• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

PM 2019: Pokémon That Have / Have Yet To Appear Based On The Poster

Rune Knight

Most if not every pokémon that was teased in a previous series poster eventually appeared in an episode. The poster for PM2019 features a variety of pokémon from every generation, some which have already been featured in some way or have yet to make their appearance.

Pocket_Monsters_2019_poster_artwork_3.png

This is a list that labels which pokémon has or hasn't appeared yet in the series. I will try to update it constantly so that it is up to date.

12/16/2022 UPDATE: In addition, this list will also account those who appear within the 11-episode miniseries meant to conclude Ash and Pikachu's story since the dub counts it as part of the same series.

I'll categorize each pokémon based on their generation and order them by their pokédex number. I will also be using the following labeling system:

Main Role EP # - Must at least have a prominent role or played a part in the episode.
Small Role EP # - Must at least be acknowledged by the characters or interact with them in some way.
Cameo EP # - Made a notable cameo.
Background EP # - Made a background appearance or appeared as an easter egg.
Confirmed EP # - Must be confirmed to appear in an upcoming episode by a reliable source.
Semi-Confirmed - Must be featured in some promotional material.
N/A - Has not made an appearance yet.

Bulbasaur Main Role EP 3
Charmander Small Role EP 2
Charizard Main Role EP 12
Squirtle Main Role EP 141
Pikachu Main Role EP 1

Raichu (Alola Form) Background EP 37
Jigglypuff Small Role EP 21
Diglett Main Role EP 52
Meowth Main Role EP 3
Gengar Main Role EP 11
Exeggutor (Alola Form) Main Role EP 37
Mr. Mime Main Role EP 2
Magikarp Main Role EP 24
Ditto Main Role EP 19
Eevee Main Role EP 49
Snorlax Main Role EP 5
Articuno Main Role EP 102
Zapdos Main Role EP 40
Moltres Main Role EP 68
Dragonite Main Role EP 10
Mew Main Role EP 1

Cyndaquil Main Role EP 9
Hoothoot Main Role EP 9
Cleffa Main Role EP 83

Igglybuff N/A
Togepi Background EP 04
Mareep Small Role EP 46
Sudowoodo Small Role EP 2

Espeon Main Role EP 79
Umbreon Main Role EP 79
Unown Main Role EP 83
Wobbuffet Main Role EP 3

Mantine Cameo EP 143
Smeargle Background EP 42
Smoochum Background EP 30

Lugia Main Role EP 2
Ho-Oh Main Role EP 9

Blaziken Main Role EP 47
Pelipper Main Role EP 3
Gardevoir Main Role EP 19
Flygon Main Role EP 36
Altaria Main Role EP 103
Absol Main Role EP 64
Salamence Main Role EP 84
Latias Main Role EP 137
Latios Main Role EP 146

Rayquaza Small Role EP 32
Jirachi Small Role EP 32

Piplup Main Role EP 8
Chatot Small Role EP 95
Garchomp Main Role EP 83
Lucario Main Role EP 25
Croagunk Main Role EP 8
Weavile Main Role EP 133

Rhyperior Small Role EP 24
Electivire Main Role EP 68
Magmortar N/A
Glaceon Main Role EP 87
Mamoswine Small Role EP 89
Dusknoir Small Role EP 75

Froslass N/A
Diagla Main Role EP 89
Palkia Main Role EP 89

Regigigas Small Role EP 113
Shaymin N/A

Snivy Small Role EP 142
Tepig Cameo EP 48
Oshawott Main Role EP 140
Audino N/A
Whimsicott N/A

Cofagrigus Main Role EP 14
Zoroark Main Role EP 112
Minccino Main Role EP 35

Chandelure N/A
Braviary Main Role EP 14
Stunfisk Main Role EP 40

Reshiram Cameo EP 48
Zekrom Cameo EP 48

Greninja Main Role EP 108
Fletchling Small Role EP 25
Talonflame Small Role EP 68

Goomy Cameo EP 5
Noibat Cameo EP 66

Rowlet Small Role EP 138
Litten Cameo EP 48
Pyukumuku Small Role EP 37
Mimikyu Small Role EP 76
Tapu Koko Small Role EP 112

Zeraora N/A
Meltan N/A

Grookey Main Role EP 59
Cinderace (Previously Raboot / Scorbunny) Main Role EP 45
Sobble Main Role EP 28
Corviknight Main Role EP 100
Yamper Main Role EP 2
Zacian Main Role EP 42
Zamazenta Main Role EP 42

Feel free to speculate. Please let me know if I missed or misplaced any as well.

Last edited:

PsychoLogical

Black and White, Yin and Yang, Light and Dark.
Am I allowed to add that you missed Blaziken? It’s a bit faded/blurry but it’s right in between the 3 Hoenn Dragons at the Volcano. (will try to point out any more that you missed)

Rune Knight

Am I allowed to add that you missed Blaziken? It’s a bit faded/blurry but it’s right in between the 3 Hoenn Dragons at the Volcano. (will try to point out any more that you missed)

Added it! Thanks. I'm sure I missed other ones as well.

Last edited:

Pokemon Power

You really think every Pokemon on the poster will make an appearance this season? The only way I think they would incorporate all those legendary Pokemon would be for Ash and Goh to visit the Crown Tundra, perhaps to compare the legendary birds with their Galarian forms.

ShinyCharyZard

Too old for your rubbish..
You really think every Pokemon on the poster will make an appearance this season? The only way I think they would incorporate all those legendary Pokemon would be for Ash and Goh to visit the Crown Tundra, perhaps to compare the legendary birds with their Galarian forms.

I remember hearing that they're trying to showcase as many Pokemon as possible this saga, which makes the few Pokemon on that poster pretty likely to pop up..

PsychoLogical

I remember hearing that they're trying to showcase as many Pokemon as possible this saga, which makes the few Pokemon on that poster pretty likely to pop up..
I’ve also heard that, likely explains why alot of pkmn that haven’t been seen for years like Dusclops, Mothim, and very recently Armaldo have started to show up again.

PsychoLogical

Forgot to ask, you plan on updating appearances like if a mon had a minor role but then later on will be shown in a bigger role?

Rock Captain 99

Following the dreams!!
I don't think all the pokemon on poster will have a major role. Them appearing in minor role should be enough for consideration.

PsychoLogical

I don't think all the pokemon on poster will have a major role. Them appearing in minor role should be enough for consideration.
That’s what’s he doing. If a mon appears with a minor role it gets labeled that way, same if the mon gets a major role. Minor roles get updated to Major roles if it happens.

Rune Knight

If they just appear in the background, then it doesn't count.

If they play a minor part in an episode, they'll be labelled as having a small roll. If they get a much larger role later on, they'll be updated to having major roll in that episode.

A good example is Gengar. It first appeared in episode 2 when a trainer called it out to fight Lugia and had a fair amount of screen time. However, it had a much larger roll in episode 11 with an entire episode dedicated to it so that takes priority.

Rune Knight

Team Rocket tried to steal a Pyukumuku in this week's episode. That counts, right?

I didn't see it but uh, judging by the images it looks like it was just used as a placeholder and only appeared for one or two panels. Doesn't look like it was called out by name either. So I would say it doesn't count.

Yeah I just checked, it literally had like less than 2 seconds of screen time lol.

Pokemon Power

I didn't see it but uh, judging by the images it looks like it was just used as a placeholder and only appeared for one or two panels. Doesn't look like it was called out by name either. So I would say it doesn't count.

Yeah I just checked, it literally had like less than 2 seconds of screen time lol.
Agree to disagree. I say it counts as a small role.

Rune Knight

Ooooohhhhh myyyyyy goooooddd that new opening is so good!!!!11

I updated the list to include The Legendary Bird Trio as Semi-Confirmed (Via Opening). Even though the other Legendaries appear via images, I'll leave them as they are for now because I feel like they're mostly included to represent their respective regions, although I do expect them to appear later on.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
Ooooohhhhh myyyyyy goooooddd that new opening is so good!!!!11

I updated the list to include The Legendary Bird Trio as Semi-Confirmed (Via Opening). Even though the other Legendaries appear via images, I'll leave them as they are for now because I feel like they're mostly included to represent their respective regions, although I do expect them to appear later on.

I'd say so, similar to how the regional starters were all shown in the last one yet we only saw the Kanto starters, Cyndaquil and Piplup, Scorbunny and Sobble(RIP Grookey :( )