Rome, it isn't uncommon in myths. Have the heroes be Pokemon's King Arthur. I'll eat it up.
    • Loads of fictional detectives were British I hope the game has a part of mystery to it, have the heroes investigate, multiple culprits for the actions of the Team whose members are unknown...
    • Nobles or even royalty being some of the main characters of the game.

17. Cor Petit

Cor Petit King killer

I would love to see how we go to school early in the game and we get to know that our classmates are all our rivals (friendly or not, whatever their personalities are individually), and I mean an important number of them, not just one or two, including our counterpart. We would encounter them at the battlefields and stadiums (even if are gyms) through the path, and league aswell.

18. U.N. Owen

U.N. Owen In Brightest Day, In Blackest Night ...

We've had plots where villains are redeemed, but we've never had a plot where a hero becomes a villain. I'd like to see how people would do that.

A funny image of anti-vaxxers wearing matching uniforms popped up in my head for some reason.

19. Ultra Beast Lover

Ultra Beast Lover Well-Known Member

So the Kalos group done right? I'd like that.

I liked what they tried to do in Kalos with the group of friends that each represent a part of the journey (except Tierno, not really sure what his thing was). Maybe they could cut it down to three friends and show the upside and downside to each part.

Friend 1-They're more just the sidekick, like Trevor they want to complete the Pokedex. Problem is they're hyper focused on it, so focused on it that they don't bond very much with their Pokemon. They don't notice at first when they lose, they forget who the villains they met before are. On the upside they have a very varied team and they employ strategies you'll have a lot of trouble with.

Friend 2-Like Shauna they're the weaker rival. They care more about going on fun little side missions then training to be the very best. On the downside this means they're weaker and their strategies are kind of weak. On the upside they're very pleasant to be around, always healing your Pokemon and they even watch your Gym battles.

Friend 3-They're that one guy in the group that's only there because they're friends with one person, the protagonist, in the group. They don't abuse their Pokemon but they're very harsh towards those they beat, they want to be the best and don't like weakness. The downside of course is that they end up hurting people, even the protagonist at some points can only respond with what amounts to, "You suck." But on the upside they'll always have you struggle to win.

The only unskippable cutscenes with them after their introduction (and besides them meeting the evil teams) are: The group going their own different paths, the big argument, deciding to go stop the evil team, and the reconciliation. Everything else is just them talking for about a minute giving the basic gist of their problem then asking to be left alone with the option to press them further.

PokeMon2.0 likes this.
  20. DannyDark

DannyDark The Earthquake Maker

The overbearing friendliness of Kalos and Alola was horrible, to the say the least. I'm really hoping for a good old fashioned rival, less so your friend but with the charisma and/or skill to create a respectful relationship, even if they do talk smack sometimes.

Ultra Beast Lover and PokeMon2.0 like this.