• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pocchama Water/Flying?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lapras_Lover

Could Pocchama possibly be Water/Flying?

We all know that Pocchama is a Penguin, and knows the following three flying attacks:

* Peck
* Fury Attack
* Drill Peck

It seems that Pocchama is a Water/Flying Pokemon...

~ Lapras_Lover

Libra

Signature Maker
Probably not. Goldeen have those moves aswell and she's not classified as a flying type. I see Pocchama as a Water/Ice or Water/Fighting.

jayykay

Dino Tamer
no i hope not. that'll put Naetoru in huge disadvantage.

Absol_utely

Cool Trainer
I thought it would be a good assumption when i read its attacks too, but Gligamesh has a point, 'cos penguins can't fly...it may not be Water/Flying, then again it learns no ice moves...

Swellow_91

I won't give up!
It could be since it resembles a penguin , a bird specie. And since when is Fury Attack a Flying type attack ?

pajama

SNAIL <3
delibird is a penguin pokemon and he can fly. And i think he may become water/flying or water/ice

X the.only.trainer.ever X

Just a lil' synth
Has anyone seen scans of this Poke from different angles?

The blue thing behind it's head looks almost Jet-Engine -ish.

So Pocchama may start out as pure Water but it's evoluion counterparts may obtain the Flying attribute

Skinwalker

Dodrio has no wings yet can fly.

Seeing Pocchama go down the physical route is pretty disapointing, but I hope Hikozaru goes on a special route (though that looks doubtful now too) :(

Maybe

Perfection
Please note the following - Those are Pocchamas attacks.
It's like Blaziken learns different moves than torchic.

Pocchama is a 1st stage stater.
There is almost no way he will have dual type.
His evolutions might be ice or flying, and learn other moves.

Malachite Treecko

Neither Ice or Flying, because that woudl screw up the tradition. Then, let Naetoru (or evo) be Grass/Ground or Grass/Rock, and Hikozaru Electric! Yeeeeeeaaaaaah!

Zahro

Could Pocchama possibly be Water/Flying?

We all know that Pocchama is a Penguin, and knows the following three flying attacks:

* Peck
* Fury Attack
* Drill Peck

It seems that Pocchama is a Water/Flying Pokemon...

~ Lapras_Lover

Fury Attack is normal. And if it has a beak, it doesn't mean that it is flying. If it would know fly or wing attack, then it probably would be. Torchik also learns Peck.
Also, it may learn new moves when it evolves. Torchik didn't learn any fightning attack, but Combusken did. Maybe it will become part water/ice, water/??? when it evolves.

Last edited:

John's Knight

Please note the following - Those are Pocchamas attacks.
It's like Blaziken learns different moves than torchic.

Pocchama is a 1st stage stater.
There is almost no way he will have dual type.
His evolutions might be ice or flying, and learn other moves.

Was gonna say that. As well as Mudkip.
But I don't think so. But I don't know...

roy_vos

Pkmn researcher
i hope poochama gonna be water-ice or water-fly

DANdotW

Previously Iota
What tradition are you talking about? I hope you're not on about Starters being one type.

Bulbasaur was Grass/Poison without evolving. Point made.

If anything, it will evolve into Flying or Ice, which is redundant since everyone has said that already. Either way, this Pokémon is going to wreck Naetoru completely, and it's meant to be strong against Pochamma :/

I honestly hope it stays a Water Type. I'd prefer it if the starters all stayed one type this game, like it was in G/S/C.

Iota

Lapras_Lover

Well, doesn't then the 'beak" shows a little evidence about it that its Water/Flying?

The Flat World

Free Trade For All
the answer is a DEFINITE NO to both ice AND flying

because it screws up the starters rock-paper-scissors cycle.

Maybe

Perfection
Please note I said almost, because only 1 out of 9 had two types from 1st stage.
That's a chance of 1/9.

I really, really don't see him being a flying. Sorry, but no, just no.

His evolutions may be, but that still doesn't sound right to me.

I can see Ice more than flying.

Status
Not open for further replies.