1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Pocket Monsters (2019) Characters Speculation Thread

Discussion in 'Animé Spoilers' started by Dephender, Sep 29, 2019.

1. Leonhart

Leonhart Imagineer

Gou having a rival would be interesting, and frankly I'd love if Karabari was his rival since he's a collector as well. I'd love to see Gou seek every Pokemon that he can get his hands on while Karabari tries to get the Shiny versions of all Pokemon that he can find.

Kawaii Emolga likes this.
  2. SerenaRulez

SerenaRulez Well-Known Member

The Pokemon ranger girl from today's episode was cute and seemed like a cool character that we could see again the next time Ash and Go visit Unova. :)

3. Henry's Journey

Henry's Journey Well-Known Member

I really like Go's goal of catching Pokémon, I relate as a gamer to Ash because of his passion for battles but to Go as well cuz I like to catch a lot of mons, I'm really starting to grow fond of this series!

Leonhart likes this.
  4. lolipiece

lolipiece Check it out! Staff Member Moderator

There's also the fact they introduced him in an episode that has nothing to do with Shiny Pokemon. His appearance in this week's ep was so random I'd be surprised if he wasn't a recurring character.

Plus, if Gou's gonna catch tons of Pokemon, him running into a Shiny (and potentially competing with Karabari for it) is kinda inevitable.

5. AuraChannelerChris

AuraChannelerChris "Magikazam!"

Screw Go. Gimme the gag trainer whom the writers see as an insult to us Shiny hunters.

6. Leonhart

Leonhart Imagineer

She'd be a slightly better choice than Satoshi and Gou meeting a new COTD on their next trip to Isshu, although the only thing that I liked about her was that she showcased an Asanan, which had been absent for over 500 episodes.

Last edited: Feb 24, 2020
  7. Zoruagible

Zoruagible Lover of underrated characters

She was cool but she seems more like a cotd than the shiny hunter. I wouldn't mind if she appears again, but I do hope it's not the next Unova episode. I'd like the trips to not feel too similar(Already getting the rest of the Wurmple line on the next Hoenn episode), I'd love to see Ash revisit the Battle Subway or a new Dom tournament on the next visit. With the Chandelure episode happening after that.

The shiny hunter feels like he'll return, they put a lot of work into a character who basically had no purpose for the episode, and was actually cool. It'd be awesome if he came back and competed with Ash over the right to capture a shiny Pokemon, and bonus points if there's an episode involving something like... well it's hard to think of something other than Gengar off the top of my head, but one of those shinies that look exactly like the standard Pokemon with Go catching said standard Pokemon over and over and over, thinking he has the shiny. Shiny hunter eventually catches said shiny, leaving Ash and Go puzzled on how he could tell it was a shiny.

Kawaii Emolga likes this.
  8. Leonhart

Leonhart Imagineer

I agree given that his hobby of collecting Shinies felt like something that the writers might want to go back to later on. I'd rather see Karabari return than meet a different character in another episode who has a similar hobby.

9. Spider-Phoenix

Spider-Phoenix Go, Go Power Rangers

The Lara Croft wannabe was kind boring in my opinion. Same goes for the middle-aged guy who watched too much magical girl anime.

The shiny hunter deserves more because how all his absurdity reflects what we see in reality.

Leonhart and KenzeyEevee like this.
  10. AuraChannelerChris

AuraChannelerChris "Magikazam!"

Everyone knows a girl must be at least sexy to be a Lara Croft wannabe.

Spider-Phoenix likes this.
  11. Fogsonite

Fogsonite Member

12. Fogsonite

Fogsonite Member

I agree, since the shiny hunter could appear again in another unova episode where he would compete with Ash on catching a shiny litwick or deino.

13. Hyper Missingno

Hyper Missingno Well-Known Member

Why shiny Litwick or Deino?

14. Fogsonite

Fogsonite Member

15. Fogsonite

Fogsonite Member

Well I was going by the popularity their evos have if that makes sense.

16. ShadowForce720

ShadowForce720 Well-Known Member

Actually thinking about it, it would make some sense if one of the episodes the Shiny Hunter comes back in takes place in the Nature Preserve where the Shiny Haxorus is and there competing to see who can catch the Shiny Haxorus, and maybe what they could do is have Go be the one to get it, while there is a different episode that feature another raid battle but this time against a Volcarona and Ash winds up catching it.

So basically while Go gets the Shiny Haxorus in one episode, Ash would get the Volcarona in another episode.

17. World Turtle

World Turtle Well-Known Member

I wonder if we'll ever meet Ash's Dad? We met Koharu's family and will be meeting Gou's family next episode. So it'd be nice if we got to meet Ash's Dad. Maybe Ash's Dad is taking part in the WC too and that's why he's been gone for so long?

Kawaii Emolga and BabaVanga like this.
  18. Egakor

Egakor Well-Known Member

According to the novel version written by Shudo (the head writer of the show until halfway of Johto), Ash's father is a good-for-nothing man and his name was not on the website of Kanto Pokemon League. And Ash knows this. He tried to look it up since Delia keep mentioning about his father as a great Trainer. So Ash never wonders about his father again after knowing this information.
    https://pokemonthenovel.dreamwidth.org/380.html
    Edit: added the link of the english translation (only vol 1 and a bit of vol 2 so far).

Spider-Phoenix and Kawaii Emolga like this.
  19. World Turtle

World Turtle Well-Known Member

Are these Pokemon that are goin to appear soon in the anime or is this some sort of Pokemon Word game?

That info might be out of date and no longer being used now.

Last edited: Feb 25, 2020
  20. Egakor

Egakor Well-Known Member

I deleted my comment about Riolu push because I posted it on the wrong thread. Sorry.