1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Pocket Monsters (2019) Characters Speculation Thread

Discussion in 'Animé Spoilers' started by Dephender, Sep 29, 2019.

1. ShadowForce720

ShadowForce720 Well-Known Member

Sure Ash is not doing the gyms, but there is no reason why we can't still see the gym leaders without Go having to challenge the gyms as they can easily have some of the gym leaders enter the ranking system of the world tournament.

2. game3524

game3524 Well-Known Member

Ash will likely face some Galar gym leaders in the tournament, as well as popular gym leaders from other regions.

3. Leonhart

Leonhart Imagineer

I agree. And in a way I'd prefer him battling the Gym Leaders in a Pokemon World Tournament type setting rather than him traveling around Galar to face them all one at a time, anyway. It'd be so much less time consuming that way.

4. Spider-Phoenix

Spider-Phoenix Go, Go Power Rangers

I think Hunter would be quite fitting. Or even Chase for a LGPE connection since, in a way, Go is an adaptation of that character.

5. Rohanator

Rohanator Well-Known Member

Satoshi is basically gonna do what Haruka and Hikari did in Contests, a quest to reach a master rank via tournaments where rather than beating one boss enemy you have to battle your peers.

Kinda funny to think how rival battles were never technically necessary for him before reaching a league, now there's a bit more stakes, like if he loses to a rival in a tournament he can't just redo it and might even fall in rank (doubt that though, would just stretch things out).

And yeah those rivals might as well include the Galar gym leaders if actual gym battles aren't gonna be a thing.

RLC, desdar300, SerenaRulez and 2 others like this.
  6. It would make sense if those tournaments to go to a higher rank are held around rhe world. But why has no one ever heard about it before?

SerenaRulez, CMButch and janejane6178 like this.
  7. Kazuniya

Kazuniya Reading some posts

What I'm most curious about is if the battles will be mostly 1 v 1? Or like 3 v 3?

I can't imagine 6 v 6 for every battle.

8. catch am all

catch am all Active Member

Perfect

9. lolipiece

lolipiece Check it out! Staff Member Moderator

I do have to wonder.

Is the tournament a "you lose, you're out" system, or is it a "you lose, your rank goes down and you'll have to win battles to raise it" system? Hopefully the latter. Otherwise the result of every battle will be clear by the time it starts.

It's simple: the writer's hadn't come up with it yet.

And last I checked, it was only Ash who was ignorant of the concept.

10. Leonhart

Leonhart Imagineer

I hope they're mostly three against three since that would make the battles go quicker. I know this is probably an unpopular opinion, but I generally dislike full battles since they tend to drag on too much.

11. RetroPokeFan

RetroPokeFan Well-Known Member

Never say never to the gym leaders, they can still show up even with the badge quest formula now officially an ancient relic.

12. Henry's Journey

Henry's Journey Well-Known Member

I think Ash could still challenge some of the Galar gym leaders in the World Championship and it wouln't be bad at all if Go gets more experienced and gets to fight some of them as well.

13. RileyXY1

RileyXY1 Young Battle Trainer

There's just no reason to include them if no one is challenging the Gyms. I think that Ash's opponents will be all anime-original characters except for the game Champions.

SerGoldenhandtheJust likes this.
  14. Leonhart

Leonhart Imagineer

I think that Satoshi should be the only one who gets to battle the Galar Gym Leaders either at their Gyms or at a Pokemon World Tournament since he's never met them before, which I feel should give him priority over Gou to battle them. If Gou needs to battle Gym Leaders, there are over 40 others that have appeared from Kanto through Kalos that he can battle against, instead.

15. ShadowForce720

ShadowForce720 Well-Known Member

Not really, just because Gym Leaders are normally fought in gyms doesn't mean that they can't enter competitions and be fought elsewhere. Will there be some anime-exclusive characters that Ash will fight in the whole ranking system? Yes, but there isn't any actual reason why Gym Leaders, Elite 4 members, and other characters can't participate in the ranking system as well. Plus do to the nature of the ranking system it makes it easier for the writers to have Ash battle characters that he hasn't battled yet or that they didn't have a chance to introduce yet, for instance they could easily just throw in a battle against a Sinnoh Frontier Brain, or have Ash wind up having a rematch against Palmer or even fight one of the Hoenn Elite 4 members that haven't appeared in the anime yet etc.

16. Zoruagible

Zoruagible Lover of underrated characters

Hopefully 3v3.
    Ash only using one Pokemon in every battle is just plain boring. Especially as they still love to go and pick favorites, Greninja and Pikachu had the most in XY, Lycanroc and Pikachu had the most in SM....

I'd like to see the others actually get to do something, especially as there's a very great chance that Ash will have more than 6 active Pokemon on his team.
    When he gets in the higher ranks though, I'd like to see it gradually grow. That way there's more than one 6v6 this time, and the rivals can have more than just two/three Pokemon a piece again

wolf jani likes this.
  17. i2i

i2i Big Bad Wolf

I'm thinking if you're at the 1000 rank of the Normal Class and you lose, you're out until next season but if you're 999 rank or above your rank goes down.

KenzeyEevee likes this.
  18. Shotgunrain

Shotgunrain Well-Known Member

I just want to see Ash use reserves in these World Championship battles. Chances are low but I can always dream.

SerenaRulez and KenzeyEevee like this.
  19. Konja7

Konja7 Well-Known Member

No. That isn't how it works.

It seems Normal Class start in the rank 1000 onwards. Normal Class probably has an indefinite number of people, since you only have to sign in to enter.

Normal Class 1000~
    Super Class 100-999
    Hyper Class 9-99
    Master Class 1-8

RLC, SerenaRulez, Trey pokes and 2 others like this.
  20. catch am all

catch am all Active Member

i hope if ash uses reserves then he should evole UNAVO region pokemon he caught .

SerenaRulez and KenzeyEevee like this.