1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

???: PM2019 028 - Messon Sobs For What Reason?

Discussion in 'Animé Spoilers' started by Dephender, May 8, 2020.

1. Dephender

Dephender Gizakawayusu Staff Member Moderator

While still in the Galar region, Satoshi and Go encounter a timid crybaby Pokémon called Messon. Messon is very cowardly and quick to cry, and the components of its tears cause Satoshi and Go to be unable to stop crying as well. Not only that, but since Messon turns invisible when it touches water, it appears its own tears make it disappear, so Satoshi and the others lose sight of it. And then the Rocket Gang arrive in the Galar region...

Screenplay 土屋理敬 (Michihiro Tsuchiya)
    Storyboard 齋藤徳明 (Noriaki Saito)
    Episode Director 小柴純弥 (Junya Koshiba)
    Animation Director 矢田木瀧 (Taki Yatagi)
    Animation Director 志村泉 (Izumi Shimura)

Last edited: May 8, 2020
  2. Mythical-Moonlight

Mythical-Moonlight Well-Known Member

Can't wait for this one! My baby Sobble!

Is Team Rocket what scared it?

3. Sword master zacian

Sword master zacian Well-Known Member

So a typical team rocket helping ash catching a pokemon by doing by trying to steal it
    But main point making it super hyped the boy sobble's debut and get caught by ash

Kawaii Emolga likes this.
  4. DuquÊ?

DuquÊ? Too lazy to pick a pic

Sobble = Blue Diamond.

It looks your average capture episode + Team Rocket battle to give confidence to the mon. But, nice to see info coming out.

Last edited: May 11, 2020
  5. Soniman

Soniman Break the Limit

The reason is it's episode got delayed indefinite

6. Dephender

Dephender Gizakawayusu Staff Member Moderator

The summary implies they aren't even in Galar yet at the point Satoshi and Go first encounter Messon

7. Zoruagible

Zoruagible Lover of underrated characters

lol
    Riolu is going to be the only capture Ash gets this saga that doesn't involve Team Rocket, isn't it?

I hope Team Rocket get something new here and aren't interfering, James needs something already!

8. MissAngel

MissAngel Drizzile=My Spirit Pokemon

At long last, the confirmed Sobble episode title. Considering this Pokemon is the one I have waited to see since we got the first title back in November, this episode summary is so standard it's underwhelming. Ah well. Should be cool to see Sobble in action a bit.

9. Sword master zacian

Team rocket chewtle should come back this episode as well please make it happen writer
    For james give him cramont but it will be too water types tr this time

CMButch and Kawaii Emolga like this.
  10. Blue Saturday

Blue Saturday too fly

Sounds like the first portion will be more the boys comedically trying to get a grip on Messon’s tears and establishing it as a coward. Second half will be about TR appearing and Messon using its signature crying talents as a way of defeating them. Somewhat standard formulaic capture I feel...hm...I think I would have preferred something more Hibunny-esque. I feel like the writers are leaning too far back into their old habits since TR were used as development/capture/evolution-catalyst a fair amount already? Surely they can introduce some rivals or other antagonists of importance?

Then again they could just be going to Galar for their own reasons like getting a Dynamax band or getting new ‘mon.

Last edited: May 8, 2020
  11. Red and Blue

Red and Blue Well-Known Member

Team Rocket tries to take Sobble, Ash saves it, then it accepts his offer to join his team.

Seems pretty straightforward

12. mehmeh1

mehmeh1 You can make a change

eh, I'm excited to see Sobble, but this episode sounds like the standard capture episode we've had since forever

13. lolipiece

lolipiece Where's your fighting spirit?! Staff Member Moderator

Neither this nor the previous ep have Sonia mentioned in the summary, so either she's being kept hidden for insert reason here or we're going back to Galar soon after this.

14. Red and Blue

So Sobble is just going to make Ash and his team cry whenever it's tears touch then? That would be funny considering Riolu is an actual baby

15. Yuugis Black Magician

Yuugis Black Magician Namaikina Imouto

Weird, Shimura Izumi usually helps Iwane correct his episodes. I wonder if the production is still wonky...

Applecorp, Egakor and KenzeyEevee like this.
  16. Sword master zacian

Also galrian farfetch'd isn't even there
    Hope if there another galar journeys grookey debuts as well

17. Mythical-Moonlight

Galarian Farfetch'd hasn't been mentioned either.

Yeah there definitely will be more Galar Episodes

Applecorp and Kawaii Emolga like this.
  18. Red and Blue

I figured that Galarian Farfetch'd could be caught in the background of episode 27. Go could catch it before the match between Leon and Raihan

19. Mythical-Moonlight

I don't think Team Rocket is after Sobble specifically. It seems a bit wierd for them to want Sobble of all Pokemon. I think they're here for something else. We just don't know what yet. There's probably more going on in the episode than the synopsis is letting on.

Leonhart likes this.
  20. WaterShuriken

WaterShuriken Well-Known Member

Sobble! Finally. I am excited to see how this crybaby grows into a dependable Inteleon under Ash's care.