• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

PO OU Team

Grassmaster411

Dont, move, a muscle
Ok, since I have been going on PO quite often now, I could use some help with my team. I am subject to change pretty much any team member, though I'm partial to mamoswine and lucario. Also, I've been having trouble with breloom at the moment, so if anyone has any ideas on how to counter him, I'm all ears.

Alright, here we go.

Latias
Nature: Modest
Ability: Levitate
EV's: 252 sp.atk, 252spd, and 4 hp
Item: Wise Glasses
Moves:
Calm Mind, Psychic, Dragon Pulse, Wish

This set is a mix of a special sweeper and a healer. Wish can heal Latias itself or teammates. Calm mind is there to boost sp.atk and sp.defence, which can let latias both sweep and wall. Its 2 attacking moves cover pretty much everything evenly, hitting most pokemon nuetrally.

Infernape
Nature: Naive
Ability: Iron Fist
Item: Choice Band
EV's: 252 atk 252 sp 4hp
Moves: Mach Punch, U-turn, Close Combat, Flare Blitz

My main physical sweeper. U-turn is for scouting and bulky psychics. Flare blitz is STAB, and wckedly powerful, as is close combat. Mach punch get priority, and is boosted by iron fist

Lucario
Nature: Adamant
Item: Air Ballon
Ability:Inner Focus
EV's: 252 atk, 252 spd, 4hp
Moves: Close Combat, Swords Dance, Ice Punch, Extremespeed

This guy tricks so many people. Everyone uses earthquake at least once before they realize what there dealing with, and by then I've boosted or brought his hp down a large amout. Close combat is STAB, and self explanitory. Ice punch KO's the ever present Landorus, and kills most dragons as well. Extremespeed revenge kills, and when boosted by SD, can sweep.

Mamoswine
Nature: Adamant
Item: Muscle Band
Ability: Thick Fat
EV's: 252 atk, 252 spd, 4def
Moves: Ice Shard, Earthquake, Icicle Crash, Superpower

Ice shard sweeps, killing dragons, Landorus, gliscor, and denting just about every other poke in OU. Icicle crash is a more powerful ice move, and the flinch can really pay off, especially with mamoswines decent speed. Earthquake is a good move overall. Superpower hits hard against steels and Blissey.

Venusaur:
Nature: Modest
Item: Black Sludge
Ability: Chlorophyl
EV's: 252 sp.atk, 252sp, 4 hp
Moves: Sunny day, Solarbeam, Sleep powder, Hidden Power(fire)

A good trick set. Sunny day to set up weather, followed by one of his other moves. Sleep powder is obvious, as is solarbeam. HP Fire KO's unsuspecting steels.

Jellicent
Nature: Bold
Item: Leftovers
Ability: Water Absorb
EV's: 252 hp, 44sp, 212 def
Moves: Will-o-wisp, Scald, Confuse Ray, Recover

The king of burns. Will-o-wisp to burn anything not hurt by scald, and has a better burn rate. Scald does decent damage, and the threat of burning always helps. Confuse ray cripples standard sweepers, and can ruin many a good strategy. Finally, recover to annoy those trying to wittle away at Jellicents bulk.

Rosez66

Ace trainer
Firstly you seem to have two pokemon which can take advantage of sun, so I suggest adding ninetales perhaps instead of lucario as his fire weakness would be increased in the sun.
Mamoswine can be kept although you will need to keep thick fat. He is also a useful weapon for the damaging weather. However to the be useful you will need to replace superpower for stone edge, and life orb instead of muscle band.
On Latinas have leftovers. For more calm minds
Have life orb on infernape he won't want to do much switching being prone to entry hazards.
Also on venusaur with the eternal sun have the stand sweeper spread with, giga drain, growth, earthquake, and HP Fire. Giga drain is far superior because it works in and out of sun unlike soler beam.
Lastly scald is pointless on jelicent when you already have WoW run surf, although if you do add ninetales then you may want to reconsider water types altogether.

McDanger

Quick things first, wish and calm mind in the same set isnt a good idea, especially while he has access to recover. Next saur without perma sun isnt a good mon, even with sunny day as his stats are sub par, like ninetales, and infernape is bad atm with so much rain. Mamo also wants a LO, and latias wants a LO set (draco meteor, psyshock, surf(rain)/hp fire(other), recover)

Those nit-picks being said, your team has the option to go sun, rain, or clear skies

For sun i would add ninetales over jellicent as it doesnt do much for the high offensive tempo of sun teams, plus latias and venusaur can check most rain team threats. Next i would switch lucario for starmie as sun starmie is an effective spinner, as well as a nice back up rain counter. Lastly i would change infernape to a physical based choice scarfed set with HP ice, u turn, close combat, fire punch/flare blitz/fire blast

For rain, you`ll need politoed, who can be put in in place of infernape. Latias is still nice on a rain team, as is jellicent I would change venusaur to ferrothorn so you have a solid resistor and hazard stacker. Mamoswine is a nice pokemon atm as it checks thunderus, landorus and dragons, which as all pains. The last mon, i would switch lucario for thunderus theran as he is a top rain sweeper, and fits nicely in the team

For cs, lucario is a beast, while latias checks keldeo and terrakion, while baiting in banded/scarfed ttar, which gives lucario a chance to boost. Here i would suggest landorus therian over mamoswine so you have a offensive pivot/physical check as well as a better hazard lead/u turner. Next i would change jellicent to CB scizor as it revenges faster threats as well as gengar that stops lucario. Again, i would change infernapes set to a special LO set with hp ice, fire blast, focus blast/close combat, vacuum wave/grass knot, and change venusaur to celebi as it adds a back up check to lando and thunderus as well as keldeo

CedOmega

4570-7932-5223
Hello Grassmaster411, you have a cool team here.

First things first, I've noticed that you have a huge weakness to Gyarados threats. Gyarados can come in on 1/3 of your team without a worry(Infernape and Jellicent), and possibly set up for SubDD or a straightforward DD to sweep. The SubDD set in particular is very annoying to your team, as they can come in on Infernape and Jellicent(When predicting Recover) and set up wiht impunity. A fix to this would be to run a spread of Mach Punch, Fire Punch, Thunder Punch & U-Turn with perhaps Choice Scarf, Life Orb or Choice Band. If Choice Scarf, opt for Close Combat. I don't really know why you're running Navie nature since you have a full physical set and are running no Sp.Attacks at all. I'd suggest fixing that by changing its nature to Jolly.

I'd suggest changing Venusaur's current set to something more beneficial like the MixSaur set of GigaDrain, Hidden Power(Fire/Ice) and Earthquake with LifeOrb. This helps against certain Heatran threats like Scarfed Heatran, whom seem to be arising in popularity recently. A Naive nature is ultimately the best to use when testing this set, as it enables Venusaur to outpace Scarfed Lati twins and Terrakion threats. I somehow fell Venusaur to be replacable, though.

I've come to notice a huge Volcarona weakness on your team. Having no real solution to it outside of Infernape once @ +1 Quiver Dance, I would suggest using Stone Edge on Mamoswine to handle Volcarona threats that lack Giga Drain; otherwise, it's a OHKO. Your other only option would be to try and wall it with Jellicent, but it takes little damage from Confuse Ray's recoil and minor damage from Scald @ +2 QD. I'd also advise using Toxic over Will-o-Wisp to wallbreak the opponent and help Jellicent with stalling against Volcarona whom lack Giga Drain; again, it scores a OHKO @ +2 QD/ 2HKO @ +1 QD. In other words, if it sets up +2, it'll completely sweep your team.

We come down to my last suggestion for you, this one being centered on changes for Latias. A CM+Recover set would be the best for you to use from what I can see. A spread of DragonPulse, Psyshock, Calm Mind & Recover seems to fit in well on your team with a Timid nature and 252 Speed/ 216 Sp.Attk/ 40 Hp. That said, your only concern would be Scizor's boosted U-Turn(s) and Pursuit(s), which are easily taken care of by Infernape while U-Turn can be cockblocked by Jellicent.

With that said, I wish you the best of luck with the team. :)

Last edited: