• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pocket Monsters 2019 Anime: Thoughts before anime started vs thoughts now!

ShadowForce720

...Because it's not his pokemon and he has no basis for its behavior?

Um, what are you talking about? Ash has always shown a willingness to help Pokémon even if said Pokémon doesn’t belong to him, so him helping Scorbunny even though it wasn’t his Pokémon is completely in character for him.

ShinyCharyZard

Too old for your rubbish..
So what? It doesn’t matter if Goh asked for Ash’s help or not as it’s completely within Ash’s character to help another character or a Pokémon that doesn’t belong to him without needing to be asked.

Ash will only interfere if he feels that it's in the Pokemons best interest (e.g. Chimchar), however if he feels that it's a situation best managed by the Pokemon and its trainer, then he won't get involved. There was nothing happening of which would have required him to step in..

mystreon

the elder eevee
Im ewnjoying it but they lean to much on gen 1 pandering and gos stupid gimmick, i really enjoyed the go cares about his family episode and the dratini nature documentary episode.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
And since around SM, he kind of stopped using the dex on older pokémon. On SM it was about Rotom being obsessed with updating his files and he is used the dex very sparingly on Journeys. Most of the times it's Goh using ScreamyDex. The few times he did for older pokémon were justfied like he scanning Meowth's entry to show to a duo of kids.

Even on XY, I think I recall he only used it for new pokémon while Serena would scan the old ones.

FlygontheRavager

#1 Pokémon Anime Fan!
Ash never says "what's that" when seeing a old pokémon. That's just a dumb overreaction from continuity freaks. "OMG, Ash used the pokédex on a old pokémon!!! Does he don't remember it?!!!".

Same as don't remembering old characters.

But in the Dragonite episode, Ash was too excited to see a Dragonite, like if it was a big deal.

Given that wild Dragonite are pretty rare and that they were on an island filled with them, I don’t see why he shouldn’t have been excited.

TheNewGuy

You should never not be excited to see Dragonite. Its kind of a big deal.

Anyway, I thought it was directionless at first but Ash building a monstrously good team and even building towards him being a top 8 trainer in the world is really interesting. It's a great logical progression from finally winning a championship and I like the direction it's going of having a very strong version of Ash leading the show. It feels like the show has actually evolved properly for maybe the first time. I love not knowing where they're going to be next, who Ash might battle, and the complete skipping of tiresome Scratch and Tackle-fests. Ash was using like Psychic and Night Shade 15 episodes in. Great.

In previous iterations I basically dismissed huge swathes of the show as skippable filler but with this thing darting all over the world it's definitely not. Some of it still feels skippable but a bit less imo. It's practically all highlights.

D

Deleted member 384931

I wonder where its gonna end if Ash becomes so strong

Yep. Ash said that beating Leon would be one of the first steps to becoming a Pokemon Master...So if Ash does end up beating Leon, I'm interested in seeing where they go next, unless they decide to retire Ash as the main protagonist.

Now that I keep watching the show, I'm just wondering what Ash's final team is going to look like in terms of new captures. I'm even more interested in whether he will start to use some reserves once the competition gets harder. I don't know how I would feel if he doesn't, especially with the recent episode (24) with a random Charizard being next to Ash... Maybe the writers want to focus more on his new captures (Gengar, Dragonite, Riolu...Maybe Sobble if he does end up catching it) but this is a world tournament. The episode featuring all of Goh's captures (23) made the urge for Ash's older Pokemon to appear again even stronger too.

For now I'm actually enjoying the series, though I'm not too critical when it comes to Pokemon in general.

PsychoLogical

Black and White, Yin and Yang, Light and Dark.
The only thing that I want to know for this whole series is what the writers have planned for Ash to own in this series. It’s already stated that Ash wants to catch more pkmn and with his current team, he definitely means it and he looks to be building a massive rotation team that’s also done right. And since this series is to promote all regions (mainly Galar however), I’m expecting multiple captures from each region with a minimum of 2 per region except for Galar since every new region always has Ash owning at least 5 new region pkmn and maybe Unova due to the sheer amount of pkmn native to the region. If we do the math and calculations, he looks to be getting between 20-30 pkmn. Maybe even more if possible.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Mew29240 said:
It would be a good time to start exploring what else one must do to become a Pokemon Master, especially since they're hinting is more than just being the strongest trainer.

Although I personally don't think that it'll get to that point, because even if Satoshi beats Dande at the Pokemon World Championship at the end of this series, I fully expect him to have to begin a new journey right afterwards, thereby making his victory moot.

PsychoLogical

20-30 seem way too much 10-15 seem more reasonable
The anime’s promoting all regions remember? 10-15 is the more unreasonable number instead. You can’t really just say you’re promoting all regions if you don’t have the main protagonist catching representatives from each region as well. Despite this not being locked to Galar, they still need to promote it so that region will definitely have a minimum of 5 captures due to tradition for going into new regions. If we do the math by adding 5 Galar mons, that’ll be 9 mons in Ash’s rotation team. However like I said, the writers look to be having Ash get at least 2 new captures per region just from his current team alone.

D

Deleted member 384931

The anime’s promoting all regions remember? 10-15 is the more unreasonable number instead. You can’t really just say you’re promoting all regions if you don’t have the main protagonist catching representatives from each region as well. Despite this not being locked to Galar, they still need to promote it so that region will definitely have a minimum of 5 captures due to tradition for going into new regions. If we do the math by adding 5 Galar mons, that’ll be 9 mons in Ash’s rotation team. However like I said, the writers look to be having Ash get at least 2 new captures per region just from his current team alone.

Isnt that too much to handle? Look how BW turned out with rotation.

PsychoLogical

Isnt that too much to handle? Look how BW turned out with rotation.
There’s a big difference. Ash was travelling in BW in one region with no fixed staying spot. He was always on the move (this detail in particular is the one that people always miss when they try to rebuke rotation). In Pokemon Journeys, he has a homebase which is the Cerise Lab and isn’t on the move roaming in Galar, making rotation very easy and doable while also easily giving screentime.

Last edited:

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
If they really wanted to promote all the regions then they should have Ash use all of the Pokemon he has in reserves in the first place instead of catching the current Pokemon he's catching now. What he's doing now is no different from the past series except that he's catching Pokemon 'he missed out on capturing the first time around'. I'd rather he just used his reserves instead of having them rot away in Oak's lab like they are right now instead of catching all of these fanfiction used Pokemon.