• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

PO Tiers VS Smogon Tiers

PO or Smogon Tiers?

• PO

Votes: 32 21.8%
  • Smogon

Votes: 115 78.2%

• Total voters
I played UU a little in gen 4 before. But this 5th gen "UU" seems nothing like gen 4 UU.

Well yeah. Theres 150+ new Pokemon and most of them won't fit into OU. So they go to UU. New UU is actually a lot of fun. I like it a lot more than OU at the moment.

Edit: Well PO OU kind of sucks since they've pretty much abandoned it. But UU is good.

The way Pokemon get banned in PO pretty much goes like this.

1) You make a discussion thread of said Poke.
2) Eventually you ask a mod if you can make a Suspect thread. (or maybe admin?) If the mod says no, well.. it doesn't become a suspect.
3) People argue back and forth for a few weeks. Generally a mod makes the final decision which is really stupid but actually turns out ok most of the time.

Right now Coyotte (the admin) seems to think the tiers are relatively balanced, which they might be. Most of PO's efforts have been going towards UU which I'm ok with since Smogon's OU is superior right now.

calze6

Reclaiming da ladder
That seems a little informal. These idiots may think that something like charizard is too strong (bad example, but still) and if everyone agrees, mods will have to do some thinking.

Thats kind of true, but generally in those situations the topic is just closed or laughed at.

These idiots
still really not seeing why they're idiots for reasons already said before which you seem to ignore completely and utterly.

also hopefully smogon gets stats out soon. they're still discussing the cutoff though so no fingers crossed. :/

Haxorusfan

Dragon Trainer
i lik pokemon online cause it has fifth gen pokemon

Eaglehawk

Banned

Porgon-XYZ

Wut are you saying?
I like Smogen's tiers because it includes every pokemon and there tier, unlike PO.

tombux

any one know what Haxorus and more of the new Pokemon are classed in?;000;

:wub:disc

more like :mam:anbou
smogon tiers don't exist aside from ubers (and little cup i guess?). can't really compare them to p-o atm. unbanning evasion was incredibly silly but "it's worth a test" as it's a new metagame after all.

it's easy to judge p-o's uu tiers when you don't have anything to compare them with. smogon's uu will probably also include azelf / suicune / flygon / deo-d etc. as these are really not used on their server either. i still disagree with terakion being there purely because i feel it should be used in OU more than it is but whatever, hera was UU in smogon's 4th gen uu for a while and if i told you this back in the first few months of gen 4 you'd **** yourself laughing.

Quite frankly, I see smogon's tiers a bit conflicting. They banned Drizzle+Swift Swim, so why not Drought+Chlorophyll or Sand Stream+Sand Rush? It's completely illogical. Personally, I think there needs to be another tier all together where these so called "OP" Pokemon can be placed, just to make those who view them as metagame breaking happy. Just my opinion, though.

Quite frankly, I see smogon's tiers a bit conflicting. They banned Drizzle+Swift Swim, so why not Drought+Chlorophyll or Sand Stream+Sand Rush? It's completely illogical.

Why should they be banned when they're not overpowered? It's fairly illogical to say that Kingdra in the rain is comparable to Venusaur in the sun when the only similarity is that they're fast; fact is, sun teams are fairly bad even with Chlorophyll and certainly aren't overpowered. The only relevant Pokémon with Sand Rush is Excadrill, and he's not overpowered, so it would be pointless to ban Sand Stream + Sand Rush.

Rain is different to the other weathers. It was the strongest weather before Swift Swim + Drizzle was banned, it's still arguably the strongest weather even with it gone.

Personally, I think there needs to be another tier all together where these so called "OP" Pokemon can be placed, just to make those who view them as metagame breaking happy. Just my opinion, though.

This sounds like you're describing the Uber tier to me, no? If something breaks OU, we dump it there. It's a reasonably fun metagame to play, even if it hasn't changed that much since gen IV.

stenli

Flabebes
P.O. S.U.C.K.S.
Smogonites discuss things more systematicly.

I kinda disagree to their S.S. Drizzle ban though I realize rain makes Water-types overpowered.

The metagame is too Exca-centric now, which means Hippo / Ttar are also all around. This makes sand team easily predictable. That's why they dont ban Sand Rush + Stream. Plus, Excadrill ****ed by priority user e.g. Mach Punchers (Breloom and co.) and CB Azumarill...