• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

PMD - The Dangers of Evolution (G)

gardevoir rocks

The Dangers of Evolution​

Rated G (this may change as the story develops)
This is my first fan fic, so I hope you like it. It's about a pokemon rescue team, and the adventures they have.

Prologue

I remember when I first met Misdreavus and Dratini, but that isn’t really surprising seeing as it was only a month ago. I was flying up in the clear blue sky with all the other bird pokémon; it was the quickest way to get to Rainbow Town. Why was I going there? To form a pokémon rescue team and that is exactly what happened.

I saw two pokémon talking, they seemed so close that I wondered if I’d ever have friends like that? I was so lost in my thoughts, I forgot where I was and what I was doing, I panicked and crash landed. The next thing I knew, I was in a room, near a nice, warm fire. There were two pokémon standing in front of me, the same two pokémon I had seen talking to each other earlier.

“Are you feeling better now?” one of them asked me, “that was quite a fall you had.” They smiled, clearly happy that I had recovered from my fall.

“Stop pestering them, Dratini! Can’t you see they’re still in shock!” the other pokémon yelled in frustration.

“What’s going on here exactly?” I enquired, confused about the whole situation, it was obvious I needed answers.

“Sorry about that,” the pokémon apologised, “I just get annoyed with them sometimes, they’re just such a big control freak. Anyway, I’m Misdreavus, and this is my partner, Dratini. We’re a pokémon rescue team.”

“Really,” I exclaimed in excitement. I had always wanted to be in a pokémon rescue team, and I figured that if I could get on well with these pokémon, then there might be a slight chance they would let me on their team.

“Oh, I almost forgot to ask, what’s your name?” Misdreavus requested.

“Taillow,” I replied, “I have to ask you something too,” I mumbled, thinking that if they wanted me on there team then their first impressions of me would be enough to make their minds up.

“Ask away!” Dratini beamed. He seemed eager to hear what I was going to ask.

“Can I be on your rescue team, I promise I’ll train everyday, and I’ll never let you down, I might look weak, but I’m a lot stronger than most pokémon.”

“Sure!” Misdreavus answered, without hesitation.

“You’re just going to let them join!?” Dratini yelled, losing there usual cheery nature.

“Look, I’ve told you before, I know a tough pokémon when I see one, and this guy is tough! Anyway he seems honest enough to me, let’s give him a chance. Even if we just start with having him be part of the team for a week, that way we’ll have a better idea of what he’s like.”

“I suppose…” Dratini whispered, suddenly going quiet.

“Don’t worry about him; he just doesn’t like it when I bring up the idea of us having a new team member,” Misdreavus smiled. It was like they had just swapped personalities.

“By the way, you never mentioned, what’s the team called?”

“Team Brave Heart,” she replied, and that was the end of our conversation. I remember every word as if it was yesterday, but that was just the story of how we met. The story I am about to tell is far worse, it is the story of how we almost lost Misdreavus, forever…

Last edited:

RoflLuxRay

Pokemon Physiologist
Hello...
It seems you consolidated your work, good for you.

Small prologue, and a nice cliffhanger in the end. And I noticed small grammar mistakes.

I AM NOT the man to point it out, but I will try my best on this one.

I saw two pokémon talking, they seemed so close, I started thinking to myself, I wonder if I’ll ever have friends like that?

Eh... I'm sure this would look better like this:

I saw two pokemon talking, they seemed so close that I wondered if I'll ever have friends like that

“What’s going on here exactly?” I enquired. I was so confused about the whole situation, and I needed some answers.

Again, I'll give you a small advice on how this would look better.

“What’s going on here exactly?” I enquired, confused about the whole situation, it was obvious that I needed answers

Interesting title... I'll try to keep an eye on this work of yours. Keep up with your plot and character development, that's the key to make a PMD fic work.

Thanks for your time, I look forward to the next chapter

gardevoir rocks

Thanks! Glad you like it so far, will make adjustments where needed.

Ditto123

~Word~
Ahhhh! Another PMD story!. But I like the story so far, and I think that it'll get even better soon. The title is nice, and I like the cliffhanger

gardevoir rocks

Thanks for the comments everyone! And now I give you Chapter 1! Hope you like some of the elements I included to make it different from the usual PMD!

Chapter 1 - Very Nearly Shattered Dreams

It was a three weeks after I had first met Dratini and Misdreavus, and there was only one thing on their minds. Contests. They had been talking about them for the past couple of weeks now, because Misdreavus had been thinking of entering one. She had never entered a contest before, so the whole experience was very new to her. But Dratini and I were helping her to train for it as much as we could.

We decided the best place to start would be with the visual round. This is always the first round of a pokémon contest, and it is crucial for any contestant to make a good impression with the judges in this round. After all, it is the judges who decide who goes through to the next round and who goes home. Misdreavus seemed really nervous about this round; she told me one night that she thought she wouldn’t look as pretty as the other contestants. I already had this covered though. I had been down at the bazaar last week, and saw the perfect accessory for her. I just knew she was going to love it!

Dratini was helping her as well. He had choreographed the routine for the performance. It took some practice to get it just right though. She was a bit apprehensive when she first heard his idea for the routine.

“Are you sure this’ll make my performance stand out?” she asked him, looking unconvinced.

“Just try it!” Dratini chirped, with reassuring confidence.

She stood in the middle of the grass, ready to perform.

“Go for it, Misdreavus!” I cheered.

She smiled, and slipped back into her usual, confident self. That was when we first saw it. Her visual performance, but it wasn’t quite what we expected…

She began by shooting a powerful psybeam into the air all around her. Then she let out an almighty rain dance. According to Dratini, this should have created an array of beautiful rainbow droplets. But it didn’t do that. Instead, it created a horrible rainbow mesh by making the colours of her psybeam fuse together. The sight was terrible, and the worst part was that our faces showed it. Misdreavus had cried for days, telling us that she was never going to enter a contest, and that she hated Dratini. She with me eventually, and we managed to get over the problem, but she still seemed decided about not entering the contest.

That’s when we heard Dratini’s clever idea. He had bought a TM a while back for a move called Water Pulse. He figured that a move like that would have the power to make her performance look stunning. So, later that day we all gathered around the table, and gave Misdreavus the TM.

“What move does it contain?” she asked, “it had better be a powerful one; you know I hate weak moves.”

“Powerful? With this move you’ll be unstoppable!” I cried.

“Alright,” she agreed, “let’s see what move it is!”

She touched the TM in the centre, and a voice appeared.

“This TM contains the move water pulse,” it said, “who wishes to learn this move?”

“I do!” Misdreavus shrieked in excitement.

After she said this a red light appeared, scanning Misdreavus. It was checking which pokémon she was in order to determine whether or not she could learn the move.

“Impossible. Is there another pokémon who wishes to learn this move?” it answered.

“Go on you two,” Misdreavus added, “there’s no point in letting it go to waste, after all it must have cost you a fortune.”

“Ok,” Dratini replied, “I’ll give it a go. I wish to learn the move.”

The red light began scanning him, he seemed nervous. I guess he was worried it would deny him in the same way it had denied Misdreavus.

“Are you sure you wish to learn this move?” it enquired.

“I guess that means it’s possible, so yes. Yes I do want to learn the move!” Dratini chirped.

There was a light again, this time a green one. It shone over Dratini, teaching them the new move.

“Well? Did it work?” We asked, curious to know whether the light had done what we thought it had.

There was a slight hesitation, and then he unleashed the new move, drenching us in water. We laughed so much that night. It had been a brilliant day, even if Misdreavus couldn’t learn water pulse; at least Dratini was putting it to good use.

I was still rather upset about the fact Misdreavus wasn’t going to enter the contest. That accessory I had bought her was going to waste, and I was sure she would be a great co-ordinator. That was before I saw this poster. It was hanging up outside the contest hall, and it said:

TO ALL BUDDING CO-ORDINATORS,

THIS WEEKEND THERE WILL BE A PAIR CONTEST, SO GRAB A FRIEND, MAKE A ROUTINE AND DAZZLE US! ALL POKÉMON WELCOME WITH ANY LEVEL OF EXPERIENCE, SO WHY NOT GIVE IT A GO!

FROM THE POKÉMON CONTEST TEAM.

It gave me the most incredible idea. I had to tell Dratini and Misdreavus, but before I did that I decided to take another trip to the bazaar, there was something I wanted to buy…

When I got home from the bazaar, however, Dratini and Misdreavus seemed to be really upset.

“What’s up with you two?” I asked.

“He’s going to enter the contest,” Misdreavus sobbed, floating in my direction as if to say ‘comfort me’.

“Look! I just think this move belongs in a contest. It’s sure to impress the judges,” Dratini said in his defence.

“I think I might just have the solution to your problem,” I told them, before showing them the poster.

“So, what are you suggesting exactly?” Misdreavus questioned.

“Why don’t you both enter a contest together? With your psybeam and Dratini’s water pulse your performance will be amazing!”

They looked at each other and smiled.

“Ok,” they agreed, and we began practicing again, after all the contest was only three days away!

But it wasn’t really the contest that was the bad part of this story, more the things that happened because of the result, but you’ll find out about that soon enough.

thaBlob

< He no liek mudkipz
gaaah I cant wait for the next bit! Hurry up and post :p