• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Plushie Tutorial

Sceptile Master

Survivor of the Great Avatar Depression
I read the thing about Unown on the last page, now I want to make one...
I'd figure Unown I, maybe K, possibly O, P, maybe Q, R, maybe T, and X would be easy. I would've put Unown ! if it didn't have the lazy eye.
So, I'm thinking about Unown X, so, any tips for that?
*Note that I know crap about sewing, however I did read your Oddish tutuorial*

SquirtlemanRules

Pokemon Master
any advice for making a pichu.
Like how do I get the Head on the body?
I plan on making it life-size (1ft according to pokedex)
And how do I make the tail stay up?

VampirateMace

Internet Overlord
Same as before... don't make any letter's leg too thin, use wires/pipecleaners, don't use google eyes if you're going for something with any sort of class.

Sew the head and body seams together while the body is still open in the back (or on the side) and inside-out. Use wires/pipecleaners to support the tail.

SquirtlemanRules

Pokemon Master
Wait, so do you mean Make the body first then sew the head on?
Or make the head and the body seperate?

VampirateMace

Internet Overlord
Uh... both,

Cut out the patterns for the head and body, sew the body all but two seams (the final one andf the one that attaches to the head), and sew the head all but the seam that attaches to the body. Then sew the two attaching seams together.

Frexel

Hey~ I'm back~
Whee this awesome tutorial of awesome round-ness gave me inspiration.. only I'm having an issue here..

Click here to see the pieces!

Now, see, I'm trying to make a Drifloom. Only I have no idea how to make the cloud part..I'm thinking just using felt will look too..much like a hat?..um, are there any suggestions?
^^; I think just using stuffing will get dirty and yucky..o.o; I'm at such a loss.

Last edited:

Eclipse

I AM GONE.
I made an Unown plush ages ago, and it turned out great. I didn't use pipecleaners, and my eye was just a circle of white material with a smaller black material inside. It's hard getting the the aphendages all the same length, though.

I'll post a pic if I can get hold of Mum's camera.

Frexel

Hey~ I'm back~
^^ hehee, sorry for the trouble. I figured it out! I will post a picture when I get to it, is that alright?

Rika_of_Thunder

a sleepy creature
QUICK QUESTION!

*ahem* Would it be a good idea, to make pokeplushies, following the designs of the My Pokemon ranch characters? I haven't sewn anything in a few years.... but even the oddish seems simpler that way XD My only worry is that, if I plan on making absol (my fav) How would I do that little swoopy thing on its head? Even chibified, it still presents a problem....

VampirateMace

Internet Overlord
Good idea? Maybe if you like the way Ranch looks... I don't much care for the way it looks, if fact it's rare that an offical 3D pokemon looks good... cause they really cut coners making the pokemon consol games...

Pipecleaners inside the razor shape... it's not to complex a shape...

Rika_of_Thunder

a sleepy creature
One of the only reason I downloaded it was because i liked how they looked XD
so yeah : D
I didn't mean the razor~ I meant the other thing on its head, the white part that swoops down, also, how would I attach the white part of its head to the blue part? Without making the white part flat on the front? I tried a little while ago, but failed misserably :(

VampirateMace

Internet Overlord
Okay, you're going to need to make a flap to go on the inside of the white that hangs down, because if you look, it's hanging down like bangs. If you're having trouble, try making a paper model first so you don't waste/ruin your fabric. once you get it right you can take it apart and use it for a pattern.

cyndaquil2479

Shiny Trainer
excuse me for asking this may be a dumb question but what is a pipe cleaner? also can you maybe make a pattern for minun cuz i want to try it out on him if you can make it i'd really appreciate it

VampirateMace

Internet Overlord
I don't have a pattern (though I may find time to make one) a pipecleaner (which has other names, but I don't know how to spell them. Edit: Pipecleaners were orginally used to clean tabaco pipes, the things we call pipe cleaners today are thicker and come in lots more colors.) is where a couple of wires have been wrapped around some fuzzy material to create a fuzzy wire. I know that's a bad discription, but regular wire or a chopped coathanger will work.

Last edited: