• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

June 28th: PM2019 026 - Splash, Koiking! / Crown Yourself, Yadoking!

Status
Not open for further replies.

PsychoLogical

Black and White, Yin and Yang, Light and Dark.
They're able to fit that giant Golurk, so I think they'll be fine for now.

They'll hit a snag on where to put Goh's excess Pokemon eventually.
Go back to Oak’s lab? :d

Sun and moon *failed* at telling a coherent story coming from the guy who believes XY story to be 100 percent coherent, even the obvious hype bits. Yeah no point in talking about this anymore lmao

“ the guy who believes XY story to be 100 percent coherent “

Lol, you’re right there’s no point in talking about it when I’ve never said this and you put words in my mouth :rolleyes:

Sword master zacian

Ash needs to work with his strategy with slow/stationary mons... Dynamax works similarly because of them being huge... I mean, Ash has to be strategically flexible in order to be able to go toe-to-toe against Hyper Class trainers...
If normap slowking gets a g-max form i would be ok but if its a normal dynamax then...

Leonhart

Imagineer
thedarkdragon11 said:
Ash needs to work with his strategy with slow/stationary mons... Dynamax works similarly because of them being huge... I mean, Ash has to be strategically flexible in order to be able to go toe-to-toe against Hyper Class trainers...

I think that if he truly needs work on slower battle tactics, then that could be remedied in a different way instead of him capturing Yadoking solely for that purpose.

Sword master zacian

I think that if he truly needs work on slower battle tactics, then that could be remedied in a different way instead of him capturing Yadoking solely for that purpose.
I don't think ash is very good with slow pokemon
He can't even use boldore,melmetal and torterra properly to take out their full potential
That's why i don't want ash to get slow pokemon
Max of ash's slow pokemon are the worst pokemon he ever had leaving melmetal

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
He can't even use boldore,melmetal and torterra properly to take out their full potential

Melmetal's problem wasn't that it was slow, it just hadn't gotten used to its new form. Once they mastered Double Iron Bash, it fought perfectly fine.

And when did he have issues with Boldore?

And Torterra overcame its slowness. Its problem was the writers constantly screwing it over.

Blue Saturday

Violet Prince❤️
Melmetal's problem wasn't that it was slow, it just hadn't gotten used to its new form. Once they mastered Double Iron Bash, it fought perfectly fine.

And when did he have issues with Boldore?

And Torterra overcame its slowness. Its problem was the writers constantly screwing it over.
Yeah, the idea that Satoshi sucks with slow Pokémon was always a bit of fanon that slipped into peoples lives canon ideology.

He was always good with Kabigon back in the day as well, in fact its eccentric body was what helped it get his last Jouto badge. I can’t help but get nostalgic and waking up Saturday morning to watch it put in work with taking out two very strong Frontier Brain Fighting-type Pokemon by itself. :)

thedarkdragon11

P4P Elite

Agree... But Slowking can be Ash's slowest so far, so slow that he needs to greatly adjust... But I really doubt he would capture one...

Yes... That's why he needs to train utilizing slower mons soon...

dman_dustin

The only reason I can imagine why they'd give Slowking to Ash is to contrast Go's eventual Galarian Slowking, and I do think Slowking would technically fit Ash more than Slowbro, since I feel like they put a bit more effort into Slowking's design, although that's probably natural since they had more time to put effort into Slowking's design.

I only doubt this, because I doubt Ash and Go will have contrasting Pokemon like this. Maybe one, but I don't know if Slowking makes any sense. Unlike maybe Galarian Darmanitan.

And we speculate Go will get Galarian Farfetch'd even when he has a normal Farfetch'd.

So I can't imagine the theme being Ash will have either the normal variant or the Galarian variant with Ash getting the other.

Like I said maybe one of them, once, could happen as a contrast, but I doubt any more than that. And I can't imagine why they'd focus on Ash hypothetically getting Slowking just to have Go get the Galarian version. In other words I'm not sure why they would choose Slowking of the possible contrasting Pokemon to showcase.

SlimKennedy

I actually like the idea of Ash getting some more obscure Pokémon that people wouldn't really expect of him. Plus, he did have a Slowpoke in the Electric Take of Pikachu manga. Granted, he did trade it for a picture of Gary's sister.

Leonhart

Imagineer
SlimKennedy said:
I actually like the idea of Ash getting some more obscure Pokémon that people wouldn't really expect of him. Plus, he did have a Slowpoke in the Electric Take of Pikachu manga. Granted, he did trade it for a picture of Gary's sister.

That manga isn't canon, so I'm not quite sure why him owning a Yadon there should affect him getting a Yadoking here. It's not that I have anything against the species in general, I just question why the writers would have Satoshi capture another Water-type so close to his acquisition of Messon, or why it would happen without any noteworthy foreshadowing when all of his other captures in this series so far had tons of clues and fanfare in the weeks/months leading up to them.

Status
Not open for further replies.