• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

PM2019 - Future episodes preview (Raihan, Sonia, Sobble and more!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
So it looks like potentially the scene in the preview was indicating Raboot's evolution. We just didn't know when it would be.

Well it wasn't today's episode, so we still need to look forward to that episode where Go is training Raboot and that will likely be the evolution episode.

It's pretty obviously the Sakuragi Park ep.

It's raining, and the light of evolution is Gou's Cascoon.

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
It’s just an assumption, but I think the anime could get back to airing new episodes by June. Perhaps it’s just the month of May that they’ll be on hiatus.
Personally, I'm under the assumption that the anime will be on hiatus forever based on how bad the pandemic is getting, especially since NBC said Asia is supposedly going through a second wave of the virus

ShadowForce720

Personally, I'm under the assumption that the anime will be on hiatus forever based on how bad the pandemic is getting, especially since NBC said Asia is supposedly going through a second wave of the virus

Again things will get better, and no the anime is not going to be on hiatus forever. As may I remind you there are plenty of things that gave been delayed or temporary close because of the virus.

For instance is a vast majority of anime and manga that are going on hiatus now going to be gone forever? No, there is no reason to expect that the titan that is Pokémon will not return with it’s anime.

Saying or presuming that the Pokémon anime is effectively canceled and is not going to return is just jumping to unnecessary conclusions that right now are unfounded.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
What was the point of giving us this preview when these episodes won't be released until a long time later? ☹️

At least we know good stuff is coming instead of getting a boat load of crap when it comes back.
Only shame is we have to get the stupid park episode first, would much rather have Team Rocket or Korrina next~

Dragalge

"Orange" Magical Girl
The coronavirus is very bad but to think the Pokemon anime will be on hiatus forever is absurd lol. They’re not about to completely halt the one huge thing to promote this franchise in spite of this pandemic.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Mr.Munchlax said:

It's hard to imagine them cancelling the entire series over one virus [or even subsequent pandemics]. By that logic, wouldn't all anime be cancelled as well since they're all pretty much produced the same way as Pokemon?

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
It's hard to imagine them cancelling the entire series over one virus [or even subsequent pandemics]. By that logic, wouldn't all anime be cancelled as well since they're all pretty much produced the same way as Pokemon?
Well that’s what I meant. Right now it feels like we’ll all be on lockdown forever and everything will basically feel like it’s cancelled

ShinyCharyZard

Too old for your rubbish..
Well that’s what I meant. Right now it feels like we’ll all be on lockdown forever and everything will basically feel like it’s cancelled

That is very much an exaggeration of the situation. The majority of shows have halted production at this point whilst countries are in lockdown to keep people safe and once the numbers come down and it's safe for people to start returning to their normal lives, then these shows will continue production. They won't rush straight back onto the screens by any means, since the lockdowns will be lifted gradually as a safety measure, but they will fall back into production and continue as they were, if not with a slight tweak to the plot to make sure that things still fit within their schedule.

This may all seem like the worst thing to ever hit the planet right now, but its honestly not and things will get back on track, including the Pokemon anime, which at this point shouldn't even be a big worry to anyone since its just a show..

dman_dustin

There could be a silver lining to this hiatus.

The opening could change its animation (not necessarily the song, but include some nice new visuals). Maybe someone who worked on the opening for example, could make a new opening while on lockdown, assuming they don't have other things to do. Granted it probably would just change to Raboot and that's it, but maybe we get some surprises.

OR if we do not get a new opening (animation) maybe that means they were planning on doing a new opening at a certain episode and don't want to mess with that. Still though changing the opening to Raboot would be nice. But we'll see.

D

Deleted member 384931

So the scene in the rain comes from PM23. Raboot listens to Gou again during battle. So their "issue" seems resolved.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
Well, here in my country, we've been nearly 1 month and a half on quarentine and government has revealed plans for starting reopening stuff already. Though they'll have to observe guidelines and any increase in the numbers of infections and everyone is quarentined again.

Gee, just yesterday my city started allowing the opening of some non-essential services such as newspapper stands.

I'd say give it a month and things will probably start getting back on track.

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
The recent dub trailers make me more optimistic, & I know the anime industry would start up once again once the pandemic dies down, but I'm still more-so worried that we'll never get to that point between the news reports, supposed second waves of the virus, & certain places trying to loosen up lockdown restrictions too soon.

For every one sign indicating that the pandemic is getting better, there's at least 2-4 signs implying that things are getting worse with no signs of hope

Last edited:

ShadowForce720

The recent dub trailers make me more optimistic, & I know the anime industry would start up once again once the pandemic dies down, but I'm still more-so worried that we'll never get to that point between the news reports, supposed second waves of the virus, & certain places trying to loosen up lockdown restrictions too soon.

And what’s the point in worrying about all this? I fail to see what you being unnecessarily pessimistic is going to accomplish.

This not first major disease/virus remember how back in the Medieval/Dark Ages practically all of Europe suffered from the Bubonic Plague(Aka Black Death) and yet that didn’t ravage Europe forever.

Look you can find bad news or things to worry about in anything that doesn’t mean you should worry about every little thing.

The pandemic will go away especially considering the number of countries that are trying to find and/or create a Vaccine and/or Cure.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
Exactly. Just yesterday there were news about tests on a vaccine. I think it was on Germany.

Someone on another board I'm a member off works with research for college and noticed that the good thing about so many people researching the virus increases the odds of science figuring out a cure.

Quarentine is meant to be a way to prevent the spread of the virus to not bloat hospitals and have the whole health care system collapse. It's a temporary measure that'll soon be lifted, for the better or the worse.

U.N. Owen

In Brightest Day, In Blackest Night ...

That's the cabin fever setting in on you. Plagues come and go. Their death toll and their immediate effects on the industry are not what's concerning. Their social effects will resonate for years to come is what's concerning.

D

Deleted member 384931

Well they have to adapt it it until we have a medicine. There can be "waves" of the virus in the winter for example

dman_dustin

Okay so I just did some logical thinking on the hiatus going on. **** REMINDER **** THIS IS ALL HYPOTHETICAL, THIS IS NOT ANY INDICATION OF WHAT'S GOING ON ****

As much as I dislike it, as I would've preferred airing the ready to air episodes and then go on breaks to make up for the production loss. It's probably ultimately better to stop airing the episode immediately when production shuts down.

Because the lockdown is going to be a set period of time, I imagined it being 5 weeks before production resumes (as a hypothetical), it's better for Pokemon to take those weeks off when production is halted, because no matter how you look at it, "ShoPro" are going take the hypothetical 5 weeks off to make up for the production to resume.

No matter the situation

A). Breaks (with production halted) and then production starts and then episodes
B). Some episodes, then breaks, where production resumes during those breaks)
C). In the scenario 5 episodes air normally, then when production starts to make up for the 5 weeks that were lost by having 5 weeks of breaks in a row (either you can do 5 straight weeks, or maybe have a random 5 break weeks alternating with an episode airing, plus more breaks when necessary to make up the production loss).

As you can see A, makes the most sense, by halting both production and airing of the episodes, you're guaranteed to resume normally when the lockdown ends, so even if everything is pushed hypothetically 5 weeks away, there won't be breaks between episodes, barring any serious situations or forced breaks by TV Tokyo. But production can resume as normal along with airing.

Even airing some episodes now, we'll still have to deal with mandatory breaks during the time production resumes.

I should've seen this coming, as it made the most logical sense, but I was really hoping there was some solution. But there isn't. Breaks were going to happen eventually, and likely the same amount of weeks that are on break now, is how many weeks of breaks we were going to get later. At least by doing the breaks now while production has halted and we're on lockdown, at least there won't be any real mandatory breaks to make up for in the future.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
I am curious up to what episode they have done right now. We know they make episodes months in advance but due to them likely having been dealing with the virus since January or February, they must be a bit behind.

I would venture to assume that they have until maybe episode 30-35 already done?? Course I know nothing about the production so this could be way off.

Status
Not open for further replies.