1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Pocket Monsters (2019) Characters Speculation Thread

Discussion in 'Animé Spoilers' started by Dephender, Sep 29, 2019.

1. Spider-Phoenix

Spider-Phoenix Go, Go Power Rangers

I'd love for that to happen but it seems like the anime tends to prefer creating original characters. Just look at Ash's previous major rivals. Only Gary was an anime version of the games' rival.

(By the way, I'm refering to major/main rival and not recurring, secundary ones like Barry, Bianca, Tierno and Hau)

Ubermuk likes this.
  2. British Soul

British Soul Top Hat Regulator

I do think it's safe to rule them out considering the current era that we're in.

3. ShadowForce720

ShadowForce720 Well-Known Member

Just pointing this out your forgetting Gladion.

Umm I'm pretty sure people would have said something similar about the idea of Lance battling against Leon, had we not gotten confirmation that Leon was facing Lance in the summary and pictures for the episode. So if Lance can return to fight Leon over Raihan being used to fight him, then I don't think you can rule oult older dragon- type users as options.

4. Hyper Missingno

Hyper Missingno Well-Known Member

Yeah, I know. I'm just become unsure about having badges and attending to Pokemon League now since this episode is saying like ranking is more important than getting badges now.

5. Bortgreen

Bortgreen UP NEXT: The bEGGinning of greatness!

With Masters reasonable success there's no reason for them to not bring back game characters

Oh, and since they're using the online in-game system, this explains how a World Championships can happen more than once in a year. That system has monthly seasons

6. Egakor

Egakor Well-Known Member

So that means there's a possibility we will have an Ash's Ranking Battle Episode each month, right?

7. Bortgreen

No, the season would be from now until Ash finally faces Leon a couple of years from now
    Remember, time in this anime is weirdly slow

8. Lol both Ash and Serena will participate in the master class (although different)

Spider-Phoenix and wolf jani like this.
  9. Dark Nymphia

Dark Nymphia New Member

What do you think Koharu's English name is going to be?

I've made some guesses based on the meaning of her Japanese name.

Her Japanese name, "Koharu" means "Indian Summer" and in Kanji contains the characters "小"(ko) which means "small" and "春"(haru) which means "spring" (like the season).

My top guesses for her English name are: Kirsten (sounds similar to the word "kirsche" which means "cherry" in German), Cerise (literally means "cherry" in French), Avia (similar to the species name for the sweet cherry: Prunus avium), Serra (similar to the species name for the Japanese cherry: Prunus serrulata), Cera/or spelled "Sara" with the same pronunciation (after the species name for the sour cherry: Prunus cerasus), April (like the month), Autumn (like the season), or Julia (similar to the month July).

Leonhart likes this.
  10. Kazuniya

Kazuniya Reading some posts

Omg, that's an Amourshipping hint

11. Leonhart

Leonhart Imagineer

I suggested April as her possible English dub name a while back based on the meaning of haru (spring). But that's assuming that TPCi decides to translate her name directly. What concerns me more is what Gou's English name will be.

Dark Nymphia and wolf jani like this.
  12. Lol i dont think so

13. CMButch

CMButch Kanto is love. Kanto is life.

In BW episode Dream Continues Ash said he won't stop until he meets every single one of Pokemon, so, based on that alone; Ash will be in Pokemon until end of Pokemon games because each Pokemon games have new Pokemon Xhahahha.

RLC, Dragalge, Ubermuk and 3 others like this.
  14. Leonhart

Leonhart Imagineer

I wouldn't put much stock in that one line of dialogue, honestly. I think it's likely that he'll stick around for a very long time despite some people thinking that the Pokemon World Championship subplot will be his exit ticket from the series, but he's known to make promises that he doesn't keep.

15. Zoruagible

Zoruagible Lover of underrated characters

Maybe all of the Galar gym leaders will get to show up after all.
    Hopefully anyway.... I'd like for Piers, Kabu, Melony, Nessa, and Alistair to appear at the very least.

I hope they split the battles more evenly this go around, and one of the early Pokemon don't get Torracat'd. I wanna see Dragonite and Gengar fighting as much as Pikachu and Lucario.

16. CMButch

CMButch Kanto is love. Kanto is life.

Yeah, I mean writers change everything like socks. But let's be honest, series without Ash and Pikachu would flop. Look at all series that re flopping: Yugioh, Digimon, when they change protagonists.
    I mean if James Bond or Goku can be main characters for 60 years and Goku for 35 years, why not Ash.
    Not to mention that Ash is so far up in the game it's too late to change him; I mean he needs to become Pokemon Master and nothing is known about that. Even if he wins aka beats Leon( which I don't think it will happen), if he does, that doesn't mean Pokemon Master, Master can mean meet all Pokemon, to be strongest trainer and in Gen 9 they could easily make someone much stronger than Leon and Ash and after that and after that. Not to mention that games will continue to be making money( Sword and Shield so far sold 18 million copies, and it will be more with DLC, so Pokemon is not stopping: Gen 9 is on the way and whenever Gen will come; Ash will be there.( not to mention Ash could've changed like 2-3 times: OS, BW and PM and he still stayed).

anjunajake likes this.
  17. Bortgreen

Porygon evolutions
    f

18. Its weird: a battle orientated goal after a sof series.

SerenaRulez likes this.
  19. Leonhart

Leonhart Imagineer

I really hope that Satoshi will meet all those Gym Leaders and that Pikachu will take a back seat during most of the Galar Gym battles. Kairyu deserves to shine in a few Gyms, and then there's Barrierd and whatever the rest of Satoshi's team will be.

20. RileyXY1

RileyXY1 Young Battle Trainer

Ash is not doing Gyms at all. We're most likely not going to see any of the Galar Gym Leaders unless Gou decides to challenge the Galar Gyms.

SerenaRulez likes this.