• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

PM2019 - Future episodes preview (Raihan, Sonia, Sobble and more!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 384931

The light that shows up after Raboot uses Ember in the rain kind of looks like Sunny Day. Pausing the video at the right time also has the gray colors around that light recede like storm clouds. Maybe Raboot is learning it (or Gou's trying to teach the move to it) to boost its Fire-Type attacks?
That would be possible. But it would feel kinda lame tbh.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
Totally a novice question but after such a long time if they did want the character to reapppear cant they recast the VA?

Dephender explained it on another thread.

I don't have the link but it was like there being no point in trying to invoke nostalgia with a change of voice.

Aka, it wouldn't sit well having May around without her original voice. Specially because she has't been a vital character in the show for a long time and appearing or not appearing wouldn't change anything.

As for me, I agree with that view. One might mention Giovanni or even Miette (whose original VA retired some time after the character's first appearance) but Miette was one appearance and Giovanni is vital because of his connection to the TRio. Also, neither are main cast.

Decidueye23

Dephender explained it on another thread.

I don't have the link but it was like there being no point in trying to invoke nostalgia with a change of voice.

Aka, it wouldn't sit well having May around without her original voice. Specially because she has't been a vital character in the show for a long time and appearing or not appearing wouldn't change anything.

As for me, I agree with that view. One might mention Giovanni or even Miette (whose original VA retired some time after the character's first appearance) but Miette was one appearance and Giovanni is vital because of his connection to the TRio. Also, neither are main cast.
Ohh okay. I ve always wanted all the companioms to comeback and cheer up ash when heis in the finals and being in the world no.1 finals would be a darn good time to comeback wouldnt it.

I somewhat don't believe that's possible, they usually play the aces as their strongest mons. Gengar or dragonite would probably go down and riolu and sobble wouldn't even be choices. You can see Ash thrashing OCs everytime, but game characters like gym leaders are generally treated as serious threats. Generally. Pikachu could always g-max, unintentionally body slams mega lucario and that's it, but I'm sure it'll be one of that "hot blooded rematches" the anime loves to hype.

But what would be the fun in that? If they go with that then it would be a wasted opportunity. Ash went on to become the second most powerful trainer in the Kalos league but here we have him struggling against the third gym leader. At least he should win by a big margin unlike the last time.

DuquÊ?

Too lazy to pick a pic
Brock is the (ex-) first Kanto gym leader and Misty is the second. Their last appearances had them using mega evolution like they were the 7th/8th gym leaders. It's at least conceivable expect that Korrina leveled up after she fought Ash and Alain. Also, pikachu isn't unbeatable. I mean, I'm sure it will win, and considering the last time it fought mega lucario, I hope it'll be a little better and less one sided in lucario's favor.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
Ohh okay. I ve always wanted all the companioms to comeback and cheer up ash when heis in the finals and being in the world no.1 finals would be a darn good time to comeback wouldnt it.

They could at least show them all watching him on TV again, they used to do that but just stopped after DP.
It wouldn't even take a minute to show Brock watching from Pewter Gym with his brothers, Misty with her sisters and Tracey, May watching from somewhere with Drew, Dawn watching with Barry, Paul and Gary watching too, then Cilan and Iris, Clemont/Serena, and just a collage of Kiawe/Mallow/Soph/Lillie/Gladion doing so to save time.

OniCornwalis

So, what this preview means is that the anime staff knows what they’re doing. They didn’t include a ton of callbacks and stuff up until now because the first 20 episodes established the stuff needed for a show to work. Things like the main characters’ goals, the setting and premise, and the supporting cast, which are infinitely more important then continuity. The beginning of the series is done, and now they can put in fan service and bring back old companions and stuff.
Because most shows have enough going for it that it doesn't need a big preview to get you hyped for what's to come.

That PM2019 even had to do this is not a good sign in my books. It has a very weak grasp of foreshadowing.

Almost every show does this. It helps gather hype and excitement for upcoming episodes, so that more people will tune in to watch. This has nothing to do with a lack of talent or direction.

Lord Starfish

Fond of owls
So, what this preview means is that the anime staff knows what they’re doing. They didn’t include a ton of callbacks and stuff up until now because the first 20 episodes established the stuff needed for a show to work. Things like the main characters’ goals, the setting and premise, and the supporting cast, which are infinitely more important then continuity. The beginning of the series is done, and now they can put in fan service and bring back old companions and stuff.
Episodes 7 through 9 still felt like a total slap in the face to anyone who wanted continuity though. And the fact that there were barely even any hints that we would be getting stuff like this in the first cour of the show still stands out to me as a decision that was questionable at best. I mean, I agree, the show is finally starting to deliver on some of what people wanted, and I'm way more enthusiastic about what is to come now than I was back during the afforementioned episodes 7-9 when my frustration with the thing was at its peak... But I still think they stumbled at the start line with this show. They have picked themselves up again and are running pretty smoothly now... but that stumble definitely still happened.

J. D. Guy

The preview is what made most people believe that Satoshi would get Messon. I think it's pretty clear that it'll happen since Satoshi asked Messon to join his team in said preview, so unless Messon declines for some reason, it'll be Satoshi's.

No, the egg scan was what gave those posters the idea/notion to decide that Sobble was promised to Ash. I recall way too many posts reaching that "conclusion" in various threads during that time frame.

This preview just solidified what those posters had already accepted as their personal truth, in the form of giving actually grounds to speculate the possibility. Basically, it was fanon ever since the scan, and the preview hinted that the fanon idea might be possible canon, too.

But make no mistake, those posters in question already decided Sobble was Ash's beforehand.

Last edited:

Red and Blue

Think Eternatus will get another cameo? Since Sonia is appearing she might be able to identify it

dman_dustin

No, the egg scan was what gave those posters the idea/notion to decide that Sobble was promised to Ash. I recall way too many posts reaching that "conclusion" in various threads during that time frame.

This preview just solidified what those posters had already accepted as their personal truth, in the form of giving actually grounds to speculate. the possibility Basically, it was fanon ever since the scan, and the preview hinted that the fanon idea might be possible canon, too.

But make no mistake, those posters in question already decided Sobble was Ash's beforehand.

I'm not sure what you mean, the starters were already in merchandise long before we even knew about the egg.

Past trends always had Ash with a starter so of course they would think Ash would get Sobble/Grookey, it's clearly not like Ash getting Sobble is breaking trends here.

On top of that a lot WANTED the egg to be Sobble but EXPECTED it to be Riolu because they really didn't like Ash with Riolu/Lucario but they didn't actually think the egg was Sobble, only they were hoping the 0.01% chance it was going to be Sobble.

And quite a few people didn't think Ash was going to even get a starter or preferred he didn't, so the preview made it seem clear that Ash could be getting Sobble.

So I don't know how "Sobble was decided to be Ash's beforehand" by the viewers.

I question if you're mistaking speculation/desire/hope/wants with as you call it "personal truth" (or in the most sugarcoated way I can describe it "Confirmation Bias") because clear as day at the end of it all due to logic. Nothing is ever truly confirmed except on the (now) Sunday the episodes actually air (Thursday when Pokemon aired on that day). Remember, something horrific/tragic could happen and the episodes could just cease to exist and nothing could potentially air on a Sunday and thus will never actually be the case. I would refer this to as "worst possible case scenario" even if the egg episode actually had Riolu in the egg and it hatched at the end of the episode. The voice actors voiced it, it was entirely produced, worst possible case scenario happens and its never canon or never actually confirmed. Once it actually airs for the most part and "propagates" as it were, then its confirmed 100%.

Otherwise "development hell" or "cancelled development" is a thing.

Last edited:

World Turtle

My hopes for the rest of May

Raihan vs. Leon Episode: More PWC hype
Sobble Episode: Ash captures Sobble
Galar Farfetch’d Episode: Helping it evolve into Sirfetch'd

Sonia will appear in one of these episodes.

Sword master zacian

Couldn't sonia have a full different episode she deserves one to show off her character and relation of leon and his grandmother maybe she could appear with sonia as well
And more galar episode more better

DuquÊ?

Too lazy to pick a pic
They could at least show them all watching him on TV again, they used to do that but just stopped after DP.
It wouldn't even take a minute to show Brock watching from Pewter Gym with his brothers, Misty with her sisters and Tracey, May watching from somewhere with Drew, Dawn watching with Barry, Paul and Gary watching too, then Cilan and Iris, Clemont/Serena, and just a collage of Kiawe/Mallow/Soph/Lillie/Gladion doing so to save time.
I never understood why they didn't do that by the Alola League finals. Voiceless cameos woudn't take so much time from the episode. Damn, the Kanto episodes could have another group shot only with Ash and all his pokemon with no need of dub.

Almost sure the Galar Farfetch'd, Sobble, Galar Slowpoke and Sonia will all be in the same episode. But, again, Galar looks like the only region (aside Kanto) to have more than one episode.

World Turtle

I never understood why they didn't do that by the Alola League finals. Voiceless cameos woudn't take so much time from the episode. Damn, the Kanto episodes could have another group shot only with Ash and all his pokemon with no need of dub.

Almost sure the Galar Farfetch'd, Sobble, Galar Slowpoke and Sonia will all be in the same episode. But, again, Galar looks like the only region (aside Kanto) to have more than one episode.

That was Kanto Slowpoke not Galar Slowpoke.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang

Hoenn and Sinnoh are getting another episode fairly soon so I can things being more even as we go on.

(except Kanto cause we are supposed to worship it as the best thing ever)

kickachu

Momentai!
You don't think ash will be in the top 8 already. I mean Pokemon leagues don't start until the third year of any anime except bw. Also it wouldn't be fun without getting more chcaracter development and even with gemgar and dragonite their not as strong as the Champions pokemon due to lack of experience except gengar who won and lost a battle.

ShadowForce720

You don't think ash will be in the top 8 already. I mean Pokemon leagues don't start until the third year of any anime except bw. Also it wouldn't be fun without getting more chcaracter development and even with gemgar and dragonite their not as strong as the Champions pokemon due to lack of experience except gengar who won and lost a battle.

You do realize Ash still has to climb his way through the Super and Hyper Classes? Plus considering that he doesn’t get eliminated if he loses and instead goes down in rank chances are we are going to see him lose sometimes.

So while he will eventually make it to Master Class it’s likely not going to happen as fast as your suggesting.

Status
Not open for further replies.