• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

June 14th: PM2019 024 - Rest, Rocket Gang!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

PsychoLogical

Black and White, Yin and Yang, Light and Dark.
Wait how do we know Magikarp is being caught here? He could catch it at the start of episode 26
Where else would he catch it? Ash and Go are heading to the Resort Area in Sinnoh where we know it's known for outrageously high level Magikarp. And why tf would he catch one at the start of ep 26?? It says at the first segment of ep 26 that hes using his Magikarp for a competition which indicates that he caught it in an previous ep.

Red and Blue

Where else would he catch it? Ash and Go are heading to the Resort Area in Sinnoh where we know it's known for outrageously high level Magikarp. And why tf would he catch one at the start of ep 26?? It says at the first segment of ep 26 that hes using his Magikarp for a competition which indicates that he caught it in an previous ep.
He has caught Pokemon at the start of episodes before. He caught a Ratatta at the beginning of episode 19 and a Tentacool at the beginning of episode 8.

If he doesn't get a Magikarp in this episode it's not a stretch he decides to catch one at the start of episode 26 to enter the competition

Jangobadass

Fear the Chicken!
Funny how this is like the only upcoming episode that we know almost nothing about lol.

It's a filler (semi-filler?) about the TRio, so barely anyone cares. Especially with the episodes afterwards being about bigger, more interesting things (Korrina, Raihan, and Sobble, oh my!)

Though I AM more interested/excited for this than the 2-for-1 episode.

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member

If they happen to pass by Route 226, maybe Goh can get the German (or whatever language the Japanese version used) Magikarp by that Meister guy.

...Hopefully without doing the glitch that gets you permanently stuck on his island.

Red and Blue

Very likely because not even focusing on the main recurrent criminal organization is important to the grand scheme of things.

Or because it's filler.
Honestly having Team Rocket as the main criminal antagonists makes sense since Team Yell barely qualifies as a villainous team. Giovanni could want Eternatus and ally with Rose

ShadowForce720

That would completely derail Rose's established character and motivations.

...Though this show isn't alien to derailing personalities but rather the mayor.

Not necessarily as it could be a case where Giovanni manipulates Rose. Because Rose might not know about Team Rocket r that Giovanni is the boss of it.

So Giovanni could lie and tell Rose that he will help him use Eternatus for the benefit of Galar only to wind up backstabbing Rose after they acquire Eternatus or at a certain point of Giovanni’s plan.

EmberFireTrainer

An anomaly
There have been numerous times where I actually liked the Team Rocket trio focused episodes better than the Ash and company episodes. Just maybe this will be the case here. What I'm excited about is the trio cooperating and teaming up with the twerps. I always found the episodes interesting in where the trio goes against Team Rocket.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang

...Though this show isn't alien to derailing personalities but rather the mayor.

Hey, at least anime!Shauna was an improvement over her game counterpart....

DuquÊ?

Too lazy to pick a pic
Go can suddenly catch a Feebas in a toilet out of nowhere.
That would be the funniest capture after May literally catching munchlax by its stomach, years ago.

Even more if Go somewhat gets a level 100 magikarp just to notice he can't evolve it.

Sometimes, is for better. I definetly prefer Lisandre's, Lusamine's and Guzma's characterizations in the anime than in the games.

Last edited:

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
Hey, at least anime!Shauna was an improvement over her game counterpart....
Her game counterpart was spared of not participating in a shoddy girls-only contest and was actually helpful to the player.
Sometimes, is for better. I definetly prefer Lisandre's, Lusamine's and Guzma's characterizations in the anime than in the games.
Eh, I have different thoughts.

Lysandre was handled badly in either the official and unofficial representation. Seriously. There is absolutely no angle that convinces the viewer he's a good guy because everything he says and does is sooo filled with evil intentions it's not funny. It's like the universe just lets him get away with everything, which only makes Sycamore in the games (and ESPECIALLY Alain and EVERYONE else in the anime) look dumber by comparison. About the only part where I felt he was written well was during Pokemon Generations, where it did bother to show he was a villain with good publicity fostering Kalos technology...something neither the games or the anime show.

Lusamine was far better done in the games than in the anime because of the absurd amount of fishy stuff she did behind cameras and her neglectful treatment on her kids, all while looking like an adoring mother to Pokemon (though I personally like her Sun & Moon representation than her USUM one). The anime? She's reduced to a bumbling mother, basically altering the WHOLE story (because she literally was the epicenter of the plot in the games) so that Ash can go to school without the drama and Guzma loses his need to be useful to someone.

And on the topic of Guzma, he certainly is much better in the games than in anime, which didn't use him much and was immediately kicked out the moment he lost that no one even mentions his name. None of the stuff like getting beaten by his parents and then him beating THEM is brought up (again, because the anime is dumbed down for children) and his desperation to be acknowledged by anyone doesn't exist (something that could have been shown in the anime). In the games, all he wanted was to excel but then he lost the Island Challenge and formed a band of rejects with similar ideas, leading to unfortunate actions. In the anime? He's just REALLY butthurt, and he doesn't even get closure with Kukui, who may have as well forgotten about him when he left the building. Meanwhile, his cronies aren't exactly rejects of society but people who simply got screwed because they are simply hilariously awful at being normal people.

Last edited:

Leonhart

Imagineer
EmberFireTrainer said:
There have been numerous times where I actually liked the Team Rocket trio focused episodes better than the Ash and company episodes. Just maybe this will be the case here. What I'm excited about is the trio cooperating and teaming up with the twerps. I always found the episodes interesting in where the trio goes against Team Rocket.

I generally prefer Rocket-dan themed episodes over episodes that follow Satoshi's travels, and this case isn't much different even though I'm not as excited to see Matori again. I don't care much for seeing the Rocket-dan trio sabotage a member of their own organization, even if Matori tends to be rather cold and deserving of humiliation.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
Her game counterpart was spared of not participating in a shoddy girls-only contest and was actually helpful to the player.

And after the game, she's just stuck in front of the PC's house like she is some kind of security guard or... a watchdog. It's almost creepy if you ask me.

Lusamine was far better done in the games than in the anime because of the absurd amount of fishy stuff she did behind cameras and her neglectful treatment on her kids, all while looking like an adoring mother to Pokemon (though I personally like her Sun & Moon representation than her USUM one).

USUM Lusamine is... Weird. They've tried to make her less evil but mixed that with the recycled SM stuff making the end result look... Kind of nonsensical. Never once she is called out for her shady stuff regardless she intended on protecting the region from Necrozma or not.

They should have just kept vanilla SM Lusamine as she is and then make it so the motherbeast mess just makes Necrozma go on a rampage or something.

None of the stuff like getting beaten by his parents and then him beating THEM is brought up (again, because the anime is dumbed down for children)

I don't remember the games mentioning that. At least, when I checked Guzma's house I don't recall seeing any bit about being a victim of parental abuse. Probably missed something

PsychoLogical

Black and White, Yin and Yang, Light and Dark.
I don't remember the games mentioning that. At least, when I checked Guzma's house I don't recall seeing any bit about being a victim of parental abuse. Probably missed something
You ever remember seeing broken golf clubs around the left corner in the house? That's supposedly the result of Guzma's father beating him with them.

D

Deleted member 384931

Tbh I am still dissapointed with Guzmas and Kukuis story, how it ended. Felt so flat.

And idk how to describe Gous relationship with Team Rocket

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
And after the game, she's just stuck in front of the PC's house like she is some kind of security guard or... a watchdog. It's almost creepy if you ask me.

Not as creepy as RS!Wally blocking people's path at the Victory Road.

Those broken golf clubs tell a darker story than they let on.

(They should have involved Kahili in some way for that, by the way.)

And idk how to describe Gous relationship with Team Rocket
He's Twerp #16 (yes, I counted Todd as well). Nothing else.

Ash is a Twerp but not counted because he exists as long as TRio exists and vice versa.

Status
Not open for further replies.