• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

July 19th: PM2019 029 - One Crackling Fit of Jealousy: Wanpachi's Fantasy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Red and Blue

Wonder what Ash and Go will be doing this episode? Possibly just introducing their new Galarian Pokemon to the ones at the lab

Mythical-Moonlight

I just ran, I ran all Night and Day ~
Wonder what Ash and Go will be doing this episode? Possibly just introducing their new Galarian Pokemon to the ones at the lab
Maybe they're still in the Galar Region when this episode is happening.

This could be one of those "Let's see what the other characters are up to while the Protags are away" sort of thing

PsychoLogical

Black and White, Yin and Yang, Light and Dark.
Well it's not like we can think about it much since we wont be seeing this episode until July.

Red and Blue

Maybe they're still in the Galar Region when this episode is happening.

This could be one of those "Let's see what the other characters are up to while the Protags are away" sort of thing
Maybe. They did do something kind of similar in SM with one episode focusing on Ash and Torracat and another dealing with the rest of his Pokemon.

Jangobadass

Fear the Chicken!
Go is the Poke Girl. When has a second male ever gotten so much attention before? Never, but Poke Girls get that. There's also the fact Poke Girls get non-abused Fire-type starters. Therefore, he's a chick.
Gou's just on blockers. She'll start HRT once she's old enough.

Come to think of it, I'm a little surprised they DIDN'T make Goh a girl.:confused:

Just because the Alola girls were underwhelming doesn't mean they had to drop the PokeGirl of the series after all these years...

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
I'm surprised you guys are still obsessed with this "pokégirl" thing. And even the whole thing about Goh's gender (which always was a male to me)

ShinyCharyZard

Too old for your rubbish..
I couldn't care less about her classification as a "Pokegirl", whatever it means to fall into that category. I mean, she's the main female character within the series at this point, so.. what is she then?

What I want to see is a girl who isn't destined to stay in school and do chores whilst boys the same age can go out and do all the fun stuff. It doesn't seem fair at all.. and I personally believe that they wouldn't have made a point of her not being fond of her fathers career path if they weren't going to show the path she chooses for herself instead..

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
I couldn't care less about her classification as a "Pokegirl", whatever it means to fall into that category. I mean, she's the main female character within the series at this point, so.. what is she then?

A recurring character in the same vein as Renji and Kikuna (I think that's the name of the blue-haired chick who works as a lab assistant)

She is around Ash's and Goh's age because the producers wanted someone like that in the cast to act like "eye candy" for impressionable younger boys. What Hidaka said to PokéBeach back in the day still applies.

What I want to see is a girl who isn't destined to stay in school and do chores whilst boys the same age can go out and do all the fun stuff. It doesn't seem fair at all.. and I personally believe that they wouldn't have made a point of her not being fond of her fathers career path if they weren't going to show the path she chooses for herself instead..

They'll do something since plot's already been setup but I wouldn't expect them to make a big deal out of it. It'll be a good character moment/day in the limelight for Chloe and that'll be it.

You're not helping with that blushing Goh signature. Rarely do any male kids blush in this series.

So now we are saying that blushing is a thing only girls can do in this show?

By the way I know you are joking but I'm kind tired of all that fuss over Goh's gender (or sexuality) that's been around since he was revealed.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
So now we are saying that blushing is a thing only girls can do in this show?

By the way I know you are joking but I'm kind tired of all that fuss over Goh's gender (or sexuality) that's been around since he was revealed.
Ha ha. Of course I'm joking.

Though we all have to admit their treatment of companion female trainers is...not as good as it used to be. They've gotten girlier and girlier with each generation unless they're a Gym Leader older than 16. (Earliest example: Ash's Alola guys went camping to train, while the Alola girls...went shopping.)

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
I don't mind them portraying the girls with "girly" tendencies. Maybe they just wanted to balance things out after so many years of the girls being active trainers/battlers?

And even with the SM example... Well, Lana has been shown to be as competent as Ash and Kiawe, if not better in some activities (remember that ninja-esque training thing?) and Lillie got a lot of focus/growth up until motherbeast arc.

Either way I'll agree that they could have the girls (from Serena all the way pressumedly Chloe) doing more battles and battling-related activities. I miss more characters like Dawn who, while had some girlness going on her, still was portrayed as being as important as Ash, having a full team, being interested/doing training and of course battling.

Last edited:

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
Seriously?

We finally get an episode that likely fleshes out Chloe as a character! I think that's an awesome thing! It's about time she did more than just go to school and do chores, whilst the boys get to do the adventuring.. Maybe this plot line with Pidove is going to help her finally realise her passion, which is to become a trainer or something!
Honestly, while I'm excited for this episode, the most development I'm expecting from Chloe is that she better strengthens her bond with Yamper & starts to see it more as her pokemon.

Aside from that, I'm kind of hoping we'll get a flashback to see how Prof. Cerise and his family got Yamper in the first place.

ShinyCharyZard

Too old for your rubbish..
I honestly think that keeping the female characters as competent as they used to be should be the way to go. It's like they've taken a step backwards, deciding to show that rather than being equals, boys and girls have to be into completely different things and whilst boys get the adventure side of things, girls get.. school.. or shopping.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
I honestly think that keeping the female characters as competent as they used to be should be the way to go. It's like they've taken a step backwards, deciding to show that rather than being equals, boys and girls have to be into completely different things and whilst boys get the adventure side of things, girls get.. school.. or shopping.
Or, worse, they're not even traveling companions, in the case of Chloe.

Yuugis Black Magician

Namaikina Imouto
Gou's going to be poppin' them Estradiol in just a few years, don't y'all forget!!

Come to think of it, I'm a little surprised they DIDN'T make Goh a girl.:confused:

Just because the Alola girls were underwhelming doesn't mean they had to drop the PokeGirl of the series after all these years...

Underwhelming? Lilie, Mao and Suiren were super cute and hilarious. Hell, Mao was is one of the few characters in the franchise to get a storyline about their dead parent. Sun & Moon took the girls to the next level!

Status
Not open for further replies.