• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Plushie Tutorial

Sceptile Master

Survivor of the Great Avatar Depression
I think I'll try making one of these. If I make Electivire (Elekible) do you have any tips on making him? Or should I start out with Oddish first?

tpl2000

love = good pie
^^start with oddish. definitely. after that work your way up.

i think the banette would be a great idea...especially as a backpack, or a DS case....(!!! i'm gonna do that)... or a wii case, or a pencil case...the possibilities are endless....i think banette could be pretty easy to do.
hmm...any other pokemon of whose plushies i could make plausible use of?
actually since banette is 3'07" it might be better to make baby clothes out of rofl...

rec'd starter plushies:
swablu
aron
beldum
castform
ditto
duskull
electrode
flareon
gastly
glalie might be easy, but it might be hard as heck
gulpin
kabuto
linoone
lotad
lunatone
luvdisc (especially for your significant other...)
magikarp
mawile
numel
oddish
phanpy
pineco might be a pain, unless you layer the fabric .
poliwag...(debatable)
porygon definitely, since it's angular and definite, not furry or anything like that
ralts
seedot
shuppet
slowpoke
snorlax(would kill for one, great to give to a gf i would think.)
togepi, if you can get the shapes on the shell and all
umbreon maybe
voltorb
wobbuffet
wynaut

judging by simplicity of design.

big post, no?

edit: if there are any pokes you'd like to add or remove from the list, and i agree with you, i will edit the post.

Last edited:

VampirateMace

Internet Overlord
I feel that some of these may be a little hard, like castform with it's clear outer layer, and pineco with all it's details... I generally recommend round pokemon with 1-2 major colors for those who are starting.

and yes, big post... I'll make my own list later perhapes...

DarkSpectrum

Shadow Amongst Light
And oddish’s foot can be made from an oval and two half ovals (the half ovals should be as tall as half the outside line of the original oval is long.
Ok... i'm having a lil trouble understanding what you mean by this statement....
I know the half ovals are the sides of the foot and the full oval is the sole of the foot right? Are you saying the half ovals diameter (height) should be as long as half of the full ovals circumference (so that you sew the diameter portion of the half ovals around the circumference of the full oval)?

And where would the completed feet be sewn into the body? the only place I could think or see was partially into the seams of the body (which would seem that if you did that, you'd need a bit of a leg to do it).

Also... Did you hand sew that? I can hand sew and have decent stitches but sometimes they don't hold well, sometimes they hold great, and I have no sewing machine. And What is an easy way to determine shape and size of the ovals needed in said oddish? I can see the heighth being half the circumference you would want on the oddish's face area, but is there any special width needs? or do you just make them any width and make as many the same size as would make the thing round?

VampirateMace

Internet Overlord
Yes... I think you have it right...

Yes, sew the ankle area of it's foot right into the seam no leg needed, or make the pattern with silght leg if you like...

Yes, I sew them by hand, felt and embrodary thread... no special needs, you can measure things to make sure the eyes line up, but that's about it...

Mooseman5775

I just made aa torchic, which my mom helped with, and am working on a Drifloon, although it looks diffrent than yours, VampirateMace. So far its turning out pretty well. If I can I will try to show them to you guys

***Latios***

I FOUND THE KEYS!!!
thanks for the tutorial man!
i could use it to make plushies for my family and for me! XD

i feel like making a dialga (not life sized yet.........)

.:Lemon Tea:.

Crystallized decay
Ouoi! This sounds interesting I can't wait to try it out. I'm not that into pokemon, but my 7 year old neighbor will enjoy this when I babysit her!

Sammi

Banned
Life size plushies? How 'bout a Wailord? Kill your money. XD

This is overall, a good tutorial. My mom and I can work on these together. She's excellent at sewing. You should'a seen the dress she made for me when I was four.

I'm gonna start on a Torchic... Or a Plusle... Or... Hmm... Corsola... When I get better, I'm doing Mismagius. Hah- I'll sew all my favorite Pokemon and make a Pokeroom. It'd be fun to sew a Wailmer couch... Or a Snorlax bed.

tpl2000

love = good pie
i will (find $50) and give $50 to anyone who sends me a snorlax bed.... or a life sized cushion.

VampirateMace

Internet Overlord
i will (find $50) and give $50 to anyone who sends me a snorlax bed.... or a life sized cushion.

it would cost more to make, most likely... besides, this isn't a request or spam thread, it's a tutorial... designed to teach you to make it if you want to...

Alzi

Toon link
I like the new one you made in your sig i might try make the oddish one, but i might need my mum's help since i'm not that good at it i tried it before and did alot of mistakes.

Team Blast

Back from the dead.
great job! id wanna see umbreon, so i might make one.

would you suggest a beginer do a totodile because thats my favorite pokemon but i dont know how i would go about making him or should i start of simple?

plz pm me with suggetions

Last edited:

beenachu

<= Got you, at last!
This is great!
I wanna make a Piplup.
Seems fairly easy to make.
First I wanna make a cute small one, probably around the size of my palm.
Than I'll make a life-size one.
Around 1" sounds interesting. xD