• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

PMD2 did this game make you cry? - spoilers

Metamence

it did to me. the music and grovyle taking dusknoir with him.pretty sad sniff

Warfare

liverliverliverliver
No it didn't. PMD1 had more of an impact because I didn't see it coming though I don't think I would've cried from it.

MaskedManAbsolkid

I'll put spoiler marks in my post, just in case.

[SPOIL]No, I haven't cried, but I felt a bit sad when Grovyle sacrificed himself and you 'died'[/SPOIL]

gardevoir11

The First Princess
Not at all, but that's because I'm an emotionless robot when it comes to fictional (and often non-fictional) heartbreaking scenes (never cried at a game/movie/book in my life, no matter how sad). I don't think I even felt sad at the end, more like: this is predictable, overly sappy, how long is this end cutscene going to take, I want to get back running around random dungeons already.

Yeah, I'm heartless...

Last edited:

PokemonHero

I can see the future
Yeah I cried a bit. Some of the music there just fit with the scenes so well that I couldn't help it.

kirby8933083

mai husbando
I didn't cry, but I thought it was really sad. The music was fitted well for the situation tho..
good story line but a bit too sappy, everyone knows your going to come back in the end!! Grovyle had the raw deal it was sad he didn't come back, but that made him a bit more honorable I guess.

MagicMew

Pro Trainer
Things that made me emotional were,i was "OMG" when Dusknoir grabbed Me (munchlax) and my partner ;25;,Pikachu.It was weird when I found out Grovyle was good...
I cried when Celebi didn't come back with us!
I cried in frustration over the toughness of Hidden Land...
...I cried in desperation when Dusknoir returned to destroy us for good...
I cried because I had to fight Dusknoir and his little army who have burned into my mind...now all i hear when i think is..."Wheh-Heh-Heh!"...
I cried when Grovyle went byebye!
I cried when I saw Primal Dialga...
I cried some more because I had to fight him...
I cried when I started to disappear...
I cried when I saw Pikachu cry.(lol)
I cried whe I saw those krabbys' bubbles...(Pikachu spoke the explanation)
I cried with joy when I returned...
Shall I reveal my tears on Part 2?

MagicMew

Pro Trainer
Things that made me emotional were,i was "OMG" when Dusknoir grabbed Me (munchlax) and my partner ;25;,Pikachu.It was weird when I found out Grovyle was good...
I cried when Celebi didn't come back with us!
I cried in frustration over the toughness of Hidden Land...
...I cried in desperation when Dusknoir returned to destroy us for good...
I cried because I had to fight Dusknoir and his little army who have burned into my mind...now all i hear when i think is..."Wheh-Heh-Heh!"...
I cried when Grovyle went byebye!
I cried when I saw Primal Dialga...
I cried some more because I had to fight him...
I cried when I started to disappear...
I cried when I saw Pikachu cry.(lol)
I cried whe I saw those krabbys' bubbles...(Pikachu spoke the explanation)
I cried with joy when I returned...
Shall I reveal my tears on Part 2?

MagicMew

Pro Trainer
Darn repeats.I hate it when my computer does that!

Noheart

The Abysswalker
I had a frown, but I didn't actually sob or anything. I also knew something like this would happen, since I played PMD1.

latiasfinder

Giratina Queen
I'm not sure if I should be ashamed of myself or proud.

I sobbed like a kid over the ending on PMD1 and PMD2 cause I'm a sap. The only thing that got me bad in PMD2 was when your partner was on the beach reminiscing. That hurt.

Bobby Frank JR

Mewy Christmas!
At the end where your character dissappears i always cry even though i know whats coming up. I cried for both PMD1 and PMD2 and when i finished the credits for my friend i didnt cry <<Ironic?>>

Garmmon

FUN :D
I cried in both MD1 and MD2's endings.
Because I cry easily at anything reasonably sad really. I'm such a softie :]

Dark Arceus

Worst. Name. Ever.
I didn't cry at either, but PMD1 ending and PMD2 when Grovyle sacrificed himself to banish Dusknoir got to me a bit.

-Rookai-

I had a tear in my eye when my partner was on the beach, sobbing. I knew it was coming though; it is not so much of you leaving, but your partner's emotional reaction.

DarkPikachu1995

Cute, but EVIL
i didnt cry, but i felt really sad, I think the PMD2 ending is more emotional than the first one.

Wiimote

Tao is Taokaka!
I bawled at the ending. It's very emotional. Seeing your partner and Bidoof sobbing in the beach scene would easily pull at one's heartstrings.
The scene with your partner's memories is emotional, too.

*after main character disappears*
Link: Wiimote! Nooo!

(Text scene)
And so...
Wiimote and Link completed their mission and prevented the world's paralysis.
Link returned to Trasure Town safely.

(Guild Scene)

*Link returns to the guild*
Diglett: The footprint is... Link's!
*everyone surrounds Link*
Wigglytuff: Link! You and Wiimote saved the world from paralysis!
(I forget who): Where's Wiimote?

(Beach Scene)

Link: This is where I first met Wiimote.
Where I... met... Wiimote...
This is where our adventure begun...
But Wiimote... is... gone...

(numerous memory scenes)

(back to the beach scene)

*Bidoof comes by*
Bidoof: What's wrong, Link? We're worried about you.
Link: B-Bidoof... *cries and collapses in the sand*

I don't cry too much, either. So... yeah.

Last edited:

wolf fox

OMG What is THAT ??
I didn't cry.Parts like when Grovyle went back to the future and the ending (When your partner goes to the Beach after you temporarily disappear.) were very touching.