• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

PM2019 - Future episodes preview (Raihan, Sonia, Sobble and more!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kazuniya

read/watch dungeon meshi
Seriously, if Korrina is a PWT competitor then it opens the door so much to having older characters show up in meaningful ways like this. I hope it’s not just a one time thing for the sake of Lucario, though I have to admit this makes me infinitely more interested in what will happen with Ash’s Riolu down the road.

This is the kind of hype that can happen when we finally move away from Kanto and OS exclusive continuity.
Fully agreed.

I personally couldn't care less for Korrina as a character or her arc in XY, but her coming back is a sign of good things to come. And thank God she's not a Kanto character. I was actually quite shocked to see her in this teaser.

BlueDragonfangirl

Ok with even more community in this and a major character returning for a battle I'm dying with excitement. I also hope this means other characters like Paul ( Who should be in this type of thing too now) to return. I hope Ash brings up to Go that he also won the XY league, man would that slap Go in the face LOL. He's not just any trainer Go.

Ash catching both of my favorite Pokemon has me even more excited.

I think 2019 series might rise higher on my favorite Pokemon shows now.

Remmie

I can't wait to see Raihan and Sobble. I wish Sobble is Gloria's, now would be the time to introduce all the female protagonists that didn't get animated during the series, Green/Leaf, Hilda, Selene and Gloria, now is the time for you girls to get shown, I remember in past movies they would show male protagonists like Brendan and Lucas but never bothered with the girls, now it's the perefect time for them to appear.

KingMinun

Dawn/Sinnoh Fan!
With Korrina appearing, I’m hoping we get to see Misty (in her Let’s go outfit) and Dawn making an appearance at some point.

If she’s appearing it literally opens the ball game to anyway popping up and competing. Even past characters who aren’t battle focused, I imagine I’ll get slated for saying characters that aren’t battle focused wouldn’t have any point in appearing in the PWC but then Dawn appeared in BW for her to only participate in the Junior Cup so anything is possible.

Mr. Reloaded

Cause a pirate is free
They brought Korrina back most likely for Riolu development, but had her in the tournament as a legitimate excuse that's awesome.

Continuity is finally being established.

Yuugis Black Magician

Namaikina Imouto
Corni being brought back is interesting but what I find most interesting is how they re-used Fujii Shingo's animation of her from 2014. I'm amazed they still have the assets lying around. Fujii does work purely digitally but I didn't think the hard drive for XY would sill be on-hand or easily accessible six years later. I hope they have all of the BANK animation from XY on hand, that would make it far easier for battles to be finished faster if they just reuse animation from XY and Sun & Moon.

Sarefan

Hylden General.
Oh boy, didn't see this one coming! Really didn't expect Korrina to return. Good to see older gym leaders are also participating. Should have known, thinking back to B2W2.
Pretty hype for Leon vs Raihan tho.
My boi Sobble to Ash, yasss. I wonder if it's a G-Max one.

FlygontheRavager

#1 Pokémon Anime Fan!
Corni being brought back is interesting but what I find most interesting is how they re-used Fujii Shingo's animation of her from 2014. I'm amazed they still have the assets lying around. Fujii does work purely digitally but I didn't think the hard drive for XY would sill be on-hand or easily accessible six years later. I hope they have all of the BANK animation from XY on hand, that would make it far easier for battles to be finished faster if they just reuse animation from XY and Sun & Moon.

I...kind of hope it doesn’t become too much of a reoccurring thing, personally. Especially with the XY stuff; the art style really clashes with our current one.

Jangobadass

Fear the Chicken!
Feeling threatened by the Kahunas, Korrina returns to up her guest appearance count and maintain her record of Most Appearances by a Non-Companion Gym Leader. (though she already has bonus points for being in the Masters trailer)

Maybe Sonia will be the PokeGirl for this series. (Arceus knows they're not doing anything with Koharu...)

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
I really, REALLY missed these previews, I still can't believe the Alola league didn't have one.
Anyways, I KNEW they were saving Kalos for something, now let's see what they saved Alola for

Sword master zacian

I can't wait to see Raihan and Sobble. I wish Sobble is Gloria's, now would be the time to introduce all the female protagonists that didn't get animated during the series, Green/Leaf, Hilda, Selene and Gloria, now is the time for you girls to get shown, I remember in past movies they would show male protagonists like Brendan and Lucas but never bothered with the girls, now it's the perefect time for them to appear.
There is no chance for this because they will side characters not main and sobble is main character and the writers said there is no main girl character even koharu isn't main
And i dont really want ash to go back without getting a galar pokemon and ash also said that lets get stronger together and become my friend when riolu and sobble appeared

Soniman

Break the Limit
After the initial scare with the Lt Surge stand in, I'm glad they're finally going all in with the world Tournament concept. Now I have no clue who could show up next and that's exciting? An old rival? E4 members? Companions? The options are limitless

U.N. Owen

In Brightest Day, In Blackest Night ...
That recycled Korrina animation tho
Eh, I'll give them a pass. It's not like BW where it felt like every attack animation was recycled. Not to mention the original shot was animated really well.

As for Korrina, all they need to do now to make me happy is to bring in those game characters they never used. Ahem, Wally.

From my admittedly limited knowledge, Pokemon has been using digital cels since the end of Johto. All this work sits in a cloud which they share with their international community in case they need to edit stuff out like the infamous Lenora edits.

Jibanyan

Eh, I'll give them a pass. It's not like BW where it felt like every attack animation was recycled. Not to mention the original shot was animated really well.

As for Korrina, all they need to do now to make me happy is to bring in those game characters they never used. Ahem, Wally.

I just think it's funny they used animation from six years ago but XY animation still holds up so whatever

Status
Not open for further replies.