• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pocket Monsters (2019) Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dephender

Gizakawayusu
Staff member
Pocket Monsters (2019) Speculation Thread

Welcome to the new edition of the Next Pokémon thread, where you can share your theories on which Pokémon might be caught, evolved or released by the characters starring in the new Pocket Monsters anime. Of course, you can also speculate what personalities/roles the Pokémon might have.

Please mind the following:

• Don't diss or mock others if their predictions differ from yours. If you think someone's speculation is unlikely to happen, too farfetched or flat-out impossible, you can debate with them, but please stay respectful at all times.
  • If you suspect that someone's trolling, please contact a mod via PM or the report function instead of replying to that person.
  • Please don't use huge and/or animated sprites for your team speculation posts.
  • PLEASE AVOID HUGE WALLS OF TEXT! If your post is very big, please consider using spoiler tags or taking out sprites if you're using any.

Please be considerate to fellow members. Thanks!

----

Pocket Monsters, or "Pokémon" for short:
The mysterious creatures that live on our planet.
You can see them all over the world; In the sky, in the sea, in forests, in cities... Everywhere.
This is the story of "Satoshi", a boy who wants to be the best at Pokémon battling,
and "Go", a boy who dreams of getting every Pokémon.
This is the beginning of the adventure towards the apparently infinitely vast Pokémon world,
which will be had together with lots of Pokémon,
including Satoshi's partner "Pikachu" and Go's partner Hibanny".
Now...
Let's Go! To the Pokémon World! With our dreams and adventures!

img_news190929_01.png

Satoshi:
A 10 year old boy who aims to become the best at Pokémon battling
due to a certain encounter he had.
He's a straightforward boy with a strong sense of justice.
His dream is to become a Pokémon Master.

Pikachu:
Satoshi's greatest partner
who journeys together with him.
Its specialty is Thunderbolt.

img_news190929_02.png

Go:
A 10 year old boy
whose goal is to get the mythical Pokémon "Mew",
which he met when he was young.
He's calm and composed, but very passionate.
His dream is to get every Pokémon.

Hibanny:
A expert kicker who hates losing because it cares about its friends so much.
An unexpected turn of events led to its fateful encounter with Go.

img_news191013_04.png

Professor Sakuragi:
He conducts research at the Sakuragi Laboratories
while supporting Satoshi and Go's adventures.

img_news191013_05.png

Koharu:

A 10 year old girl who attends school.
She's Professor Sakuragi's daughter and a childhood friend of Go.

Wanpachi:
A puppy Pokémon.
Very attached to Koharu.

img_news191013_02.jpg
img_news191013_03.jpg

The Sakuragi Laboratories:

A recently built Pokémon laboratory in Kuchiba City, Kanto.
Satoshi and Go live here while they set off on adventures to various regions.

Series Staff:
Based on the creations of Satoshi Tajiri, Junichi Masuda and Ken Sugimori
Executive Director: Daiki Tomiyasu
Director: Maki Kodaira (ep 1-54), Jun Owada (ep 55+)
Creative Supervisor: Kunihiko Yuyama
Series Construction: Shoji Yonemura
Character Design: Shuhei Yasuda
Screenplay: Reiko Yoshida, Shoji Yonemura, Deko Akao, Junichi Fujisaku, Michihiro Tsuchiya, Toko Machida, Yuka Miyata, Aya Matsui, Atsuhiro Tomioka, Akemi Omode and more
Sound Director: Masafumi Mima
Music: Yuki Hayashi
Animation: OLM
Production: TV Tokyo, Medianet and Shopro
Voice of Satoshi: Rica Matsumoto
Voice of Go: Daiki Yamashita
Voice of Professor Sakuragi: Yuichi Nakamura
Voice of Koharu: Kana Hanazawa
Voice of Musashi: Megumi Hayashibara
Voice of Kojiro: Shinichiro Miki
Voice of Nyarth: Inuko Inuyama

Last edited:

Red and Blue

So it's just the two of them then? If so fine with me as a duo is pretty exciting.

Also I guess this doesn't quite rule out the reboot theory

Revolver Furious Dragon

Depends on who's doing what if ash is going to galar to gyms I see him getting a full team. Probably the other 2 starter's and hopefully corviknight

If he travels with Gou then I don't think he will catch much. Instead rotating his old pokes and training them

As for Gou. Theoretically he should be catching everything he comes across but as for what he will keep on his main team no idea. But it would be cool if he had something from every region

Red and Blue

Well based on the premise I could see Ash catching Pokemon from previous gens, but we will have to wait and see. Still hope he gets Sobble.

As for Go the possibilities are endless

U.N. Owen

In Brightest Day, In Blackest Night ...
I was so looking forward to the "Are you a boy or girl" memes coming from Go. We still don't have enough.

Here comes the meltdown that Ash is 10 again...

I don't get why people are obsessed with his age to the point they outright melt down

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
In terms of Ash using older Pokemon, I can only see him catching Pokemon from Gens 2 and 4 in order to promote hypothetical future remakes of those games.

Revolver Furious Dragon

Anyone else thinks gous dream might change early on? Instead of catching every Pokémon he decides to befriend them all instead.

We could get an early ep where he catches something but releases it after realising he would be taking it from it's friends/family so he decides to befriend everything instead

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
It might refer to the events of M20, if this follows the reboot movie version of Ash.

I'm getting that vibe as well.. Paired with the logo similarities to the reboot-movies. Guess Sun and Moon was the end for OG-Ash.

ash&charizardfan

Humans are tools
I am interested to know how will ash and gou will meet each other, and since gou is deutraganist i hope his story and personality is original unlike with dawn whose story and personality was copied from OS ash.

game3524

I really don't know what they are going to do with Ash's team. In the past, his team has mainly been new Pokemon from the newest generation. But since they don't seem to be focused on Galar alone, he may get some older Pokemon.

If this is truly a reboot, I am pretty sure he will get the Kanto trio again.

Revolver Furious Dragon

I am interested to know how will ash and gou will meet each other, and since gou is deutraganist i hope his story and personality is original unlike with dawn whose story and personality was copied from OS ash.

I could see gou visiting pallet town while ash is there and ash deciding to acompany him

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
I can see Ash getting Piplup instead of a Galar starter if they really want to promote hypothetical Sinnoh remakes.

Status
Not open for further replies.