• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

PMD2 Rate My Team / Moveset Help [Again, READ FIRST]

gardevoir11

The First Princess
i am quite hopeless but^^'...
i am going asking for help^^

Team rank: hyper

Empoleon(ocean) lv 59

-Bubblebeam
-Blizzard
-whirlpool(not sure)
-drill peck
Water Pulse>Bubblebeam, and Steel Wing is a great STAB move you could have in place of Whirlpool.

Blaziken(ruby) lv 56
- flamethrower
- peck(need to get rid of this)
- fire spin
- slash

You need a fighting move. Sky Uppercut is my recommendation, but you'd need to up 3 levels for that. Focus Blast is powerful, but extremely low PP, and Brick Break is slightly less powerful than Sky Uppercut. Shadow Claw will help with type variety, maybe in place of Slash.

Luxray(sparkle) lv 31

- quick attack
- spark
- bite
- ice fang

Definitely get Crunch once you reach that level. Iron Tail is a very powerful move. Shock Wave is the best ranged move this guy's got, but it's not necessary.

i still need a fourth team member^^'

Judging by your current type coverage, ground moves would help a bit, covering both Electric and Poison types. Swampert has a good ground movepool, and Lucario has Bone Rush, so you could consider them. Lucario's the better of the two because he has a larger movepool, but it's really up to you whether you really need ground moves or not. Still, Lucario's colorful movepool makes him an option anyways; your choice.

Suggestions above in bold.

Willow's Tara

The Bewitched
Okay here is my main pokemon Meowth:

Moveset:
Water Pulse
Faint Attack
Shock Wave
Dig

I gave him dig and water pulse because I was fighting Groudon at the time.

Noheart

The Abysswalker

Moveset:
Water Pulse
Faint Attack
Shock Wave
Dig

It's nice that you have 4 moves of different type, but Meowth's a Normal-Type Pokémon. So for STAB, consider something like Slash in place of... Dig I guess. Shock Wave, Faint Attack, and Water Pulse are fine. Dig isn't that useful after you fight Dialga. But, if you didn't beat Dialga yet, I suggest Slash in place of Faint Attack.

Suggestion in Bold.

gardevoir11

The First Princess

Moveset:
Water Pulse
Faint Attack
Shock Wave
Dig

Like Piekid said, get a STAB move in there. If you haven't beaten Dialga, keep Dig. If you have, get rid of it for Slash. Shadow Claw is a better choice in place of Faint Attack, and since Shock Wave has such tiny PP, you could just have Iron Tail or something for power.

cloudk

hates you.
Raikou

Thunderbolt-AOE
thundershock/fang-PP move
-?
-?

persian

fake out-PP move
fury swipes-high dmg..
night slash-for ghosts
-?

arcanine
-flamethrower-range
-ember/fire fang-PP move
-Thunder fang-type coverage
-extremespeed/?

cloudk

hates you.
Raikou

Thunderbolt-AOE
-?
-?

persian

fake out-PP move
fury swipes-high dmg..
night slash-for ghosts
-?

arcanine
-flamethrower-range
-ember/fire fang-PP move
-extremespeed/?

gardevoir11

The First Princess
Raikou

Thunderbolt-AOE
-?
-?

Discharge works better than Thunderbolt. Thundershock has 17 PP, but very low power. Thunder Fang is more powerful, at 15 PP. Shadow Ball is a good ranged move, and you could have Iron Tail for power. Another choice is Extrasensory for the type variation.

persian

fake out-PP move
fury swipes-high dmg..
night slash-for ghosts
-?

I'd replace Fake Out with Power Gem, and Water Pulse is a good ranged move.

arcanine
-flamethrower-range
-ember/fire fang-PP move
-extremespeed/?

I'd have Fire Fang instead of Ember. If you have Raikou on your team already, then no need for Thunder Fang. Try Iron Tail for power or maybe Aerial Ace.

Fire Type King

Leave luck to Heaven
My pp is low, are there more moves @ the same strength but more pp?

;157;Tazz;157;
Lv. 74
Blast burn
Aerial ace
Eruption
Flamethrower +1

;389;Rex;389;
Lv. 65
Energy ball
Leaf storm
Giga drain
Crunch

I'm looking for some legendaries with better moves, like, Darkrai because Giratina,Dialga & Palkia have their all-room moves but they keep using them too often and I want to have a reasonably small pokemon that can still kick butt.

Last edited:

gardevoir11

The First Princess
;157;Tazz;157;
Lv. 74
Blast burn
Aerial ace
Eruption
Flamethrower +1

Blast Burn and Eruption are the most powerful fire moves in the game; you won't find anything more powerful. But, in all honesty, do you really need both? I'd replace one of them for type variety, like Brick Break, Shadow Claw, or Rock Slide.

;389;Rex;389;
Lv. 65
Energy ball
Leaf storm
Giga drain
Crunch

While I can see why you would choose those grass moves, it's never a good idea to have three moves of the same type. Due to Torterra's limited movepool as far as typing is concerned, Iron Tail and Rock Slide are the only other viable offense options, and I'd choose the former for its power.

I'm looking for some legendaries with better moves, like, Darkrai because Giratina,Dialga & Palkia have their all-room moves but they keep using them too often and I want to have a reasonably small pokemon that can still kick butt.

Well, if you want a legendary with a good movepool, Mew is the best choice, having access to every TM and HM. If you have Darkness version, Mewtwo works well too. Deoxys could also work, but it lacks a mob move, and because it can't remember moves from Electivire, you'll have to level up carefully (or use Doom Seeds, but I've never tested to see if those work for move learning...). Mew is IMO the best option: biggest movepool and decent stats that can always be increased via items.

Last edited:

Pichu_fan

[Insert Joke Here]
heres team PokeGO!

Bulbasaur (me)
Lvl 52
Razor Leaf
Synthesis
Energy Ball
Sludge Bomb (need moves much better than all grass 1 poision please)

Chimchar
Lvl 51
Brick Break
Protect
Flamethrower
Fire Blast

Riolou
Lvl 37(in training)
Quick Attack-range advantage-hide behind partners
Force Palm(paralyze)
Poison Jab
Focus Blast (for range)

gardevoir11

The First Princess
heres team PokeGO!

Bulbasaur (me)
Lvl 52
Razor Leaf
Synthesis
Energy Ball
Sludge Bomb (need moves much better than all grass 1 poision please)

Well, personally I've always found Giga Drain much more helpful than Synthesis (since you regain HP as you walk and you'll only ever need a major recovery during battle anyways). With Bulbasaur's limited movepool, the only other offense moves even worth considering are Facade and Secret Power. If you choose to replace a move, replace Razor Leaf.

Chimchar
Lvl 51
Brick Break
Protect
Flamethrower
Fire Blast

I've personally never seed a real need for Protect, especially at higher levels. Go for type variety to make up for Bulbasaur's limited movepool. Try moves like Shadow Claw, U-turn, Aerial Ace, or Iron Tail.

Riolou
Lvl 37(in training)
Quick Attack-range advantage-hide behind partners
Force Palm(paralyze)
Poison Jab
Focus Blast (for range)

Poison Jab is unnecessary. Iron Tail is an excellent move to put here. And if you can sacrifice another move, try Rock Slide for type variety.

CharizardBlastoise

Squirtle Power!
Rate Team TORCHWOOD Please

Chris (Leader/Me) ;395;
lvl - 100
Moves -
Hydro Cannon
Hydro Pump +4
Blizzard
Drill Peck

Saxon (Partner) ;392;
lvl - 94
Moves -
Fire Blast
Flamethrower
Close Combat
Flare Blitz

Celebi ;251;
lvl - 70
Moves -
Magical Leaf
Phychic
AncientPower
Confusion

Electivire ;466;
lvl - 66
Moves -
Thunder
Discharge
Fire Punch
Shockwave

wordless

;389;Leader(requires moveset help)
Giga drain
Razor leaf
Crunch
Leaf Storm

;157;
Swift
Flamrthrower
Rollout
Eruption(?)

;151;
Metronome(?)
Psychic
Ancient Power
aura Sphere
;149;
Aqua Tail
Dragon Rush
Outrage(?)
Hyper beam(?)

gardevoir11

The First Princess
Suggestions below in bold.

Rate Team TORCHWOOD Please

Chris (Leader/Me) ;395;
lvl - 100
Moves -
Hydro Cannon
Hydro Pump +4
Blizzard
Drill Peck

I don't see a reason for two high powered water moves on a lv.100. Maybe have Steel Wing in place of one.

Saxon (Partner) ;392;
lvl - 94
Moves -
Fire Blast
Flamethrower
Close Combat
Flare Blitz

Three moves of the same type is never that good an idea. Try something like Shadow Claw or U-turn.

Celebi ;251;
lvl - 70
Moves -
Magical Leaf
Phychic
AncientPower
Confusion

I've personally always found Heal Bell to be highly useful, but that's a personal opinion. Water Pulse is good for type variation in place of Confusion.

Electivire ;466;
lvl - 66
Moves -
Thunder
Discharge
Fire Punch
Shockwave

Three electric moves, not a good idea. I'd suggest Iron Tail in place of Thunder.

;389;Leader(requires moveset help)
Giga drain
Razor leaf
Crunch
Leaf Storm

With Torterra's limited movepool type wise, I'd go for either Rock Slide or Iron Tail in place of one of the grass moves. Also, Energy Ball>Razor Leaf.

;157;
Swift
Flamrthrower
Rollout
Eruption(?)

Keep Eruption if you really need the power, but you could consider Lava Plume to help with monster houses. Since Rollout gets canceled with one miss, you could consider Rock Slide instead. And Aerial Ace in place of Swift could make for good type variation.

;151;
Metronome(?)
Psychic
Ancient Power
aura Sphere

Metronome isn't the best idea due to its random nature. I'd have maybe Blizzard for mobs, and Ancient Power could be sacrificed for whatever type variation you still need.

;149;
Aqua Tail
Dragon Rush
Outrage(?)
Hyper beam(?)

Dragon Claw is both more powerful with more PP than Dragon Rush, sacrificing the cringe possibility (which isn't that useful anyways). Outrage, with its confusion side effect, is a bad idea. Go for something like Ice Beam. Hyper Beam is perfectly fine.

Norrick15

Super Clone Master
Good moves

i need good move suggestions for my munchlax and pikachu plz

gardevoir11

The First Princess
i need good move suggestions for my munchlax and pikachu plz

You could try these:

Munchlax:
Blizzard
Body Slam
Water Pulse/Shadow Ball/Flamethrower
Rock Slide/Psychic/Brick Break

Pikachu:
Discharge
Iron Tail
Quick Attack/Grass Knot/Brick Break/Thundershock

Pichu_fan

[Insert Joke Here]
Its ME AGAIN! YAY

Okay this time i need your opinion on 2 pokemon only

Lucario
Quick Attack-tile/hide advantage
Iron Tail
Bone Rush-Multiple strong hits
Aura Sphere-tile advantage/No Miss

Empoleon
Metal Claw
Aqua Jet (Quick Attack reasons)
Fury Attack(Bone Rush Reasons)
Water Pulse-Confusion/tile advantage

Will-powered Spriter

Pokédex Complete!
Team Seedstream

Bulbasaur (William)
Razorleaf (Ginsenged)
Gigadrain
Sleep Powder
Vacuum Cut

Gigadrain is because I use pp like hell, and also, it makes for an awesome last resort. Gigadrain+Ovegrow=OHKO Full Heal. Vacuum Cut is terrible though...

Piplup (Pippy)
Hydro pump
Brine
Drillpeck
Growl

Brine is again for more PP, but it is also a great Boss killer. Growl needs replacing.

Butterfree (Dock)
Supersonic-Poison Powder-Sleep Powder (Linked)
Hyper beam

With the enemy utterly helpless, hyperbeam is a lot less of a risk.

Manetric (Tricky)
Shockwave
Howl-Bite (Linked, to be replaced by crunch)
Thunderfang (To be replaced, maybe by thunderbolt?)

Line of sight moves are the teams speciality.

Noheart

The Abysswalker
Its ME AGAIN! YAY

Okay this time i need your opinion on 2 pokemon only

Lucario
Quick Attack-tile/hide advantage
Iron Tail
Bone Rush-Multiple strong hits
Aura Sphere-tile advantage/No Miss

There's really no need for Quick Attack, I personally think it's useless on a Pokémon like Lucario. The other 3 are fine though. I suggest you replace Quick Attack with something like Focus Punch ( if you still want that tile-advantage thingamajiggy ). It's a lot better then Quick Attack, beleive me.

Empoleon
Metal Claw
Aqua Jet (Quick Attack reasons)
Fury Attack(Bone Rush Reasons)
Water Pulse-Confusion/tile advantage

Metal Claw is a good move, but I suggest replacing it with steel wing ( I don't know if it's available in PMD2, if it isn't, keep Metal Claw. ) Again, I don't favor move's like Quick Attack. Pressing A and doing a move when they come close is better, IMO. I suggest Blizzard in place of Aqua Jet for those damned Monster Houses. If you don't have one of these mob moves, your team is most likely going to be wiped out. Fury attack and Water Pulse are fine.

Team Seedstream

Bulbasaur (William)
Razorleaf (Ginsenged)
Gigadrain
Sleep Powder
Vacuum Cut

Gigadrain is because I use pp like hell, and also, it makes for an awesome last resort. Gigadrain+Ovegrow=OHKO Full Heal. Vacuum Cut is terrible though...

Razor Leaf is okay. If you don't mind erasing the move, put Energy Ball in place of Razor Leaf. It's a special attack, and has more PP/Power then Razor Leaf. But since the Bulbasaur-Family is more attack-oriented, I'll let you decide on that. On the other hand, Sleep Powder is good, since it's your only defence against mobs ( it's not a full-room attack, but it targets the Pokémon around you, like ThunderBolt. ). Vacuum Cut is a no-no on Bulbasaur. For type variation, consider something like Sludge Bomb for STAB and power.

Piplup (Pippy)
Hydro pump
Brine
Drillpeck
Growl

Brine is again for more PP, but it is also a great Boss killer. Growl needs replacing.

Hydro Pump is a powerful move, but has very low PP ( 8 pp= sucky ). I suggest Water Pulse in place of it. Brine and Drill peck are okay, but Growl DOES need replacing. Mob-Attacks aren't that effective on a Pokémon in the second slot, but just incase, I think you should replace Growl with Blizzard.

Butterfree (Dock)
Supersonic-Poison Powder-Sleep Powder (Linked)
Hyper beam

With the enemy utterly helpless, hyperbeam is a lot less of a risk.

This is a nice idea. I like it. I personally don't like Hyper Beam, because of recharging and low PP, but this looks like a really good back-up. Even so, it's in the third slot, which makes it hard to use this combination right, especially in the tunnels. Second slot would make it better, so if you could switch Piplup and Butterfree, that would be a great idea. Otherwise, I'm gonna have to suggest that you replace Hyper Beam with Psychic, and Sleep Powder with Silver Wind/Bug Buzz. You decide. :D

Manetric (Tricky)
Shockwave
Howl-Bite (Linked, to be replaced by crunch)
Thunderfang (To be replaced, maybe by thunderbolt?)
Shock Wave is okay. Howl-Bite is an okay combination, but if you wanna keep it, Crunch is a must. Thunderbolt over Thunder Fang is a good idea.

Line of sight moves are the teams speciality.
Mine too. ;)

Rate my mewtwo moves
Aura Sphere/Stone Edge
Water Pulse/IceBeam
Iron Tail
Blizard
Physical moves on Mewtwo is a big no-no. Aura Sphere over Stone Edge definitly. Water Pulse over Ice beam is good. Again, no physical moves on Mewtwo. Psychic is way better on mewtwo then Iron Tail. Blizzard is fine, since it's a monster house counter.

Suggestions in bold.

Last edited: