• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

PMD2 Help Thread (Possible Spoilers)

• Thread starter Deleted member 11515
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

PsychicPsycho

I noticed something weird that's happened to me a few times lately. I'll go to do a mission, but when I get to the right floor the pokemon I'm trying to get to isn't there. It'll say something like 'You've reached the destination floor! But the pokemon you seek isn't here...'. Does anyone know what the cause of this is, or is it just something random?

PurpleMew

no promises
I noticed something weird that's happened to me a few times lately. I'll go to do a mission, but when I get to the right floor the pokemon I'm trying to get to isn't there. It'll say something like 'You've reached the destination floor! But the pokemon you seek isn't here...'. Does anyone know what the cause of this is, or is it just something random?

It says that because you have obviously gone on a mission thinking the end boss will be there so you can recruit it but when on a mission you automatically leave when you reach the last floor. If you wish to recruit or battle the dungeon boss then you have to just go and not have any missions open in that dungeon.

PsychicPsycho

It says that because you have obviously gone on a mission thinking the end boss will be there so you can recruit it but when on a mission you automatically leave when you reach the last floor. If you wish to recruit or battle the dungeon boss then you have to just go and not have any missions open in that dungeon.
I know that. I think you're missunderstanding me. I'll go to do a mission when this happens, not a recruitment thing. Like, lets say my mission says something like 'Help! Come rescue me! I'm in X dungeon at floor X'. Well, I'll go to X dungeon, and when I get to floor X, the pokemon that wanted the rescue isn't there.

PurpleMew

no promises
I know that. I think you're missunderstanding me. I'll go to do a mission when this happens, not a recruitment thing. Like, lets say my mission says something like 'Help! Come rescue me! I'm in X dungeon at floor X'. Well, I'll go to X dungeon, and when I get to floor X, the pokemon that wanted the rescue isn't there.

Oh sorry. I am fully aware of what you mean now but the only reason that could happen is if you have a glitch unless you have done something that has made it do it.

Excitable Boy

is a metaphor
Em, I kinda doubt that anyone knows about this, but, ah, here goes nothing.

You see, I've recruited a Raichu named Austen. That doesn't seem so bad, right? Well, Austen has a little glitch. You see, when Austen is separated from the rest of the team, and he encounters an enemy, he doesn't attack. He just continues walking. This is really a pain in the *ss for me, since Austen usually gets himself killed.

Has anybody heard of this before? Is this supposed to happen? More importantly, does anyone know how to fix it?

PsychicPsycho, it's really, really annoying when that happens.

PsychicPsycho

Oh sorry. I am fully aware of what you mean now but the only reason that could happen is if you have a glitch unless you have done something that has made it do it.
I haven't done anything as far as I know, unless the 'event only' missions carry the possbility of glitches. I haven't used a wondermail generator either (although I don't know that they make glitches or not).

Has anybody heard of this before? Is this supposed to happen? More importantly, does anyone know how to fix it?
It could be a few things:
-if the IQ skill 'exclusive move user' is turned on, but the pokemon has no moves checked to use, it won't attack. This skill is turned on naturally in recruited pokemon, so you might check your pokemon's IQ skills.
-I'm not totally sure, but there might be a tactic that would cause it. Check your pokemon's tactics and set it on something like 'let's go together' or 'go after foes' and see if it still doesn't attack.

Other then that I'm not sure.

Excitable Boy

is a metaphor
I'm not sure if you understand. He'll still attack if he's with the rest of the team, but not when he's separated.

I tried setting him to "Go After Foes," but it didn't seem to work.

Golden Manaphy

I have a question. I know that the Mewtwo/Celebi event was last year. But is there a WM code or something else that can help you get, oh say, a Mewtwo in Time?

PurpleMew

no promises
I have a question. I know that the Mewtwo/Celebi event was last year. But is there a WM code or something else that can help you get, oh say, a Mewtwo in Time?

I am sorry to say unless you got the event code when it was revealed then you will be unable to get either Celebi in Darkness or Mewtwo in Time.

No idea what causes it, but it's happened to me a few times too. They're usually there the next time you go to do that same mission.

Rakurai

if i have 2 bulba-claws do the effects stack?
and what if i have three different bulbasaur-specific items?

You can only get one boost per type of item.

So having three different items works, but not multiples of the same one.

calze6

Reclaiming da ladder

I've encountered that before. My game isn't glitched. I'm not sure why though because it only happened once.

For Austen's problem, try settindg to let's go together.

Last edited:

Electric

Another question:
Where can I get a Mt. Coronet stone?
I did look on Serebii's website, but it doesn't even say anything...

Rakurai

Another question:
Where can I get a Mt. Coronet stone?
I did look on Serebii's website, but it doesn't even say anything...

I've seen it being sold it a number of places, but I can't recall which places exactly. As a general tip, the Kecleon shops in dungeons unlocked via random missions tend to sell nothing but evolution items (Namely, the higher leveled ones, like Lost Wilderness and Mt. Mistral).

PsychicPsycho

I've got a question I keep forgetting to ask, although, similar to my last question, it's kind of vague. I've noticed sometimes that wild pokemon, instead of attacking, will just stand there. The screen will says "[Pokemon] is watching carefully". Does anyone know why they do that?

I'm not sure if you understand. He'll still attack if he's with the rest of the team, but not when he's separated.
Hmm... I guess I don't. So he acts completely normal when with the team, but won't attack at all when he's separated?

Also I misread your e-mail, I though you recruited a Riolu (although it doesn't matter for your problem).

I've seen it being sold it a number of places, but I can't recall which places exactly. As a general tip, the Kecleon shops in dungeons unlocked via random missions tend to sell nothing but evolution items (Namely, the higher leveled ones, like Lost Wilderness and Mt. Mistral).
Indeed. I believe Lake Afar & Happy Outlook have the most of these shops, but Lost Wildnerness, Mistral, Midnight forest and shimmer hill might have them as well. You also can get them as a reward for missions, so keep your eye out. That's random, of course, so don't wait around for it.

Last edited:
Em, I kinda doubt that anyone knows about this, but, ah, here goes nothing.

You see, I've recruited a Raichu named Austen. That doesn't seem so bad, right? Well, Austen has a little glitch. You see, when Austen is separated from the rest of the team, and he encounters an enemy, he doesn't attack. He just continues walking. This is really a pain in the *ss for me, since Austen usually gets himself killed.

PsychicPsycho, it's really, really annoying when that happens.

I've got more than one that does that exact same thing. If they have wondered off on their own whilst set for "Let's go together", and meet a bad guy, they just ignore them and walk away, even though they are getting battered from behind. I always alter them to "Go after enemies" until they have killed it, then alter them back to "Let's go together".

I've got a question I keep forgetting to ask, although, similar to my last question, it's kind of vague. I've noticed sometimes that wild pokemon, instead of attacking, will just stand there. The screen will says "[Pokemon] is watching carefully". Does anyone know why they do that?

I've noticed that too, but I've no idea why they do it.

I've caught a female Kecleon in PMD2 after shoplifting in Mystifying forest. YIPEE!!! And I have never used any kind of cheat device on any game, before anyone asks. She's level 44 and has Attack 255, Sp Atk 255, Defence 255, Sp. Def 255, and HP 284. She's great, every move she has is like a OHKO move. She needs 63,538 exp pts to go up to the next level, so I used two joy seeds and a golden seed. Each time she gains a level, she gains 1HP but the other stats don't go up, I assume they are already maxed out. And she needs 65,000 points to go up each level. The question I have is, is her strength set purely by the 255 values, or does her actual level make her stronger even though these stats don't alter? Her HP and recruitment chances will increase as her level goes up, and she'll be able to learn new moves, but is that all that will alter?

Status
Not open for further replies.