• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

PMD: Monster Houses

Angeltripper

♥ Ace ♥
I ran into a Monster House in my first run of Deep Dark Crater with Chikorita (leader), Mudkip, and Cresselia, Both my allies were at low health, but I had Bodyguard and a Bright Veil, so every time any of us were targeted with a fire move, I get an instant healing (and Giga Drain with Wise Healer and a Spice Bow also helps :3)

you could make a grass type pwn in that dungeon!

Missdreavus

Dulceridentem
I find warp orbs help. Sure, enemies will still be on the same floor, but it lets you face less enemies in more time, and you have a chance of accessing the stairs before taking too much damage.

FlashFusion

Numero Uno
I remember my first Monster House in EoT. In Amp Plains, I was just walking, then I stepped on a Warp Panel. I warp right besides the stairs and I'm like, yay! Then, the music changes and I'm swarmed by Agility Girafarigs and Discharge Plusle and Minun. You see how that turned out. My poor Cyndaquil didn't stand a chance. And don't even get me started on Temporal Tower! I was Level 50 before I could handle the Monster Houses.

Lord Fighting

Bank Ball Collector
I have a question for you guys, what dungeon do you get Monster Houses the mos FREQUENTLY at?

Got to be Deep sea current from RRT. Everytime I go in that dungeon I get a monster house in about every 10 floors or so.

Also, I hate when your training some noob so you can evolve them and then you get a monster house. Or when you're trying to make it through a really tough dungeon and then all of a sudden you get a monster house. I just get really pissed off when that happens.

Kian D

Grandmaster of time
I just discharged the hell out of them!!!(LOL pokemon massacre) now I don't have any problems with monster houses(as long as i know discharge!!!!!!)

Cobalt2

Some Random Guy...
I always had to use my escape orb when I entered one, so now i always bring a palkia with both spacial rend and earth power...

LadyTriox

I have a boyfriend now; I am his princess❤️
Spurn Orbs help, since they teleport every opposing pokemon away....

But, their actually possable to fight *AND* beat when I play Grovyle's special episode :O

I have no idea why that is that way XD

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
I absolutely loathe monster houses. I remember being freaked out the first time I encountered one; it was a terrible experience. These days, I always bring a Pokemon with a move that can attack every Pokemon in the vicinity. It's always good to be prepared.

Crimson Penguin

Marchin' on
Ugh, Monster Houses. I remember getting killed several times by Discharge Porygon-Zs and Earth Power Nidoqueens in EoT. My poor Torchic and Piplup just couldn't handle it. : (

The other Monster Houses that annoyed the heck out of me were the ones in the Silver Trench in BRT. I was always deathly afraid of those Sheer Cold Dewgongs who could force my level 100 Pokemon right back out of the dungeon. And let's not even get started on my few futile attempts to clear Purity Forest...

Escheria

Ray Tracer
In Temporal Tower a monster house crippled me a LOT. I had like 6 Reviver seeds and about 10 Oran berries. Mudkip and Discharge are not the best combo :/. After the encounter I had none left. Lucky that the floor was the last one before a save point. However, I am still at levels 39 and 40, how the hell am I supposed to defeat Primal Dialga now when he keeps on cringing my team all the time! I'm still glad my starter is Skitty and I can use Sing on it. I also brought a Vile Seed just for Dialga... Yet, I still can't beat him, tried 5 times already and he keeps roaring me to a temporal oblivion <_>

Chingchar

I was going through dark crater as a Latios and all the Camerupt that where far away used earthquake I didn't get hit so they practically just destroyed themselves with 1 or 2 heat wave's or so. :p

5221A

I dont find MH so trubelsome now, early game they were hard but now they are easy to handel. My main members all know Wide slash/over heat/discharge/ agility, son not a big of a poblemn anymore

dirkac

I smash your Boxes.
I don't fond them as hard as before, on fact, I'm starting to enjoy them!
Ahhhh... I love the feeling you get When you go through Silver Trench without any orbs except Escape... It's incredible!

Hudsonn98

Today my team ran into a MH in Sky Rify in Time. Luckily I was able to use Warp Seeds on me(Torchic) and my partner (totodile) and got us the hell out of there...then Palkia creamus...x_x