• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Plz Rate my deck (Spellcaster Lockdown)

2fast2good

Here my recent deck, about spellcasters.

Mosters:
Magician's Valkyria x3
Breaker the Magical Warrior x3
Defender, the magical knight x3
Chaos Sorcerer x2
Magical Marionette x2
The tricky x2
Magical Exemplar x2
Old vindictive Magician x1
Jowgen the spiritualist x1
Crystal seer x1

Spells:

Spell power Grasp x3
Secret Village of Spellcaster x3
Arcane Barrier x2
Magical Dimension x2
Book of moon x2
Cold Wave x1
Terraforming x1
Sword of revealing light x1
Mystical Space Typhoon x1
Lightning vortex x1

Traps:
Royal decree x3
Magician's Circle x2
Solemn Judgement x1
Torrential Tribute x1
Scrap-Iron Scarecrow x1

Total of 45 cards

The strategy is simple, try to lockdown the opponent from active spells (Secret Village), traps (royal decree), and attacks (Magician¡s Valkyria), also with "defender, the magical knight" try to stop the destruction from effect monsters and jowgen for special summons. Chaos sorcerer and Marionette for big monsters, breakers for the continuos spell o trap card.

Please rate my deck and your help are welcome.

~Sirnight~

Come along, dear
It's nice to see someone posting a deck for the first time and it not being a failure. Also when the person knows what they're doing, always apreciated.

I'd say that with Decree, you don't want to run certain Traps that are too specific or too situational, i.e. Magician's Circle and Scarecrow. Mirror Force and Torrential Tribute are good because you don't have to save them for too long and can be used instantly if need be. In the Spells, I was never a fan of Arcane Barrier, and it feels like it'll make your opponent want to destroy your backrow more. Cold Wave might be a bad choice with your Books and Magical Dimensions wanting to go off during your opponent's turn.

And I'm really no expert on the monsters here. I just think Tricky isn't so hot since you want to focus more on your Marionettes and other Counter control. Dark Red Enchanter could be fun in it's place though.

2fast2good

well, the magician circle, let me special summon the valkyrias and the marionette faster because let me put a spellcaster with 2000 or less attack. Arcane barrier is for draw cards, but im no so happy with this card, cold wave for turns no have decree or village to save me from opponent counters. And tricky is more for his effect because i always need a spellcaster on the field for the village.

~Sirnight~

Come along, dear
All good reasons, but they can just be more practical, is all.

well, the magician circle, let me special summon the valkyrias and the marionette faster because let me put a spellcaster with 2000 or less attack.

Oh it's an awesome card, don't get me wrong, especially for Marionette. I was just questioning using it in tandem with Decree.

Arcane barrier is for draw cards, but im no so happy with this card,

Eh. If you can get it to work then I guess it helps.

cold wave for turns no have decree or village to save me from opponent counters.

Fine and dandy, but it just seems like it could backfire.

And tricky is more for his effect because i always need a spellcaster on the field for the village.

True, but with all the other monsters you get out, he just seems kind of pointless. Usually Tricky helps to discard stuff or Synchro or tribute, but it just doesn't seem to help in this case, imo.