1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

PMD: Monster Houses

Discussion in 'Pokémon Spinoff Discussion' started by Quintsa, Jan 18, 2012.

1. TeamRocketGrunt

TeamRocketGrunt WobbWobbWobb Wobrudo

Ahk that monster house.
    I love the music.
    I never have trouble cuz my Porygon has Discharge.

2. Kutie Pie

Kutie Pie "It is my destiny."

I can't remember my first Monster House, but it was awful. It took me several weeks of playtime before I could wipe out a Monster House. But before then, I feared them with my life (I still do in some dungeons). I think Temporal Tower was some of the worst moments for me.

But still, after you gain confidence, the music becomes awesome, and the adrenaline rush is addicting.

3. Knightfall

Knightfall Blazing Wordsmith

It depends on the dungeon I happen to find them in. Usually, with my current team they're a great training tool, but when I'm a dungeon I'm weak aganist. Not good...

Knightfall signing off...;005;

4. nathandg0924

nathandg0924 Back in the meantime

I remember when I encountered that for the first time, I felt really surprised when I saw that but I was able to get through it. I hate running into those whenever I'm not strong enough or I don't have a room wide attack. The only good thing that you get from that is a LOT of experience points when you win and even a few good items.

5. Quintsa

Quintsa Roblox FTW

Yea. especially the gummi's

6. Serebii!

Serebii! Well-Known Member

Loved Monster Houses one Heat Wave and heaps of experience

7. atypicalorca

atypicalorca Bird Keeper

I was lucky to have Shinx as my partner in Explorers of Sky. He had a move...I can't remember what it was called, but whenever he used it, he would attack ALL enemies in the room, no matter where they were, EACH TURN. So, if I changed his AI to "use moves only", and only let him use that move, Monster Houses weren't too bad. It wasn't a guarantee of success, of course. But it helped a LOT.

8. Aura Of Twilight

Aura Of Twilight Forever Clueless

I hated Monster Houses in the beginning. It seemed to always happen right after I realize I'm low on supplies and such...It sucks. Once in Red I got defeated in Wish Cave on about the 45 floor and I watched my cousin attempted to rescue me, but get what happened? Just as soon as he got in the area I was at, a monster house showed up and he got creamed. Oh joy. XD

9. MegaSerperior

MegaSerperior <--- My life

Oh god. My first Monster House was in Explorers of Darkness Amp Plains. I was a Totodile and my partner was a Chikorita. I had Vacuum Wave, but it only did 16 damage. Ya, you can see what happened next.

10. I used to be terrified of monster houses. Now I make sure to carry at least one Petrify or Foe-Hold orb with me wherever I go... Even though my Mudkip leader knows Blizzard.
    ... I then proceed to take out every pokemon in the room one by one for exp. :3

11. Frozen Ghost

Frozen Ghost Well-Known Member

One time, on the 2nd floor of Zero Isle South, I fell straight into a monster house. 2ND FLOOR! Otherwise, I carry Petrify Orbs with me whenever I can...

12. Angeltripper

Angeltripper ♥ Ace ♥

On my current playthrough of PMD:EoD, I have lost to monster houses only twice, but then I got Overheat :D

13. Lightning Dragon

Lightning Dragon LIGHTNING FLIGHT!!!!

I remember in Silver Trench where Lugia hides... oh there were at LEAST 4 monster houses at the begining at the end of a certan floor my Lv 100 Swampert for blue totally wiped there hides! And I reqruted Lugia after beating him first try on Blue rescue team!

14. Angeltripper

Angeltripper ♥ Ace ♥

no duh, 99.9% chance of recruiting lugia, and I belive that's at level 1 without friend bow or the IQ skill

15. Lightning Dragon

Lightning Dragon LIGHTNING FLIGHT!!!!

Well I was like... 10 at the time so I didn't know cuz I never used the internet unless for needs... but the one that really beats the crud outta me is whenyou are downed by a pokemon and then KOed when you are so close to the end of a dungeon...

16. ☭Secret_Shocker☭

☭Secret_Shocker☭ Well-Known Member

I don't have a problem busting monster houses. I always keep sure I have a move that affects all Pokemon in a room.

17. Earthia100

Earthia100 Well-Known Member

Most of the time, I can get through a monster house just fine. With maybe a scratch or two.

But then again, they always come at the WORST times. like when you're on the 98 floor and right next to the stairs. Then you die and you have to start ALL OVER AGAIN. :(

18. Sunset Star

Sunset Star The DS Gamer

Stair room monster houses. Especially in Temporal Tower. You're finally at the stairs and then... A bunch of Bronzongs and Salamences appear and KO you.

Not to mention that Sky Tower would be perfect without monster houses.​

19. Angeltripper

Angeltripper ♥ Ace ♥

new MH story:

A few days ago, The'Galin (Chimchar, now an Infernape), Nightbane (Treeko, now a Sceptile), Charmeleon, and our lovely Guest Remoraid ran into a MH in SURROUNDED Sea. NO Orbs, seeds etc. and Kingdra's Brine could OHKO me! Luckily my partner used Agility giving me 1 extra attack. Also, since I had an IQ skill that makes all thorns go threw anything (even walls) and damage pokemon, I just threw them till most of the stronger pokemon were dead. Mainly Kingdra, Quilfish and Tentacruel.

20. WillieNelson

WillieNelson Well-Known Member

I ran into a Monster House in my first run of Deep Dark Crater with Chikorita (leader), Mudkip, and Cresselia, Both my allies were at low health, but I had Bodyguard and a Bright Veil, so every time any of us were targeted with a fire move, I get an instant healing (and Giga Drain with Wise Healer and a Spice Bow also helps :3)