• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

June 28th: PM2019 026 - Splash, Koiking! / Crown Yourself, Yadoking!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Red and Blue

If they do give Ash Slowking it could be the ambassador of Sakuragi Lab. Given how intelligent it is it could find ways to prevent future riots like the food shortage

Poke Master 7

Boulder Trainer
No, it absolutely is not. At all. Like, it's never going to be too late to try something new. That's why we got all the bending-over-backwards Tomioka, Asada, Iwane and the production assistants did for Diamond & Pearl. "You can't just personally insure the quality of the Shinji and Hikari storylines yourself!" And then...they did it. After what was then thirteen years of not planning the schedule ahead at all to rearrange the entire production so that Iwane could solo #177-178, #191 and do key animation for #185 and #189 and so that Tomioka could personally write 62 episodes of DP by himself, so that Asada could personally storyboard and direct all of the Iwane solo'd episodes.

"Hey, let's do something interesting and new!!"
"But we've never done that before!!"
"That's why it's new!!!"
The 2 things are not even comparable. What this is isn’t a matter of plotting out the course of how the series is, it is basically changing the way that episodes are presented from a singular 22 minute format to 2 11 minute unrelated segments 26 episodes into a series. It’s not just something that sticks out from the format of the entire anime as a whole but from the very season of the anime that the episode belongs to. If you’re going to pick a time to try to change a format, the beginning of the new series is the time to do it, not over half a year into it. At least then it doesn’t stick out like a sore thumb and raise the question of why they suddenly are doing an 11 minute segment as opposed to an actual episode.

dman_dustin

Ugh is anyone excited for this?

I'd be more excited for this episode if this aired AFTER the Sobble episode, but whatever, I guess maybe Sobble being captured might imply that it'll get heavily featured in the following episodes, so this episode wouldn't have worked.....IDK......

DannyDiglett

Gosh, can we have a saga without Snorlax and Magikarp episodes? At least use Feebas instead.

I very much agree with this. It's always those two. There are so many other Pokémon that derserve some attention in the anime. I think about the aforementioned Feebas but also species like Goldeen/Seaking, Finneon/Lumineon, and non-fish species like Shuckle, Cherubi/Cherrim, Bronzor/Bronzong, Maractus etc.

We'll have to deal with Magikarp again. I am happy with Slowking though. Long time no see!

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
If they do give Ash Slowking it could be the ambassador of Sakuragi Lab. Given how intelligent it is it could find ways to prevent future riots like the food shortage

I'd be frustrated if they did, nothing against Slowking but more the fact his capture didn't even get a whole episode dedicated to it!
They can pull that crap with the guy whose captures don't mean squat, but not Ash.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
Slowking doesn't fit ash at all
Its very very slow

It could work, I'd just prefer Slowking get a whole episode so we can get to know it. Seeing how Gengar was the only one so far to get any action not long after his debut, and based on what we know of future episodes Slowking would just be sitting at the lab for awhile

Yuugis Black Magician

Namaikina Imouto
I wonder how much stress Iwane had to go through there, especially since there weren't as many talented animators on the show back then. This just proves how much of a vision DP had tbh

I know Iwane has said that working on the Shin'ou League was a super special time that he'll never forget. I'm not surprised, he was basically the only good animator on Diamond & Pearl outside of the occasional cool scene from Tamagawa Akihiro, and then the entire production shifted around--affecting the schedule for quite a while:

EPISODE #170: 四天王キクノ!カバルドンVSドダイトス!! (April 1, 2010) (Key Animation)

EPISODE #172: トゲキッス!華麗なるバトル!! (April 15, 2010) (Solo)

EPISODE #176: セミファイナル!決勝へ進むのは!? (May 13, 2010) (Key Animation)

EPISODE #177: 決着ライバル対決!ヒカリVSノゾミ!! (May 20, 2010) (Solo)

EPISODE #183: 開幕!シンオウリーグ・スズラン大会!! (July 1, 2010) (A-Part: Natsume Kunihiko; B-Part: Iwane Masa'aki)

EPISODE #187: 激闘フルバトル!サトシ対シンジ!! (August 12, 2010) (Solo)

EPISODE #188: 決着ライバルバトル!サトシ対シンジ!! (August 19, 2010) (Solo)

EPISODE #189: シンオウリーグ準決勝!ダークライ登場!! (August 26, 2010) (Key Animation)

EPISODE #191: 想い出はパール!友情はダイヤモンド!! (September 9, 2010) (Finale) (Solo)

Pocket Monster: Best Wishes (58 credits, 20 solo Episodes)

EPISODE #01: イッシュ地方へ!ゼクロムの影!! (September 23, 2010) (Key Animation)

EPISODE #03: ミジュマル!メグロコ!危機一髪!! (September 30, 2010) (Key Animation)

EPISODE #05: サンヨウジム!VSバオップ、ヒヤップ、ヤナップ!! (October 14, 2010) (A-Part: Natsume Kunihiko; B-Part: Iwane Masa'aki)

EPISODE #10: ライバルバトル!強敵プルリル!! (November 18, 2010) (Key Animation)

EPISODE #11: イシズマイ!自分の家をとりもどせ!! (December 2, 2010) (Key Animation)

EPISODE #13: チラーミィはきれいずき!? (December 16, 2010) (Solo)

EPISODE #17: タマゴからかえったあばれん坊! (January 20, 2011) (Key Animation)

EPISODE #18: ヤグルマの森!クルミルとアーティ!! (January 27, 2011) (Solo)

It wasn't until Best Wishes #13 and #18 that Iwane was able to re-enter the production schedule rotation because of how much of the end of DP he did himself.

The 2 things are not even comparable. What this is isn’t a matter of plotting out the course of how the series is, it is basically changing the way that episodes are presented from a singular 22 minute format to 2 11 minute unrelated segments 26 episodes into a series. It’s not just something that sticks out from the format of the entire anime as a whole but from the very season of the anime that the episode belongs to. If you’re going to pick a time to try to change a format, the beginning of the new series is the time to do it, not over half a year into it. At least then it doesn’t stick out like a sore thumb and raise the question of why they suddenly are doing an 11 minute segment as opposed to an actual episode.

They basically changed how the series worked. Long battles with a hypnoic repetition of animation ala Shin Seiki Evangelion mixed with high-quality original animation. The series had never done that up to that point. Full-on extended arcs with nary a traditional 'unimportant' episode? Already a change to the format.

This episode could be two plots intertwined into one full episode or it could just be those plots played straight, without unnecessary cutting back-and-forth. Why in the hell are you afraid of something new after twenty-three years of the same thing?

Kazuniya

read/watch dungeon meshi
This episode could be two plots intertwined into one full episode or it could just be those plots played straight, without unnecessary cutting back-and-forth. Why in the hell are you afraid of something new after twenty-three years of the same thing?
Because fans don't like change.

Ironically, they will also complain about the lack of change. Damned if you do, damned if you don't.

Mythical-Moonlight

I just ran, I ran all Night and Day ~
Ugh is anyone excited for this?
It's a meeting mixed bag for me.

On one hand, I'm tired of Magikarp/Gyarados since we see it so often and I don't particularly care about Slowpoke/Slowking

But on the other hand, this show has Succeeded my expectations so far that I still will probably find the episode enjoyable regardless. Plus I'm curious to see what happens with Ash.

Plus even if it turns out to be bad worse case scenario is it'll just be harmless and boring anyways

Kazuniya

read/watch dungeon meshi
The Sunday death slot change is polarizing as is.
"The Sunday death slot"

Please. What a ridiculous phrase.

Y'all acting like the anime is on its death bed for, what, 3rd time?

I remember when this anime was going to die back in the time of BW because it was so atrocious. Or was it SM when the anime was going to die because THE RATINGS WERE SO LOW COMPARED TO XY? Maybe third time is the charm? (Of course not, only a moron would think that lmao)

Status
Not open for further replies.