• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

PMD EoS Plot Inconsistency? [SPOILERS UP TO END OF SPECIAL EPISODE 5]

TheLupineOne

I'M GETTING WHITE.
IMPORTANT: THIS THREAD CONTAINS SPOILERS UP TO THE END OF SPECIAL EPISODE 5. PLEASE DO NOT READ OR POST IF YOU HAVE NOT YET REACHED THIS POINT, AND DO NOT POST SPOILERS BEYOND THIS POINT. THIS IS POKéMON MYSTERY DUNGEON 2.

At the end of the Final Chapter of the main story, you, the hero, is returned to the world as a gift from Dialga. However, at the end of Special Episode 5, when the Pokémon of the Future come through, Dialga implies that it is the work of Arceus. Confliction? Bearing in mind the hero is a Pokémon of the future.

Crikko

B r e a t h i n '
Maybe Dialga's ability to make return the hero in the world is Arceus' gift?

Nightlingbolt

AKA Nightlingbolt
Guys, the hero is just one Pokemon. Dialga's powerful enough to bring back one Pokemon. But to restore a future that was supposed to disappear? That's not within Dialga's ability.

Abidon

I don't know if we need spoiler tags since he already mentioned there's bound to be spoilers, but since everyone else has them I think i'll just follow suit.

I'm pretty sure that it's not inconsitent. dialga returned the main character to life as a gift to one character, and it was only one pokemon. However, since Dialga also disappeared in the future, there's no way he could have brought back anyone. The only one whom could had to be another who didn't/couldn't disappear, for reasons I don't comprehend.

Illusione-Tempus

Dialga isn't strong enough to bring back the whole future that is to Abidon's post, yet strong enough to bring just one Pokemon back to life... though one month passed first before it happened... I recall it's like that.

Abidon

^

Your right-the game stated it was at least a month, perhaps a little more,before Dialga restored your hero-and that was because your partner was still completely heartbroken. He probably could have revived her in minutes if he wanted to. Still, I doubt that he could revive anyone in the future if he also disappeared, witch i'm pretty sure he did. Can anyone confirm that for me?

Excitable Boy

is a metaphor
Guys, the hero is just one Pokemon. Dialga's powerful enough to bring back one Pokemon. But to restore a future that was supposed to disappear? That's not within Dialga's ability.

This.

Consider that the time when Arceus restores the future is occurs exactly when your hero/pahtnah finish beating the living Primality out of Primal Dialga. I'm not getting into how this causes some sort of time paradoxdealymabobbers seeing as how this should affect the whole future and not just one part or whatever, as this is Pokemon, but that is somehow how it works. In the other Poke Ball, it's implied that a somewhat large period of time passes between when the future is restored and when you are.

Splapp

But if you reach the end of Special Ep. 5, Dialga starts to fade away as well. How can
a) Dialga save the hero if he's from the future, and
b) Dialga save himself?

GolemGuy

Better Than Thou
Mayhaps by "heigher teir of being", he meant the present Dialga, who hadn't gone completely primal and thus hadn't lost his holiness, making him a higher tier than Primal Dialga?

...Orrrr Arceus just turned the timeline into an alternate one split off from the new one, allowing those there two survive, but character to be floating around in nonexistance for a while (thus, "the wind") and Dialga then just connected the two, allowing the character to reappear. Yeah, that sounds good.

Kitty Aruseus

The werewolf cometh.
The future the hero and Grovyle came from turned into an ALTERNATE time line once your partner placed the Time Gears into the tower's control panel, so Dialga could bring back the hero because the laws of time (as I view them) state that if it is within the power of someone, ONE thing can be brought back from an alternate time line without confliction. Therefore, the future Dialga could not have saved the future as he was part of it and there was too much disappearing for him to save.

serebiifreak

...BRING IT!!!
My guess is that as soon as you put the Time Gears in the slots, it just saved the future. Don`t forget that when you are playing as Grovyle, you and your partner, back in the past, are still ascending Temporal Tower at the same time. When everyone in the future disappears, you and your partner just put the time gears in saving the future. So maybe when Dialga(future) meant someone more powerful then he is, he could have been meaning you.