• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

PMD2 Rate My Team / Moveset Help [Again, READ FIRST]

Lempika

Team Raku
Cross Eyes Seeds and a LOT of gravelrocks.

The Baron of Fate

Has seen the light
Here are a few tips for any team: The leader MUST have a room move in case of a moster house e.g. silver wind, ominous wind, blizzard, heat wave etc.

Kinda situational, eh? I admit it helps, a lot at times, but if you can't get one, you still shouldn't discount the usefulness of the leader. I've taken out entire Monster houses using my Sceptile, who's only range is Energy Ball.

A team will do better if they can all go on water.

Uhhh... Why? Once again, you are discounting the usefulness of certain members. Considering everyone is one of the beauties of PMD2. There are no OU, Alakazam is hailed for it's defenses, and usefulness.

Support moves like helping hand and agility are recommended.

Meh, whatever floats your boat. Honestly, most support moves are useless to me, as an item or an attack can usually do the same job better. Agility only makes you move faster. You cannot attack more then once in a turn with it unless your partner uses it once more after you attack. A pokemon in the E-Group IQ has an IQ ability exactly like Helping Hand, saving you a moveslot if you really want that boost.

Also, lempika, how did you beat dialga at lv 36?

Just opinions on your statements. I am not putting you down or anything, just giving advice.

And please, someone rate my team... XD

calze6

Reclaiming da ladder
I'm not offended. However, if a kecleon comes... or rather, a bunch of them...

Lempika

Team Raku
Ok I have returned, with my Upgraded team!

Team Depeche
Dispatch and Conquer

Leader:
Umbreon (Mikuru)

Moves:
Shadow ball
Bite
Quick Attack
Baton Pass

I'm looking for a Monster House move for Umbreon, any ideas?

Co-Leader:
Chimchar (Lempika)

Moves:
Flamethrower
Flamewheel
Dig
Slack Off (Thinking about what to replace it)

Member:
Turtwig (Bolas)

Moves:
Razor Leaf
Leaf Storm
Giga Drain
Crunch

Well as you can see by my signature, I want Garchomp in my team. So does anyone know where I can recruit Gible?

Tx85

Team Depeche
Dispatch and Conquer

Leader:
Umbreon (Mikuru)

Moves:
Shadow ball
Bite
Quick Attack
Baton Pass

Co-Leader:
Chimchar (Lempika)

Moves:
Flamethrower
Flamewheel
Dig

Member:
Turtwig (Bolas)

Moves:
Razor Leaf
Leaf Storm
Giga Drain
Crunch

Well as you can see by my signature, I want Garchomp in my team. So does anyone know where I can recruit Gible?

You can recruit it in Landslide Cave, which is unlocked through optional missions in post board. Or else, you can use Wondermail, if you want

The Baron of Fate

Has seen the light

Team Depeche
Dispatch and Conquer

Leader:
Umbreon (Mikuru)

Moves:
Shadow ball
Bite
Quick Attack
Baton Pass

First off, before I start, don't even think about using wondermail to recruit the Gible. It horribly lowers their stats.

Anywho, as for your attacks... well... No offence but they are dreadful. This doesn't go without saying that Umbreon has a suckish movepool, but I think we can do better then this.

First off, I'll explain why it's bad, so that you know what not to do in the future. I'll start with coverage. Shadow Ball hits Ghosts and Psy's SE. Bite hits... Ghosts and Psy's SE. Quick attack hits... Nothing SE. From that you can see that the ONLY things you will be hitting SE are Ghosts and Psy's, who aren't really a problem for a dark type anyway. Then there is Baton Pass. I'll give you a senario: You are in the middle of a hard dungeon. You are training that new Gible you got from RECRUITING IT! *Wink wink* Now, YOU are surrounded, with gible behind you. You decide to use Baton pass and escape, right? Wrong. Your Gible will be the one surrounded, and promptly killed after you use it. Please get rid of it.

Now, after all that is said and done, let's go to how we can change all of this! You really cannot get rid of Shadow Ball, even though it is in the 'bad' section. It's range is needed. Bite, however, can be swapped for Dark Pulse, providing a decent STAB, okay PP *What with the PP IQ raiser Umby has* and is a psuedo Monster House move, since he cannot learn a real one. Quick attack and Baton Pass can both be swapped for attacks like Dig, Iron Tail, and my personal fav: Psychic. Each provides coverage, it just depends on what you want. Psychic I like a lot because it has great PP, Power, and can kill annoying fighting types for you!

And that is all for Umby.

Co-Leader:
Chimchar (Lempika)

Moves:
Flamethrower
Flamewheel
Dig

I must say, you did not do a bad job with Chimmy here! A quick suggestion though: Your friends do not use attacks like dig and focus punch effectively. You might wanna swap that out along with Slack Off. Moves like Shadow Claw, Grass Knot, or U-Turn could all go there comfortably.

Member:
Turtwig (Bolas)

Moves:
Razor Leaf
Leaf Storm
Giga Drain
Crunch

I, for one, have always loved little Turtwig. He is one of the coolest looking starters there is. And yet, he has such a nasty movepool, it saddens me so...

There are a few ways to remedy this. One is that you could evolve it. That would give him access to rock type attacks, which could round out this moveset.

Another is though breeding. You could try for a turtwig egg, and then grab Superpower on it. Long and hard, this road is.

Finally... well... You could keep it as is... Really his movepool is terrible. Iron Tail COULD go somewhere... but the coverage isn't that helpful...

And that, is my rate. Feel free to ask questions, as I will be happy to answer them all.

And I am sorry for any spelling mistakes... XP

Oh, and if I offended you, I am very sorry. I didn't mean to do it in any way.

Last edited:

Lempika

Team Raku
I'm not offended at all, this is incredibly helpful.

I'm using quick attack for indivisual fights, because, with umbreon, he currently does around 150 dmg with quick attack, and since it can attack 2 squares ahead, I can finish them off quickly. But I do really understand what you mean.

Baton Pass is something I have been planning to change as soon as possible, I just forgot to mention it like I did with slack off for Chimchar.

Where can I learn darkpulse? It isn't a TM is it? Or does Umbreon learn it?

And another thing I would like some thoughts on is, should I have Lucario on my team?
I'm trying to do the whole, 'Play with your fav pokemon, not what you think is powerful' thing, so I really want Lucario. But the thing is, I don't know if I should have Lucario instead of Chimchar, or Lucario for garchomp. I cannot choose because they are equally awesome, so I decided that the best stats will stay, since favouritism won't help here. Right now I'm leaning towards Lucario for Chinchar, as you can tell from my signature.

And I would like some more insight on the moveset for lucario, too please.

calze6

Reclaiming da ladder
Dark pulse is a TM. For high stat pokes, use legendaries. Also, I don't think wondermail lowers staats. I think it increases them. anyway, you can just use gummis and drugs to raise stats.

darkguizaum

Reborn From guizaum
Ummmm rate meh team

*BUMP*

Piplup lvl 26

Water Pulse
Surf
Peck
Fury attack

Pikachu lvl 22

ThunderBolt(TM)
Slam
Tail Whip
Thunder wave

Gliscor lvl 17 (Can't train,i'm in the expedition ATM)

Fire Fang
Ice Fang
Thunder Fang
Poison Jab

Last edited:

The Baron of Fate

Has seen the light
Ummmm rate meh team

*BUMP*

Piplup lvl 26

Water Pulse
Surf
Peck
Fury attack

Pikachu lvl 22

ThunderBolt(TM)
Slam
Tail Whip
Thunder wave

Gliscor lvl 17 (Can't train,i'm in the expedition ATM)

Fire Fang
Ice Fang
Thunder Fang
Poison Jab

How did you get a Gliscor that early?!?! Is it even possible!? I guess if you use wondermail it can be...

Anywho, Let's start with Pippy. Pippy doen't get many options, but one of my favorites is Grass Knot. It is a great move for him. In addition, Blizzard or ice beam can be used. Blizzard especially is great for its range. Fury attack or peck could be replaced.

Ugh... Pikachu... I never have liked the little rodent. Either way, I have to rate him. T-Bolt is a great move, but consider discharge when he levels up. Brick Break, focus punch, grass knot, and Dig are awesome moves for coverage, and Charge Beam is good for range.

Gliscor, now, may SEEM really good, but in actuality, he isn't good at all, for a few reasons. 1. No Stab. 2. No range. 3. Poison Fang only hits grasses, the same way fire/ice fang does. 4. You have electric attacks on Pikachu, and may have ice attacks on Pippy. Let's switch it up a bit, okay? EQ can combo amazingly with your other two fighters, if you have Empoleon's ultimate species item, and Electric's ultimate type item, both of which allow them to dodge ground attacks, and even heal from them. X-Scizzor or U-turn are great coverage, and U-Turn has range. More coverage includes but is not limited to: Dark Pulse, Stone Edge, Aerial Ace *Not recommended, the PP is horrid*, Brick Break, and Night Slash. Finally, Sludge bomb gets a mention purely for it being Gliscors only distance move in a line.

I hope I helped!

darkguizaum

Reborn From guizaum
Niiiiiice,it's wondermail time!!!!!!!!!

EDIT:What's Piplup's last item called?(I mean the one which heals hp from ground moves

Last edited:

Illusione-Tempus

RMT Thread? I just realized this O.O

BTW

;395; Empoleon:
Blizzard
Hydro Pump
Wide Slash
Shadow Claw (used to be Hydro Cannon, but I was trying to recruit Kecleon :p)

;257; Blaziken:
Flamethrower
Double Kick
Mirror Move
Blast Burn (someone help me with this)

;398; Staraptor:
Aerial Ace
Steel Wing
Agility
Brave Bird (I think =/)

;026; Raichu (this guy really needs help):
Thunder
Discharge
Shock Wave
Iron Tail

EDIT: @darkguizaum, it's called a Marine Crown

calze6

Reclaiming da ladder
3 electric attacks for raichu? Erm maybe get rid of him altogether. How does wide slash help empoleon and shadow claw to counter kecleon? Perhaps stop double typing. Give empoleon fury attack or something.

Illusione-Tempus

3 electric attacks for raichu? Erm maybe get rid of him altogether. How does wide slash help empoleon and shadow claw to counter kecleon? Perhaps stop double typing. Give empoleon fury attack or something.

Reason why I teach Blizzard is to get rid of monster houses easily, Hydro Pump in case if something annoying is in my line of sight
Hey, if you didn't notice, Wide Slash attacks any kind of pokemon, even if it's in the wall (wow O.O) without dealing any Super/Not Very Effective damage, especially to kill Shedinja, are the reason why I taught it.
Kecleon... well since Shadow Claw's a ghost type, I thought to use it as a combo to kill it. I mean like keep on using Shadow Claw (first turn, little effect, Kecleon changed type, then with an attack with a ghost type move, it became super effective and so on and so forth)

Yeah, I was planning to change its attacks... I WON'T ABANDON SPARKY! *kick* I ask about its moves, not to exchange it with some other pokemon.

Fury attack = EPIC fail in its base attack, easy to miss. My Empoleon's lv 100 already, I have no big problems, unless if it's at Sky Stairways or any hard dungeons like Zero Isle. I don't think Fury Attack is necessary for it... (and her IQ's max already, no problem with PP)

The Baron of Fate

Has seen the light
RMT Thread? I just realized this O.O

BTW

;395; Empoleon:
Blizzard
Hydro Pump
Wide Slash
Shadow Claw (used to be Hydro Cannon, but I was trying to recruit Kecleon :p)

;257; Blaziken:
Flamethrower
Double Kick
Mirror Move
Blast Burn (someone help me with this)

;398; Staraptor:
Aerial Ace
Steel Wing
Agility
Brave Bird (I think =/)

;026; Raichu (this guy really needs help):
Thunder
Discharge
Shock Wave
Iron Tail

EDIT: @darkguizaum, it's called a Marine Crown

Don't listen to the guy above. He gave bad advice *No offense dude... I call them as I see them...*. Hopefully, here is some good advice!

Really, Empoleon looks pretty good. Anything else you would change on him is purely preference. For instance, I would grab Water pulse for Hydro Pump, purely for the PP and accuracy, but if you wanna keep it, by all means do.

Blaziken's set there looks fine to me, except for Blast Burn. Thankfully, Blaziken has a fantastic moveset to work with, and for me to list even a few of the great replacements for moves would be a long list. I will leave it to you to search for something, though maybe something to hit flyers would be good... Stone Edge maybe?

And now we get to the serious advice. Aerial Ace is a horrid move, imo, with bad Acc, power, and range. Swap it for Close combat, allowing to to murder ices and rocks. This also allows you to ditch Steel Wing for something like U-Turn for range and STAB. Agility, I don't like. However, that is preference, and you can do what you wish with it, keep it or leave it.

Raichu needs a little work, but he is fixable. Shock Wave is horrible for the same reasons as Aerial ace. Try Charge Beam, for range, PP, and free power-ups! For Thunder and Iron tail, how about swapping them for Dig and Grass knot? Both types would are non existent now and be helpful on your team!

That's advice from the BARON OF FATE! Hopefully it will hep you, and won't suck too badly. Tune in next time, same PMD2 channel, same PMD2 place!

Excitable Boy

is a metaphor
Empoleon

Blizzard/Ice Beam
Hydro Pump
Flash Cannon
Shadow Claw

You have no need for both Wide Slash and Blizzard. Blizzard has less-than-stellar accuracy, so Ice Beam works well too.

Blaziken

Flamethrower
Brick Break
Mirror Move
Rock Slide

Double Kick is inferior to Brick Break. Rock Slide gives you a Rock move, obviously. I don't like Mirror Move on non-leader Pokemon, but I can't think of anything better.

Staraptor

Wing Attack
Steel Wing
Close Combat
U-Turn

Wing Attack has more PP, but the same 12 BP. Close Combat is a Fighting move, whilst U-Turn is Bug move with range.

Raichu

Thunderbolt
Discharge
Grass Knot
Brick Break

Keep Discharge turned off unless you're in a Monster House.

Comments and corrections in bold.

haiguys. I want some help on my team please. And I wouldn't mind a 4th member too...I'm just using Mew for now.
;154; Megainum#
Body Slam
Razor Leaf
Aromatherapy
Solar Beam

;260; Swampert
Water Gun
Hydro Pump
EQ
Blizzard

;006; Charizard
Flamethrower
Slash
Steel Wing
Heat Wave

;151; Mew (Filler pokemon)
Mentronome
Psychic
Acient Power
Shock Wave

They need help:x

Xelixi

I´m not really sure about the moveset so here he is.

Lucario:
Aura sphere
Dragon pulse
Dark pulse
Extremespeed (more of a filler)

Still looking for more pokemon, but can't find one yet. Thanks for help

Last edited:

hailflameblast

I'm coming...
Ok, Go team blah blah blah(No idea for a good team name)
Azelf@X-Ray Specs
Flamethrower
Energy Ball
Thunderbolt
Confusion

Empoleon@Def.Scarf
Bubblebeam
Peck
Blizzard
Dig

Infernape@Scope Lens
Scratch
Flame Wheel
Brick Break
Ember

Rotom@Insomniscope
Thundershock
Discharge
Ominous WInd
(no idea)

calze6

Reclaiming da ladder
It is advisable to have team leader with a room move (maybe make empoleon leader).