• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

PO Tiers VS Smogon Tiers

PO or Smogon Tiers?

• PO

Votes: 32 21.8%
  • Smogon

Votes: 115 78.2%

• Total voters
I didn't think of Blaziken too much as a suspect until now but I do kind of agree with Smogon here.

Haxorusfan

Dragon Trainer
I don't like smogon cause they banned SB blaziken which is one of my favorite pokemon

Raikaria

You will obey!
I've played both PO and Smogon in 4th and 5th Gen, so...

Smogon Teirs:

Pros:
More balanced OU, and UU, due to the more rirgorous, and time-intensive, testing progress.
Dosen't usually give into scrub arguments, such as 'Blaziken is a starter so isnt Uber!'
Can come up with some pretty good ideas to problems, such as the SS+Drizzle Ban.

Cons:
Sometimes TOO rigorous. Latias. That is all
Can be too slow. 3 years, and they didn't even get to NU [Although, it sounded like they intended to, because UU was stable... then B/W was announced]

PO:

Pros:
MUCH faster teiring. They have UU, and a BL, already. They also started to sort out Nu, although, not directly, in Gen 4 [They provided a ladder for the NU people, and made the bans that a group of people who played Nu made, namely, Espeon and Entei [After Flare Blitz]]
Testing Dream World as an individual metagame, good for predicting the future, I guess.

Cons:
Teirs still have issues, such as their OU being dominated by Swift Swim and Sun + Blaziken
Easier to vote on PO, so more tendencies to give into worse players, who will not vote something broken uber, because they abuse it.
Some good stuff is in lower teirs. Obviously, the PO people don't get the beauty of spamming Hurricane under the rain, as Tornadus is LU

Basically, if you want to play the lower teirs faster, and get away from weather wars, for now, PO wins.
If you want more enjoyable teirs, and you are willing to wait a bit longer, Smogon wins.

Dragrath

Dragon Onslaught
Pokemon Onlines tiers fail as they flat out baned rain as oposed to neating swift swim like smogon. Now sand is nigh impossible to stop.... (I had used poli simply as it was the only weather starter who didn't die in one hid to sand abusers stabs....<never used a swift swimer...)

The only reason I don't like PO is for 'banning' politoed.

Swift Swim + Drizzle banned is fine imo. This is really rediculous.
If you ban politoed Sand + Sun will take over and will get banned soon too.
Weather is dominating in the new generation and it should stay like this.
My rain team doesn't contain a single swift swimmer and it rocks like hell. There are ways to use the rain besides Swift Swim. PO said they didn't want to ban parts of the pokemon, like abilities. This is just *** imo. If Politoed becomes uber it won't change much, since the 5th gen competitive play is really based on weather.

End YES they should ban SB blaziken since that thing is insane.

Dragrath

Dragon Onslaught
The only reason I don't like PO is for 'banning' politoed.

Swift Swim + Drizzle banned is fine imo. This is really rediculous.
If you ban politoed Sand + Sun will take over and will get banned soon too.
Weather is dominating in the new generation and it should stay like this.
My rain team doesn't contain a single swift swimmer and it rocks like hell. There are ways to use the rain besides Swift Swim. PO said they didn't want to ban parts of the pokemon, like abilities. This is just *** imo. If Politoed becomes uber it won't change much, since the 5th gen competitive play is really based on weather.

End YES they should ban SB blaziken since that thing is insane.

Sand owns sun and hail, so PO OU is really just a Sandstorm tier now....
Infinate rain on a swift swimer can be a little broken you know...(such pokemon reach uber ability with perma rain)<then again so does Excadrill....>