• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pocket Monsters 2019 Anime: Thoughts before anime started vs thoughts now!

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
Sorry, but Go throwing two Pokeballs and catching two Pokemon with no struggle within 5 seconds is not meaningful enough to label the entire episode as 'non-filler', especially when those Pokemon, unlike Scorbunny, will not be a part of Go's main team and will essentially be stuck at the lab and we'll never see most of the time.

That just doesn't work for me.

I'm not going to recommend people to watch the awful Ho-oh episode and tell them it's not a filler because Go had two crappy captures in a span of 5 seconds. That episode *is* a filler because nothing of value or relevance happened.

But those pokemon do keep showing up again and again in other episodes. Just because you don't care for them doesn't mean they are important or that it's a filler. U can't just describe anything as filler based on ur opinion about the episode. Heck fillers as a term just doesn't work for a series like Pokemon.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
Sorry, but Go throwing two Pokeballs and catching two Pokemon with no struggle within 5 seconds is not meaningful enough to label the entire episode as 'non-filler', especially when those Pokemon, unlike Scorbunny, will not be a part of Go's main team and will essentially be stuck at the lab and we'll never see most of the time.

That just doesn't work for me.

I'm not going to recommend people to watch the awful Ho-oh episode and tell them it's not a filler because Go had two crappy captures in a span of 5 seconds. That episode *is* a filler because nothing of value or relevance happened.

Except we've seen Go use the pokemon again so there is no reason to think they will never be seen again. They've legit all shown up again and regardless of the content of the episode, a pokemon was captured and if said pokemon is used again and someone is curious where they were caught, they can point to that specific episode. Don't get me wrong, I'm not arguing about the quality, I'm just saying that they weren't technically fillers as something important happened in them. It doesn't matter how meaningless you think the pokemon are, they are still a capture by a main character.

D

Deleted member 384931

My main concern is that they dont stay long enough in one place.

D

Deleted member 384931

Gou catching Pokémon has no connection to Mew. It makes his goal a little bit weird, because he cant really grow in it, maybe only if he catches more Pokémon. We also dont not really know why Gou is so obsessed with Mew and if ep 1 is all the backstory we will get, it will be poor. And is there way he will catch Mew?

Ash is there for sering the world I guess. I find it really confusing where this series will go with Ash. He is a strong trainer and degrading him would be a shame. But there must be a challenge for him.

For the professor and Gous childhood friend, I find them bland for supporting characters tbh.

Henry's Journey

Except we've seen Go use the pokemon again so there is no reason to think they will never be seen again. They've legit all shown up again and regardless of the content of the episode, a pokemon was captured and if said pokemon is used again and someone is curious where they were caught, they can point to that specific episode. Don't get me wrong, I'm not arguing about the quality, I'm just saying that they weren't technically fillers as something important happened in them. It doesn't matter how meaningless you think the pokemon are, they are still a capture by a main character.

It'll be hard to convince them because they have bias toward Go as a character so they will deem episodes where he catches a pokemon a filler no matter what lol they're wrong but won't accept it so whatever.

Leonhart

Imagineer
KenzeyEevee said:
My main concern is that they dont stay long enough in one place.

Personally, I see that as a good thing, because I don't like the idea of Satoshi spending that much time in a region he's already explored for a long time before. I could easily deal with a Galar mini-arc in the future because it's a new region for Satoshi and Gou since they've only been there for a short time before, but I'd hate to see Satoshi and Gou spend multiple episodes in Isshu for instance.

Joltik-Kid

Careful? Where's the fun in that?
It's the slowest and most troublesome start to any Pokemon series to date... but with confirmation that Ash will indeed still be capturing Pokemon, its finally started to gain some steam imo. Let's see if I can ride this train all the way to the end lol

pancakemonster

Alola...home...
I just wanna know why, if Ash apparently IS allowed to catch Pokemon, why he can't get anything from Galar. Feel like till he has at least one capture from there, something is gonna be missing for me.

Red and Blue

I just wanna know why, if Ash apparently IS allowed to catch Pokemon, why he can't get anything from Galar. Feel like till he has at least one capture from there, something is gonna be missing for me.
Who said he can't get anything from Galar? They still haven't shown Grookey or Sobble yet

Leonhart

Imagineer
pancakemonster said:

There's nothing stopping him from getting a Galar Pokemon later on, though. This series will probably last at least three years like most previous sagas, so there's plenty of time for him to get a Gen VIII Pokemon. I admit that I would've liked for him to have caught something when he first visited Galar, but those episodes seemed to be more Gou-focused for the most part, so I understood why Satoshi didn't get anything at the time.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
It'll be hard to convince them because they have bias toward Go as a character so they will deem episodes where he catches a pokemon a filler no matter what lol they're wrong but won't accept it so whatever.

Nope, it's filler. Only not a filler if he gets a Pokemon that actually sticks like Scorbunny, otherwise you have to count the episode Ash got Seaking as not a filler. See how ridiculous that'd be? Go's captures are filler, Ash's aren't.

He will get something, I don't see why he wouldn't. The starters need promoting and he's almost certainly getting Kubfu as well

pancakemonster

Alola...home...
I wasn’t saying he LITERALLY can’t, just that I’m frustrated he hasn’t already, and that it’s odd they’d make a Kanto Pokémon his first capture instead.

Twilight-Kun

Pokemon World Champion
Nope, it's filler. Only not a filler if he gets a Pokemon that actually sticks like Scorbunny, otherwise you have to count the episode Ash got Seaking as not a filler. See how ridiculous that'd be? Go's captures are filler, Ash's aren't.
The problem with Go is that we can't call an episode Filler until much later in the series

Did he catch a pokémon?
Yes?
Does it get used in an episode?
Yes?
Does it show up in multiple other episodes after the opening, because them showing up in the background while they're setting up the episode's plot doesn't count?
No?
Then it's Filler.

It's like what happened with the game aspects in Sun & Moon, where it's never brought up outside of whatever arc they're in the middle of - they'll go from facing down an Ultra Beast to partaking in a haunted house episode or dealing with Team Rocket like they weren't just inches from death a week ago

There's gonna be a lot of harsh hindsight in this series, probably with a few exciting ideas fizzling into nothingness, and obvious plotlines being ignored in favor of something inane and forgettable

Leonhart

Imagineer
pancakemonster said:
I wasn’t saying he LITERALLY can’t, just that I’m frustrated he hasn’t already, and that it’s odd they’d make a Kanto Pokémon his first capture instead.

Well considering that he's spent more time in Kanto so far in this series than in Galar, I don't think it's too strange that he captured a Kanto Pokemon before he caught a Galar Pokemon. Also, the writers seem to be trying out new things in this series anyway, so some patterns from the past [such as him getting Pokemon from the most current generation] might not even apply anymore.

Last edited:

ShadowForce720

He will get something, I don't see why he wouldn't. The starters need promoting and he's almost certainly getting Kubfu as well

That's not even close to being comparable considering the fact that in Ash's Seaking's case he release it right away since it was part of the rules of the contest he was in, where in Gou's case when catches a pokemon, all the pokemon he has obtained so far he keeps, and they do show up in future episodes. Just because you don't like Gou doesn't mean that when he captures a pokemon that it is somehow filler.

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
I like Gou as a character a lot and I hold similar sentiments to people who feel as though episodes like the Ho-oh one are borderline filler. There doesn’t have to be some bias to think that.

I don’t see the use in arguing over what’s filler anyway.

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
It's not what's filler or not, its whats boring and a waste of an episode, like the formulaic cotd/Team Rocket episodes where a Pokemon learns a move or whatever.